Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi!! If you need a chat and a bit of adult conversation feel free to DM me!! Happy to help if you need to stay sane!!
If you need anyone to chat to I'm in the same boat on my own with kids you can always message me anytime or anyone that feels on there own at a time like this please dont suffer in silence x
Always here for a chat too. I’m not on my own but my husband works away from home (obs he’s working from home now) but I do understand how isolating it is to be at home with just the kids for prolonged amounts of time . It has seriously affected my mental health at times too.
thank you! shame we can't make group chats on this website.
I love my kids but I'll go insane if I don't talk to anyone else 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't like the uncertainty and that the UK is doing a different approach.

BUT I do think them having this slower approach and making it seem like it's peoples own choice might be more effective at stopping Brits from mixing. By the end of the week I expect more draconian measures to be introduced. But this may work to slow the peak and not cause a second bigger one. We don't know what will work, but we can be hopeful 🤞

Reactions: 25
My mum is acting the same 🤦🏽‍♀️
Everyone who can, will, and that’ll hopefully be enough of an impact to slow the spread massively. I’ve told my grandparents (to stop them from panicking) to go for walks in their local park only and stay away from anyone else (no coffee shop stops etc). I’m buying them flasks instead. They will want to go out at some point so I’m trying to advise the safest possible way to do so.

Reactions: 1
Our hospital have now said no one is allowed in without permission, even staff have to use their swipe cards to gain entry ..This includes A&E dept..
wish my hospital would do this. Somebody walked up to me in the a&e waiting room and declared ‘I need to see a doctor I think I have this corona virus thing’ so I went and got her a mask. And she refused to wear it. I know we are supposed to be impartial but she didn’t look a bit like somebody suffering to me and I felt like telling her to duck clean off! Attention seeker looking a couple weeks off work! Sure come straight to a&e and breath all over the staff and actual sick people. Lovely cheers. (I was in A&E training I don’t work in that department so don’t accuse me of having a bad attitude and I should consider a diff job I’m actually very nice😅) Rant over xx

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Covid death at my local hospital. It's 10 mins drive away..had both kids there & me & my youngest have regular appointments because of our genetic conditions. It's becoming really scary . At work tmw on the public transport system...🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I'm pregnant, not due until end of July, with a 2 year old. My partner is a chef in a busy restaurant (granted not so busy lately).
I have some serious mental health problems and all of this is getting too much.

I am really struggling to keep calm but if I lose it, that will be me in a really bad place.

I dont have a clue what I'm supposed to be doing from one day to the next. Avoid social contact, but do go out and exercise? What about midwife appointments? My partner doesn't drive and it's a 20 minute bus journey to my nearest hospital.

What if something happens with the baby and I have to go to hospital early? They are downgrading my local maternity unit too, so any pregnancies with complications have to go even further to the city hospital, 2 hours away from me. I hope and pray for a straight forward pregnancy, like my first but what if that doesn't happen and there are no nurses or ambulances available if something bad happens to me.

His driving lessons are looking to stop soon and we are not too comfortable with him getting buses to get to them.

We were hoping he would be passed by the baby coming but this is looking unlikely. With pregnant women now being told we might have to stay at home for 12 weeks, what does my partner do? He works in one of the places that is being recommended people avoid. He's only an apprentice too so I'm worried he will lose his job if they shut down.
We live in a tourist town and theres already been talk of them closing his work for a while, due to so many cancellations at the hotel.

I'm beyond scared. My dad has heart problems and very high blood pressure problems, my mum lives in the city on her own, 2 hours away from any of her family. She has no one out there.

I can't hold it together much longer and my partner is trying to keep me calm.

Sorry, I just needed to get all my worries out 😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I got told to self isolate with my family yesterday for 7 days. Does that automatically mean i now do for 14 days do we think? My work are going to go mental.
Any ideas on suggested wording for a text to them? I'm rubbish at this and work myself right up. I dont know wether to be like should i take 14 days now? And give them the choice or be like i'll be off for 14 days now as i just got told to isolate yesterday. Any tips are great and what you'd really do would be appreciated i know we all say i'd do this or that but what you'd actually do would be great. Im not very assertive.

Just saw on the previous thread about those who have flu jabs should isolate? Why is that? Didnt get to watch the conference properly as my toddler was climbing up me and screaming!

Just saw on the previous thread about those who have flu jabs should isolate? Why is that? Didnt get to watch the conference properly as my toddler was climbing up me and screaming!
Because those entitled to the flu jab are the most vulnerable .

Reactions: 5
wish my hospital would do this. Somebody walked up to me in the a&e waiting room and declared ‘I need to see a doctor I think I have this corona virus thing’ so I went and got her a mask. And she refused to wear it. I know we are supposed to be impartial but she didn’t look a bit like somebody suffering to me and I felt like telling her to duck clean off! Attention seeker looking a couple weeks off work! Sure come straight to a&e and breath all over the staff and actual sick people. Lovely cheers. (I was in A&E training I don’t work in that department so don’t accuse me of having a bad attitude and I should consider a diff job I’m actually very nice😅) Rant over xx
Some people don't give a tit about anyone but themselves ,front line workers have got it tough x ( I would have just told her to duck off ) ;)

Reactions: 4
349 deaths today in Italy :(

The line is going up so sharply, much more than it did for China and I worry tis going to keep getting sharper for a few more week
Screenshot_2020-03-16-18-57-26-566_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 2
But everyone who works for the NHS gets offered a flu jab.

Reactions: 6
Coronavirus: PM says everyone should avoid office, pubs and travelling https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51917562
Ok they said there actually isn’t much evidence for them to go on so because infection in general is worse for pregnant women that they are including them in the at risk group as they’d rather recall it at a later date and have been too cautious than nog include them. So pregnant women currently classed as vulnerable and to stay in for 12 weeks. They did say apart from exercise which should obviously be in the open air away from others. So going on a walk would be ok.

Iv had the phone call this evening to say that all staff, apart from managers are not to come to work from tommorow. I work full time, have done there for the last 2 years but on a 0 hour contract. I assume I have no rights to pay

• Sad
Reactions: 3
At least we can all sleep well at night knowing that these celebs are getting tested.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
thank you! shame we can't make group chats on this website.
I love my kids but I'll go insane if I don't talk to anyone else 🤣
I know same here I'm certainly going to be pushed to my limit teenagers who dont understand when I'm trying to explain no gatherings at our house when normally my house is open to all there friends and a 4 year old who will wonder why shes not at school 😕.

Reactions: 5
Ok they said there actually isn’t much evidence for them to go on so because infection in general is worse for pregnant women that they are including them in the at risk group as they’d rather recall it at a later date and have been too cautious than nog include them. So pregnant women currently classed as vulnerable and to stay in for 12 weeks. They did say apart from exercise which should obviously be in the open air away from others. So going on a walk would be ok.
For 3rd trimester though, right?
He corrected himself in the conference and said not all pregnant women, just the last trimester.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.