Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
Someone made a good point on Facebook. What happens if we're on lockdown and we need an electrician, gas man, builder etc? 🤔
Someone on mine said if we go into lockdown the TV licence man is going to know we're in LOL...

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Mizzdee

I got told to self isolate with my family yesterday for 7 days. Does that automatically mean i now do for 14 days do we think? My work are going to go mental.
Seriously, fuck them. Life is more important and in the coming weeks it will be the norm, if not sooner.

hrh89

VIP Member
Anyone else living alone and feeling a bit lost ? its horrible being in by yourself right now

• Sad
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
all cans gone apart from creamed sweetcorn and white asparagus.
In what none virus infected world do these things exist. 🤢
is this the corona range?? Like the supermarket own brand range but for the really desperate...Was it beside the fucking polenta? it was wasn’t it.

In keeping with my display photo I’m a dog that licks my ass and even I’d turn my nose up at that. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Pixie06

VIP Member
I'm a severe asthmatic and single parent, my only relative near is my 85 year old dad. Surely that is enough to justify keeping my child off school? Yes? I was hospitalised last year with pneumonia.

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Was listening to an interview with a Brit living in Madrid and he said enterprising Spaniards are renting out their dogs to the Non dog owners so they are able to get out of their homes as dog walking is allowed as are grocery store runs but you must be a metre away from other people.
Our dog cost me 1k to buy and in the region of £70 a month ongoing (insurance, food, vet etc) so it’s about time the little ratbag started earning her keep!!

• Haha

Meangirl815

VIP Member
We are in self isolation. I informed my kids nursery/school yesterday. Today i rang the school to ask about school work being sent home and i will quote the response i got

'we have so many children off that we simply don't know what to do yet. All we ask for the immediate future is that you look after yourselves and each other and stay safe. We will be in touch re school work when we can'

Perfect! So I'm gently easing my kids into it (they are only 4,5 and 6 although my 6yr old has the head of a 45 Yr old) today we are doing cleaning, baking and silly yoga workouts. Tonight i will download work sheets etc ready to find some sort of structure for our days going forward.

It's all very surreal.

Hang in there people. We got this 👌👌

• Heart

iloveanimals

Chatty Member
If I have to stay in my house for super long I will definitely suffer. Especially as I literally live alone with my two kids and the main topic of conversation at the moment is paw patrol.
I don't have any friends but just getting out of the house helps a LOT with my depression/anxiety/PTSD symptoms.
you have friends on here though.

• Heart

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
So it’s my brothers engagement party Saturday night he’s in turmoil at what to do.!Invited 100 plus already paid for food and decorations. Would you cancel or let people decide if they want to come?
Cancel. It really sucks but for me this falls easily into the category of ‘non-essential social gathering’. Horrible for them tho.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
i noticed that mentioned yesterday @freddiesmum09

CF47BDD5-8646-4540-B220-9AA7519EA9B3.jpeg

prime minister, is there ever an urgent reason to go to the pub....”
Ironically, now more than ever 😐 🍷 🍷 🍷 I joke, I joke

• Haha
  • Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
Is anyone annoyed at influencers on Instagram still doing clothing hauls and especially affiliate links? Like, hello, we can't leave the house to go to the shops and no I don't want to see your ASOS haul. People don't have the money for that, there's more important things, like bills and food you self centered twats.
They're just thinking about themselves. Their whole job is advertising and they're about to run bone dry of work.

Then they'll start complaining that their income has been cut by 95% and it's the same as people with perm jobs walking into work and being told by their boss they are paying them just 5%🤦‍♀️. They should have prepared for them being the first out of work in a recession with such insecure, useless and vapid work.

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
I’m so glad she was able to catch you. it breaks my heart to think of elderly people alone. Im going to give my very able but still
Elderly neighbours across the road my number just incase. I’d hate to think of them scared.
Me too. Went and got her shopping and said I’d get hers next week too then she tried to pay me. When I took it in she had next to nothing. We live in quite an affluent area but it just shows how this can (and will) affect anyone. She’s like an extension of my family and my kids call her Nonna. Going to knock on a few doors now just to make sure no one else is suffering in silence.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I'm pregnant, not due until end of July, with a 2 year old. My partner is a chef in a busy restaurant (granted not so busy lately).
I have some serious mental health problems and all of this is getting too much.

I am really struggling to keep calm but if I lose it, that will be me in a really bad place.

I dont have a clue what I'm supposed to be doing from one day to the next. Avoid social contact, but do go out and exercise? What about midwife appointments? My partner doesn't drive and it's a 20 minute bus journey to my nearest hospital.

What if something happens with the baby and I have to go to hospital early? They are downgrading my local maternity unit too, so any pregnancies with complications have to go even further to the city hospital, 2 hours away from me. I hope and pray for a straight forward pregnancy, like my first but what if that doesn't happen and there are no nurses or ambulances available if something bad happens to me.

His driving lessons are looking to stop soon and we are not too comfortable with him getting buses to get to them.

We were hoping he would be passed by the baby coming but this is looking unlikely. With pregnant women now being told we might have to stay at home for 12 weeks, what does my partner do? He works in one of the places that is being recommended people avoid. He's only an apprentice too so I'm worried he will lose his job if they shut down.
We live in a tourist town and theres already been talk of them closing his work for a while, due to so many cancellations at the hotel.

I'm beyond scared. My dad has heart problems and very high blood pressure problems, my mum lives in the city on her own, 2 hours away from any of her family. She has no one out there.

I can't hold it together much longer and my partner is trying to keep me calm.

Sorry, I just needed to get all my worries out 😭😭

• Sad

theghosttown

VIP Member
Boris’s speech will single handedly bring the leisure industry to its knees. By not enforcing a ban on attending clubs and pubs it means they can’t claim on insurance or against the government. The leisure sector is a really unstable as it is. This will kill it. All well and good balling out the fat cat tax dodgers though isn’t it!!!

• Sad

Char93

The amount of people this week I've heard saying "oh well if I get it I get it nothing you can do!" Is really starting to piss me off, theres things you can be doing to help prevent you getting it it's not completely by chance, advice is everywhere but these people are the careless type that dont think of others, funnily enough it's mostly older people saying it too yet I bet they all go get their flu jab instead of having the same motto, I'm almost glad I'll be isolating for 12 weeks now I cant deal with the level of stupidity I live in.

• Heart

Doc

VIP Member
A lot of people won’t want to cancel holidays because they won’t get their money back. If Boris wants not essential travelling stopping he needs to instruct holidays to be cancelled so insurance pays out.

I get he’s protecting the insurance industry but really, the big ones should have contingency business planning for pandemics anyway

Reactions: 15

SavvyBee

VIP Member
This announcement from the chancellor is huge. And comforting. Thank FUCK it’s him and not Diane Abbott.

• Heart

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
Anyone else scared of becoming agoraphobic? I suffer with anxiety but manage it pretty much okay (or have done for the last few years) but I just went to the shop to get some food and on the way home had to sit on a wall for 5 mins as I could feel a panic attack coming on. I’m now scared to leave the house again and don’t want to get like this :(. I’m sure after a good nights sleep I’ll be okay, I’ve also deleted all social media apps as the scaremongering is really getting to me.

• Sad