Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is going to have huge implications on those with mental health issues - anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation, OCD, paranoia, social anxiety. We aren't prepared for the immensity of this situation.
Yup. I live alone and all my family live within a 10 minute walk from me. I depend on them a lot.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
But the government can also use this stance by claiming that they did not order you to close, even though by staying open and no one buying your services will cost you revenue, without getting any profit back. It's basically a middle finger to the companies saying, do what you want but we won't help until we are made too.

Reactions: 6
lol, as if the insurance companies are going to pay up anyway? travel insurance companies are already turning down claims, saying that a pandemic is so unprecedented they do not cover it.

no, this will be for the government to help businesses, insurers won't cover it.
Have to strongly disagree.
Travel insurance is for holidays, leisure time etc.
You can't comlare the insurance that covers a measly holiday to that of someone's business & livelihood.
My business insurance fully covers my business for epidemics & pandemics, as I'm sure it will for a lot of other companies.

Reactions: 10
I walked to my parents today with the dog,and my mam has been in tears. I felt so helpless. My sister is heavily pregnant, and she is always worried about me anyway (immunocompromised from chemo, thyroid disease, asthma and 1 kidney - fml 😖😖😖😖). It's awful seeing those who are usually our pillars of strength be as scared as us. I feel as scared as I was when I first got my cancer diagnosis.
This makes me sad :( hope your ok

Our hospital have now said no one is allowed in without permission, even staff have to use their swipe cards to gain entry ..This includes A&E dept..

Reactions: 8
My eldest is 18, she has mild asthma. She developed a dry cough and wheeze last week. No fever. 111 said carry on as normal. She’s ok now. Cough almost gone.

My husband has asthma so his boss said with me having health issues and hubby having asthma he’s to work from home indefinitely. My daughter is still working in an office environment and no talk of closing. I’m worried. I just wish I could keep her home and pull my children from school now 🙁

Reactions: 3
Are ya's really not worried about this? Like people talking about kids parties etc. No one in dublin is doing anything bar us in HC. It's like 28 days later where I live in dublin theres feic all on lol. I'm dreading to see how many have it in the UK when they announce!
Boris isn't doing enough for us, things need to be banned and schools should shut

My eldest is 18, she has mild asthma. She developed a dry cough and wheeze last week. No fever. 111 said carry on as normal. She’s ok now. Cough almost gone.

My husband has asthma so his boss said with me having health issues and hubby having asthma he’s to work from home indefinitely. My daughter is still working in an office environment and no talk of closing. I’m worried. I just wish I could keep her home and pull my children from school now 🙁
I honestly don’t see them imposing fines for absences so if it makes you feel better then do it. I’d let the schools take me to court for the fine if I had to!

Hard to stay away from each other if you work on public transport 🤦‍♀️ And all the other careers where you can't avoid contact!!!

Reactions: 11
I have spent days annoyed because we weren't doing enough. Now I'm scared because we are doing more

Feel like I'm living in some weird alternative reality

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Idris Elba has just shared on Twitter that he has tested positive for COVID-19 after being in contact with another confirmed case.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Awful to see the death toll rising.
One of my local pubs have closed based on the advice and yet another has just advertised their upcoming events for this week.

Reactions: 2
What are we supposed to do about older people who are being stubborn 😫 my 79 year old mother has just told me she will not be staying in as it’s ‘ridiculous!’

Reactions: 9
Boris isn't doing enough for us, things need to be banned and schools should shut
I live in U.S and our city has closed all schools, all kids clubs and child care, all bars and restaurants, play areas and there is a 10pm curfew in place. It is crazy but they are taking action at least.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
What are we supposed to do about older people who are being stubborn 😫 my 79 year old mother has just told me she will not be staying in as it’s ‘ridiculous!’
My husband just been on the phone to the MIL...she also has this train of thought. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 2
While I’m not worried for my family, I got caught by my elderly neighbour when I was being the kids back from the park. Her son usually visits her every week to do her shopping etc but he’s had to isolate because they came back from Italy. She didn’t want to bother me because she knows I’m ‘busy with the children’ but she wondered if she could borrow some milk because she had ran out. I literally wanted to cry. I never even thought to check because I knew her son visited.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.