Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but what is a national trust to go a walk in? Iv never heard of that
It's like a country estate ,castle ,forest etc like landmarks with a bit of history or scenery attached..

Reactions: 3
My husband was told today by a colleague that we should be washing our hands with soap only for 20 seconds then rinsing off with water. This is advice from a Bacteriologist. This way is much more effective in removing germs than wetting hands first then adding soap.
Maybe a lot of you do it this way anyway but thought it was worth mentioning just in case.
Are you suggesting that we use wet soap on dry hands? Because I have a particular aversion to that, namely "eeeewwwww!" You may be right in that's it more effective, but I have read that its the friction of rubbing and lather which removes everything, so wet on wet is best. Just sayin' :)

• Haha

I caught this on the BBC yesterday. It's heartbreaking but also very interesting.

So i had a sore throat last night and during the day today ive got worse. Achy, cough, temp of 37.8. Im terrified I have it 😭
I think i may have tonsillitis after doing some reasearch. Hoping I can get antibiotics tomorrow

I think you can go out anywhere like a national trust as long as you’re not really coming into contact with people.
we will certainly spending our weekends taking our toddler out for walks. Just avoiding people as much as we possibly can e.g packed lunches

Reactions: 1
I’m type 1
Can't seem to pm you and don't want to derail the thread but are you planning to self isolate? Ive decided to keep my son (10) off as from tonight he's still quite newly diagnosed so I'm taking no chances x

Yeah I saw that. I think they should be definite no go’s. Hot clammy environment, lots of deep breathing...
Droplets of sweat and saliva on equipment :0 ..not that I wouldn't be in a mile of one anyway;)

Reactions: 1
Lurker, first time post. Very morbid please skip if your not in a good frame of mind. Just need to vent.

My mum is 43 with a terminal condition. We have had to cancel a long awaited UK holiday and once in a lifetime experience next week because of everything that is going on. I get the reasons and it’s the right call. But it is still hard to stomach. Particularly in light of recent reports that some form of quarantine measures might go on for as long as 18 months. In all likelihood if corona hasn’t killed her in that time frame her disease would. Sorry to be so morbid but I don’t have anywhere else to air these things. Just maybe bear in mind when people, elderly or otherwise, still want to go out it may be because they know they haven’t got months of their life to spare in self isolation. “Adding life to days when days can’t be added to life” is the saying, it’s just hard to see at the moment how that can be done from quarantine 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 37
I also work for a large retail company, I nearly had a panic attack yesterday from dreading the thought of going back to work. I’ve stopped getting the bus to work from today, it’s 3 miles each way but it has eased my anxiety slightly. I’m just getting to the point where I feel like I’m going to have an anxiety attack. I’m 39 and moved back to live with my parents to help support my mum as my dad was diagnosed with mixed dementia. My dad also gets chronic vertigo and has high blood pressure and also had prostrate cancer. He is 75, my mum is 68. My brother today rang me and said if my parents get it it’s all my fault, that I’m putting them at risk etc, I then spent an hour crying. I feel the only way I can protect them is to quit my job. The company I work for don’t seem to be showing signs of closing as government are not advising too, plus they also sell food as well so I don’t think they would due to that. I just don’t know what to do. I’ve looked at renting an air bnb but they are further away from my work and none seem to be walkable. I feel like I’m cracking up
Is your brother assisting with care or, if you were going to resign, assist financially? It’s all well and good him putting the onus on you but I hope he is pulling his weight. You are selfless moving back in with them and a great person x

Reactions: 7
No group gatherings? Yet tomorrow morning I’ll be stood in a small enclosed area with 30+ Parents and 40+ children until they open the gate to let the children in. How is that okay but gathering elsewhere isn’t?
Why aren’t they closing the schools yet they are offering this advice? Surely kids are going to be gathering at school? You Can’t keep 200+ students separated. Can anyone explain in simple terms why the schools aren’t closing yet? It has to be soon. Surely? What about when all the teachers end up ill and have to leave. Do we have any legal rights that have been announced recently to remove our Children from school early? Sorry for the rant.

Reactions: 13
Lurker, first time post. Very morbid please skip if your not in a good frame of mind. Just need to vent.

My mum is 43 with a terminal condition. We have had to cancel a long awaited UK holiday and once in a lifetime experience next week because of everything that is going on. I get the reasons and it’s the right call. But it is still hard to stomach. Particularly in light of recent reports that some form of quarantine measures might go on for as long as 18 months. In all likelihood if corona hasn’t killed her in that time frame her disease would. Sorry to be so morbid but I don’t have anywhere else to air these things. Just maybe bear in mind when people, elderly or otherwise, still want to go out it may be because they know they haven’t got months of their life to spare in self isolation. “Adding life to days when days can’t be added to life” is the saying, it’s just hard to see at the moment how that can be done from quarantine 😢
I can understand and it sounds like a crap situation all round x

Reactions: 4

Yes that's a very sad and hard situation your in :(

All scout groups are closed including the one I'm a leader at but not schools😡

Reactions: 2

So sorry to hear about your Mum ❤

Reactions: 6
What are we supposed to do about older people who are being stubborn 😫 my 79 year old mother has just told me she will not be staying in as it’s ‘ridiculous!’
A lady that my friend knows has presented symptoms, she's still going out shopping and visiting friends... She's 76. They will probably be the main spreaders.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.