Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This self isolating is bizarre 🤷‍♀️ right so You’re a family of three, the mother has symptoms so The dad and Child need to self isolate to, then at the end of the two wks The dad starts to show symptoms so they need to self isolate again for another two weeks then at the end of that two weeks The child starts to show symptoms so they need to isolate for a further two weeks 🤪 it’s just crazy 😜

Reactions: 6
Morning everyone! Just wanted to pop in and catch up on posts before heading off to work. I have my "Corona Kit" with me, which consists of my own mug & utensils, paper towels, latex gloves, diy spray bottle of weak bleach & water to wipe the till down, and a smile. Because I'm determined not to let this new dystopian world get me down. Have a safe clean day everyone. :)

Reactions: 27
I haven’t been into my office in London since Thursday. Usually I get one of the last car parking spaces and seats on the train at 6:30am... today there was maybe 30/375 cars in the car park.

I’m glad people aren’t coming in as it makes me wanting to work from home seem sane!

My dad is my boss and he just isn’t getting it, he’s 60 with suspected type 2 diabetes and glaucoma. Should he be at home for the next 12 weeks?

This self isolating is bizarre 🤷‍♀️ right so You’re a family of three, the mother has symptoms so The dad and Child need to self isolate to, then at the end of the two wks The dad starts to show symptoms so they need to self isolate again for another two weeks then at the end of that two weeks The child starts to show symptoms so they need to isolate for a further two weeks 🤪 it’s just crazy 😜
Omg you’re right never thought I’d it like that !!! Bonkers 😫

Reactions: 1
To anyone pregnant or just had a new born. I am so sorry that that absolute toolbag was so Blaise about the effects of it on you. I understand it's new and they don't know alot about it but to just say, yeah it effects the but until loads more get it we won't know by now much. Wanted to smash his teeth in. You guys are already going through so much and that was has helpful as pouring tea into a colander
Appreciate this post. I’ve got a newborn and an 8yo and 5yo - both staying home from school this week as precaution. I missed the press conference - and sorry if it’s been said elsewhere but what did they say about newborns and the impact of CV? Thanks x

I think they understand you only to be infectious for 5days, so 5 days in someone could get it hence the 14 days, but if someone else was to get it at day 10, it would start again I guess!

I live on a small street and we have set up a what's app group with everyone in the street. There are a number of olders couples plus if anyone is self isolating we can let each other know/pick up shopping etc. Might also be nice just for a wee chat if things really lockdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I see a theatre in my area has decided to close following government advice 're Social gatherings..... yet all the schools remain open 🤔

Are they genuinely showing symptoms or could it be their way of using Government instructions not to go in themselves and avoid a fine/bashing from colleagues? We had about 7% of pupils off yesterday. One family even blatantly said they’re not sending their child in until it’s all over. I don’t blame them.
Both have admitted actual symptoms- fever and cough.

• Sad
Perhaps, but sadly if it needs to be done, it needs to be done.

GMB today. Piers Morgan not taking no tit from no one.

Asking Sadiq Khan ALL the questions being asked here about schools still being open and allowing health care workers to only send their kids in.

He makes me anxious when he says “This is war, this is a war now” 😬

Reactions: 6
I feel like my life is on hold to prevent spread of this virus and yet I'm still taking my son to school! I had a cry last night when a friend text to cancel meeting this weekend even though it was inevitable 🙈

• Sad
Reactions: 4
2 families and 2 teachers have gone into self isolation at my children's school. They remain open. Its a small school. Now I'm debating it I should even send him in. Dont want to react with fear but this has worried me 😟
I’ve decided to keep mine home from today, if we’re not supposed to go into pubs/clubs/be close to anyone I’m not sending my kids into a small classroom with 32 other kids! Especially as one of the teachers is self isolating!

Reactions: 3
I feel like my life is on hold to prevent spread of this virus and yet I'm still taking my son to school! I had a cry last night when a friend text to cancel meeting this weekend even though it was inevitable 🙈
I feel exactly the same, I’m still taking my eldest to nursery. I know it isn’t “essential” but feels like I’m still supposed to be taking her at the moment - I don’t know of any children at her nursery who aren’t still going in at the moment.

Exactly! Of all the breeding grounds! We all know what it's like when they get colds, nits, sickness bugs..... I'm not going places with my 2 year old but I'm still taking my children to school every day 🤔

Is anyone else finding the symptoms too vague. How does it start, what is classed as persistent, etc.

I have a heavy chest, slightly breathless and a sore throat, my 11 year old has the same but witha cough too. No idea if that means my husband should now take 14 days off work, and my children should isolate from school?
Yes they should.

It would be easier if they tested. Because then, according to their theory, the first would be immune and not be able to pass it on! But because there’s no confirmation it is definitely CV you have to potentially isolate for weeks!!

What is the issue with testing? No capacity?

Reactions: 2
Dixons Carphone to close 531 stores, with loss of 2,900 jobs
Company will focus on selling mobile phones through ‘shops in shops’

It's going to be a tricky job for the chancellor to give funding to viable businesses while not wasting money on those that are outdated. Won't taxes have to rise afterwards if they give out lots like the French President?

lol, as if the insurance companies are going to pay up anyway? travel insurance companies are already turning down claims, saying that a pandemic is so unprecedented they do not cover it.

no, this will be for the government to help businesses, insurers won't cover it.
not quite true, I work in insurance and we are paying out for certain claims, but only if advised to close, so what piers is saying is correct. It all depends on your level of cover :)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.