Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lucy J carter had her family traisped round Legoland a couple of days ago (eye roll) two premature twins with bad chests, and two young boys ( we'll not mention the brain dead husband) walking round probably one of the most germ infested places in the country with #AD added .Anything for money including your family's safety:( hopefully none of her subs with even half a brain will know not to take that offer up...

This absolute plonker (Rebecca Lamb) pissed me right off! This was last week I think. Absolutely unbelievable.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Not good in school, staff all seem really anxious today. Had some staff crying in offices, feel like it myself to be honest.
This is how I feel too. I’m exasperated that my work aren’t doing anything and feel like a sitting duck.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Lucy J carter had her family traisped round Legoland a couple of days ago (eye roll) two premature twins with bad chests, and two young boys ( we'll not mention the brain dead husband) walking round probably one of the most germ infested places in the country with #AD added .Anything for money including your family's safety:( hopefully none of her subs with even half a brain will know not to take that offer up...
Let’s not forget that she’s now taken her two boys out of school/preschool because all her kids have coughs. I wonder why they do...

Personally I don’t mind a bit of light heartedness from influencers at the moment, it’s a welcome break from stress and anxiety. But tons of ads and aff links are pointless and slightly insensitive I think.

Reactions: 4
While everyone around me is going into full blown panic mode I’m feeling relatively calm, I think as I had my panic time a few weeks ago it’s passed. I’ve taken the kids out in the garden this morning doing some planting with my two step children who are both teenagers and fully aware of the situation and are both very panicked, understandably. Anything to help them both

Reactions: 7
Not good in school, staff all seem really anxious today. Had some staff crying in offices, feel like it myself to be honest.
I rang our school to tell them i was removing my children for the next 2 weeks and would reasses mid April when they were due back after the easter holidays.
The receptionist told me that i was not the only one, she had many worried staff, some in tears, asking her what they should do.
She said the government had not communicated any of this latest update with the school and they were hoping for an update at some point today.
Im glad I've taken my 2 out, 1 less child for those teachers to have to worry about.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Let’s not forget that she’s now taken her two boys out of school/preschool because all her kids have coughs. I wonder why they do...

Personally I don’t mind a bit of light heartedness from influencers at the moment, it’s a welcome break from stress and anxiety. But tons of ads and aff links are pointless and slightly insensitive I think.
I think the day's of the "influencer" are numbered ,people have more important things to do with their money now .Coughing or not she'll still have those two wee souls laying on the floor ,dressed in the latest #gifted outfit with a giant turban on their head :(

Reactions: 9
We are in self isolation. I informed my kids nursery/school yesterday. Today i rang the school to ask about school work being sent home and i will quote the response i got

'we have so many children off that we simply don't know what to do yet. All we ask for the immediate future is that you look after yourselves and each other and stay safe. We will be in touch re school work when we can'

Perfect! So I'm gently easing my kids into it (they are only 4,5 and 6 although my 6yr old has the head of a 45 Yr old) today we are doing cleaning, baking and silly yoga workouts. Tonight i will download work sheets etc ready to find some sort of structure for our days going forward.

It's all very surreal.

Hang in there people. We got this 👌👌

• Heart
Reactions: 17
ACAS have told me that employees have no right in law to stay home if you are vulnerable/high risk without your employers’ express permission as the advice is purely advisory at the moment and not law.

This is everything that is wrong with the current approach. I’m so scared and feel helpless.

• Sad
  • Angry
ACAS have told me that employees have no right in law to stay home if you are vulnerable/high risk without your employers’ express permission as the advice is purely advisory at the moment and not law.

This is everything that is wrong with the current approach. I’m so scared and feel helpless.
I am so hopeful the coronavirus bill this week will improve the situation for vulnerable workers in jobs that cannot be performed remotely.

I rang our school to tell them i was removing my children for the next 2 weeks and would reasses mid April when they were due back after the easter holidays.
The receptionist told me that i was not the only one, she had many worried staff, some in tears, asking her what they should do.
She said the government had not communicated any of this latest update with the school and they were hoping for an update at some point today.
Im glad I've taken my 2 out, 1 less child for those teachers to have to worry about.
I don’t think my son’s secondary school are bothered as he’s been given an hours detention after school for talking during a lesson yesterday! They’ve cancelled all the after school clubs yet are happy to keep kids behind for an extra hour 🤷‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Hi everyone, I’ve been avoiding this thread, twitter etc

but I just wanted to let you know I left the house for the first time in 5 weeks and I petted a cute cat I haven’t seen in a while so I hope these pictures take your mind off things for just a few seconds or so ❤ I hope you’re all well
Proud of you 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 11

but I just wanted to let you know I left the house for the first time in 5 weeks and I petted a cute cat I haven’t seen in a while so I hope these pictures take your mind off things for just a few seconds or so ❤ I hope you’re all well
Love this. ❤

• Heart

That's fantastic ! that's the attitude we all need adopt ,one day at a time my love x

There's just no stopping them;)
89514410_3240827265946847_8829414727110098944_n.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
We are in self isolation. I informed my kids nursery/school yesterday. Today i rang the school to ask about school work being sent home and i will quote the response i got

'we have so many children off that we simply don't know what to do yet. All we ask for the immediate future is that you look after yourselves and each other and stay safe. We will be in touch re school work when we can'

Perfect! So I'm gently easing my kids into it (they are only 4,5 and 6 although my 6yr old has the head of a 45 Yr old) today we are doing cleaning, baking and silly yoga workouts. Tonight i will download work sheets etc ready to find some sort of structure for our days going forward.

It's all very surreal.

Hang in there people. We got this 👌👌
I homeschooled my son for a while last year and ordered some work books from Amazon . They have a rage of different KS1 and KS2 books available 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Pleased you went out and got some fresh air :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.