Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I know I makes me sad for people who can’t get what they really need. I never bulk buy so only buy a 6 pack of toilet roll as needed but I’ve had to buy a few extra as I know the chances of getting them when they run out, we will be stuck, but that’s why it’s got so bad in The first place everyone buying extra because of the fools going over the top, it’s a vicious cycle.
We bulk buy dry goods but that's because we shop at Costco for those things. We normally buy 2 packs of toilet rolls. One pack contains 5 nine packs so it's our normal to have this amount at any one time but today I've dropped 6 rolls, some uht milk, tea bags, coffee, some tinned bits and 5 portions of cottage pie and 5 plated Sunday dinners to a bloke who lives in the bungalow on our road who is elderly and quite ill and told him to call if he needs anything else. I do it for him when it snows too and know he doesn't have much and his wife died about 5 years ago now.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I really worry for those children who suffer abuse and school is the only sense of routine for them. For those for whom their free school meal is their only meal of the day and domestic violence cases in a lock down. It’s those people on our streets we need to be looking out for as well as elderly and more vulnerable

• Sad
Reactions: 56

NoodlesToodles

VIP Member
I think alot of people on here need to step away from the internet for a while. There is no need to be getting worried to the point its causing you physical symptoms. Yes I completely understand the worry around all this but too much information will just overload the brain and impair rational thought. Stay away from unofficial sources and conspiracy theories online and just stick with the facts as we know it. Try and carry on with your normal lives as best you can and go about your normal routines. Follow any measures advised by the authorities as and when they are announced.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

KateESJ

VIP Member
I'm posting some notes into my elderly neighbours letterboxes tomorrow. Asking to let me know if they need anything, I have a car and I'll be happy to try and accommodate them so they don't have to leave.

One of my neighbours is in his 70s and goes to the local pub for tea every night because he can't cook/doesn't like cooking. I'll offer to take him some food around every night I can, if it means he eats and stays healthy.
We have to look after our vulnerable :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

Danielle1

David & Sally Abel a married couple in their 70''s who were in hospital in Japan after testing positive from the Princess Cruise ship are now healthy and home in the UK! So happy for them xx

• Heart
Reactions: 41

memoii11

VIP Member
Shall we skip the rest of 2020 and jump ahead to 2021?! I'm done with this year. Who's with me?!

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
My husband endeared himself to me today. Again. He went out early to stock up on cigarettes 😂 - I just came back from the shop and told him yet again no bog roll or pasta to which he replied 'oh I looked when I was there as I knew you'd be interested and there was loads'.
And he didn't think to buy ANY. Luckily I can laugh. It is a hysterical high pitched laugh accompanied by a twitch in my eye, but it is a laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Daire

Not sure if it was the 3 glasses of wine or what, but I had a nap and a crazy dream.

In my dream I was watching TV and there was a breaking news alert on BBC that Prince Philip had got the virus and he was critical. Boris was on the TV with a basin of water and soap explaining we must now wash our hands to London bridge is falling down and not happy birthday.

On Channel 4 Jon Snow was reporting that we need to stop buying toilet paper because it was interfering with the ozone layer and something about white giraffes that I cant remember, and he was like super freaking out on the screen.

I might need to lay off the news, or the wine, or probably both :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Cocod28

Apologies if this has already been said but where the hell is BoJo? IMO he should be giving a press update every day and keeping us informed as to what the strategy actually is. Trump was on last night and again today. Never thought I’d say something complimentary about Trump but at least he’s showing his face. I’m not aware of Boris being seen since Thurs?

Reactions: 36

Darlascott236

Anyone else feel 😐 when they see people on Facebook and Instagram away to theme parks, museums, soft plays and other huge public places? I’m gobsmacked the amount of people still going

• Wow

hrh89

VIP Member
Anyone else accidentally eating their back up food? 😂 should not have bought extra biscuits

• Haha

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I have just realised that the sky's around Manchester airport are kind of quiet today. God it must be horrible working at an airport at the moment
Both me and my husband work for an airline and I just feel this year I’m going to lose my parents, my job and our home.

• Sad

Jamhead

VIP Member
I’ll be honest my anxiety is sky high right now!

Not wanting to send my kids into school tbh, I don’t want visitors, I don’t want to go out, I don’t want my husband to go to work....I just want to lick the doors and hide 😩😩😩

It feels like we’re guinea pigs! Every other country is banning travel, shutting schools, etc and we are doing nothing.....
Make sure you disinfect them before you start licking 🙊🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 34

nbt

VIP Member
Anyone else accidentally eating their back up food? 😂 should not have bought extra biscuits
Yep. It’s like Christmas, except this time it’s “don’t eat that, that’s for coronavirus!” 😂

• Haha

Jane565

Chatty Member
ive held off saying this but im getting very fed up about ppl moaning about the possibility of not going on their holidays. Get a grip this is far more important than a holiday. perhaps if all travel had been stopped in the first case we wouldnt be in this mess. eg little jaunts to ski in italy then coming back here and passing it around.

• Heart
My partner generally travels abroad weekly. His office have now all been instructed to work from home for 6 weeks minimum.

Even if we survive the coronavirus, I’m not sure our marriage will.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Bostonx

VIP Member
On my Facebook a woman is having a utter meltdown as she can not buy any fussli pasta for her son. And when I say meltdown I really do mean it. Her son is going to starve as he won't eat any other pasta. She is begging for Fussli pasta from her friend.
What a utterly ridiculous women.
Food is food he will eat when he's hungry. I am so angry reading her post she needs to think about the bigger picture. People in the world are fucking starving and she has a meltdown as she can't get fussli pasta.
Sorry rant over.
I don't think she's silly. Do you know the backstory? Is her child on the spectrum? Its really common for kids with additional needs to point blank refuse to eat anything other than their preferred snack and can cause a sensory meltdown. Just because people are struggling doesn't invalidate hers.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

mummy2under2

VIP Member
On my Facebook a woman is having a utter meltdown as she can not buy any fussli pasta for her son. And when I say meltdown I really do mean it. Her son is going to starve as he won't eat any other pasta. She is begging for Fussli pasta from her friend.
What a utterly ridiculous women.
Food is food he will eat when he's hungry. I am so angry reading her post she needs to think about the bigger picture. People in the world are fucking starving and she has a meltdown as she can't get fussli pasta.
Sorry rant over.
My son is autistic and he will only eat rigatoni.
He HAS to have it with every meal otherwise he will not touch his other food.
It's not a tantrum, it's actually starving himself.
So I feel for her if she's in the same situation with a child with additional needs.
I have 10 bags in my cupboard ALWAYS. Virus or no virus.

Please think before knocking someone's concern if you don't know the full story.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I’m dropping this here for anyone who has kids at home. It’s a subscription service but
as far as I know they’re offering it for free during school closers, so when you let them out of the shed and they’ve finished all the hoarded snacks and threw up it might be handy! 😊

eg:
25FB5A08-F3F7-483E-B454-17B8EBDC4F99.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Richard Branson’s net worth is 4bn, yet he’s asking for 7.5bn from the govt to save the industry.

how about we concentrate on saving people first? Highlights how money really makes the world go round.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31