Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have an underlying condition and obviously fit into one of the categories of people told to isolate for 12 weeks. But what do they advice we do with our children? Do we send them to school as normal or is it not worth the risk? And how long should we keep them home for?
The gov really needs to give more specific advice re schools.
My husband also works in an office , they have said nothing about working from home and it’s business as usual.
Whole household needs to isolate.
Stick to this thread for these questions

Whole household needs to isolate.
Stick to this thread for these questions
Thanks

Reactions: 1
Has anyone heard of any stories of older people in the vulnerable category who have been ok with Covid? So worried about my mum at the moment.

Reactions: 3
I think this stance will change. This has come anecdotally from the sheer amount of cases in France. Inflammation is needed to fight infection as it increases the amount white blood cells released into the blood stream.. You don’t have to believe me but evidence is ever changing with this so I wouldn’t be surprised if it will be mentioned in today’s press conference
Ibuprofen can cause problems with asthmatics if they are sensitive to it and have a reaction. I just had a memory of my daughter when very young (toddler) being ill with a bad cold and it had gone to her chest. I was alternating between paracetamol and ibuprofen, but after a dose of ibuprofen in the evening she started to get quite wheezy and breathless. It was a little bit alarming so I read the leaflet in the medicine for the ibuprofen and there it was, a warning about having an alergic reaction which would result in wheezing and tightness in the ches. She's very mildly astmatic, like her dad, and usually fine but there was definitely a reaction that time.

It would make sense then that if the people who are most vulnerable to Covid-19 are more likely to be asthmatic, then the percentage OF THOSE that are going to have an allergic reaction to ibuprofen is going to be higher than the percentage of the whole population that will have an allergic reaction, and it is also likely that in their already very weak state then their bodies may not be able to cope with that added strain. We will see what the general medical advice is but certainly if asthmatic then it probably makes sense to avoid ibuprofen as a treatment.

I live in Spain and in lockdown. Already people have caught outside with no good reason and have had the min fine €600. Only food and medical supplies and have to show reciept. Mind you, you are allowed out to walk your dog.

Anybody else on here from Spain
🙋‍♀️

Has anyone heard of any stories of older people in the vulnerable category who have been ok with Covid? So worried about my mum at the moment.
I think it's just too soon as only 10% of cases in Italy are recovered and they are not releasing all the data, probably to prevent hysteria and misinformation.

If vulnerable family members stay isolated we will know more in the coming weeks.

What are u all doing about going to the gym? I’ve seen a few people still going... my gym rarely has more than 2 people in it 🤣 and has anti bac for machines but wonder if we are or aren’t allowed to be... the guidance is so hazy

hugs to everyone! Xxx
Just practise good hygiene lovely and you should be fine, especially if it's quiet.
❤

Reactions: 2
My friends wedding I was supposed to be a bridesmaid for on Saturday (but my toddlers showing symptoms) has been postponed until it’s ‘all over’ so there’s that dilemma sorted, I was just about to ring and say I couldn’t make it as the text popped up 😰 I feel bad for her she was really excited but everybody’s health has to come first

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Is anyone actually worried about going hungry with all the empty shelves? I have stuff in that could last two weeks but I not worried I don’t think going hungry will be an issue for most. I just hope the army step in to provide help for those isolating who have no one .

My main worry is if I get ill I live alone with my 4 year old son (who also suffers with his chest) and if I get ill I’ll have no help. Scary times 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 6
What are u all doing about going to the gym? I’ve seen a few people still going... my gym rarely has more than 2 people in it 🤣 and has anti bac for machines but wonder if we are or aren’t allowed to be... the guidance is so hazy

hugs to everyone! Xxx
I am still going, I just took my own anti-bacterial wipes this morning to be safe.

Is anyone annoyed at influencers on Instagram still doing clothing hauls and especially affiliate links? Like, hello, we can't leave the house to go to the shops and no I don't want to see your ASOS haul. People don't have the money for that, there's more important things, like bills and food you self centered twats.

Reactions: 26
Yes, I saw a story this morning about a lady who is 103 and has survived it. Also, Nadine Dorries' Mum is 84, she's had it and has been ok, not even needed to go to hospital.

Is anyone actually worried about going hungry with all the empty shelves? I have stuff in that could last two weeks but I not worried I don’t think going hungry will be an issue for most. I just hope the army step in to provide help for those isolating who have no one .
The shelves aren't actually that empty, some things are not available and we're used to getting whatever we want every shop.

The food supply chain is fine. We might have shortages of some things and have to line up like Italy and France but I really can't see it getting that bad. I bought 2 rather than 1 of things for the last few weeks just because shopping may get a tad more difficult and I'd rather not line up outside.

Apparently Nadine Dorries 84yr old mother has it and her symptoms are less than what Nadine's were ?

Is anyone annoyed at influencers on Instagram still doing clothing hauls and especially affiliate links? Like, hello, we can't leave the house to go to the shops and no I don't want to see your ASOS haul. People don't have the money for that, there's more important things, like bills and food you self centered twats.
No. Most I've seen have posted to say they are as scared as the next person but are carrying on as normal as far as they can, we all will need a bit of light relief when it's a full on lockdown.

Yes, me. We have enough food for a couple of weeks, but I'm worried if we all get ill that we won't be able to get food as we'll have to isolate for 2 weeks and the food deliveries don't have slots for at least 2 weeks.

Trying to explain to family that self isolating will be a little bit harder for me because I stay alone and wouldn't have any human contact but they all live with someone or still together but apparently they don't understand
I worry about my over 70 mum who is on her own and I know how tough it will be because she relies on going to a weekly exercise class, going to the shops, going to village events, or just seeing neighbours for human contact. Do you think your family do understand but are trying to buoy you along, saying it won't be so bad... I think this is what I've been saying to my mum and I admit that it hasn't been received that well so I know I'm not saying it right. What could they say that would make you feel a bit better about it? I'm going to try to phone my mum a bit more often, and get the kids to contact her directly as well. Perhaps Facetime, so she can see us rather than just phone. We're emotionally reasonably close, but physically distant, and usually I know that she's busy in her own life so I don't always make enough effort. She's also recently been diagnosed with lung problems, due to many years of smoking (although gave up some time ago) so I know she's really worried. I'd really welcome your advice from the perspective of the person alone - thank you!

They're just thinking about themselves. Their whole job is advertising and they're about to run bone dry of work.

Then they'll start complaining that their income has been cut by 95% and it's the same as people with perm jobs walking into work and being told by their boss they are paying them just 5%🤦‍♀️. They should have prepared for them being the first out of work in a recession with such insecure, useless and vapid work.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.