Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This absolutely infuriates me - I have a friend just back from Tenerife yesterday laughing on FB as if it’s nothing and sending her kid back on Monday to the same school as my child. I hope that common sense kicks in and school don’t allow it but I doubt it.

Also, a morbid question.

Anyone who has sadly passed away in hospital from this in the UK. Does anyone know if families have been allowed to say their goodbyes before or after at all?
From what I read the virus is still present in the body for awhile after death ,so Idk they would

You've just ruined Fraggle Rock 😭😂
It's the only place you can find a muppet with that hairstyle ;)

Reactions: 1
We bulk buy dry goods but that's because we shop at Costco for those things. We normally buy 2 packs of toilet rolls. One pack contains 5 nine packs so it's our normal to have this amount at any one time but today I've dropped 6 rolls, some uht milk, tea bags, coffee, some tinned bits and 5 portions of cottage pie and 5 plated Sunday dinners to a bloke who lives in the bungalow on our road who is elderly and quite ill and told him to call if he needs anything else. I do it for him when it snows too and know he doesn't have much and his wife died about 5 years ago now.
You are one of the angels in life. You brought a tear to my eye. Bless you ❤❤❤

Reactions: 8
Hmm there’s a few ladies at work who are 70/71 still working full time.... I guess if it comes from the government they would have to be off work?
wow I’m not looking forward to going back to work on Monday & dealing with all the questions 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh also I think the airports will be shut down very soon our chief warned us about that. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes! Staying up for an other 30 minutes, then plan is 4 hour nap then 14 hour work.. same again after that!

Good luck and take care of yourselves lads. And contact all your elderly neighbours if they need any assistance!

Reactions: 3
The more I read about this, the more I’m convinced it’s man made in order to cull the worlds population. It’s a scary world.

Reactions: 19
Hmm there’s a few ladies at work who are 70/71 still working full time.... I guess if it comes from the government they would have to be off work?
wow I’m not looking forward to going back to work on Monday & dealing with all the questions 😫
I know of around 10 nurses over 70 who retired within last 2 years that have come back to work fulltime to help! crazy but has to be done

Reactions: 8
The more I read about this, the more I’m convinced it’s man made in order to cull the worlds population. It’s a scary world.
It's a bit like the handmaids tale alright lol. I think its scary cause there is SO much misinformation ! People saying only the elderly are affected we have young people needing oxygen too!

Reactions: 5
Anyone else accidentally eating their back up food? 😂 should not have bought extra biscuits
Yep. It’s like Christmas, except this time it’s “don’t eat that, that’s for coronavirus!” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Yep. It’s like Christmas, except this time it’s “don’t eat that, that’s for coronavirus!” 😂
my dad went to the shops today and said he couldn't get a trolley and all the pringles where gone so yep christmas lol

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This time last week I wasn’t worried at all but honestly I’m so panicking and anxious now. It’s really scary and it’s pissing me off the people who aren’t taking it serious. I’m not usually one to get so upset by things like this but it’s really hit me. Anybody else the same?

I think I need time away from my phone/social media/the news. We are meant to be getting married at the end of May in southern Spain and selfishly I’m upset at the prospect it’s not going to happen. You never expect anything like this to happen. I feel like this isn’t even real.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I'm in Devon. 3 local schools, Baptist church, lions club, community hub and gp surgery have formed a commity to help vulnerable with food and medication. I think we'll be ok without help but it's great to know it's there if needed.
That's so good for people that need it.

Reactions: 1
This time last week I wasn’t worried at all but honestly I’m so panicking and anxious now. It’s really scary and it’s pissing me off the people who aren’t taking it serious. I’m not usually one to get so upset by things like this but it’s really hit me. Anybody else the same?

I think I need time away from my phone/social media/the news. We are meant to be getting married at the end of May in southern Spain and selfishly I’m upset at the prospect it’s not going to happen. You never expect anything like this to happen. I feel like this isn’t even real.
I'm sorry about your wedding :(
It's not selfish to be upset about it at all. Anyone would be x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Not sure if it was the 3 glasses of wine or what, but I had a nap and a crazy dream.

In my dream I was watching TV and there was a breaking news alert on BBC that Prince Philip had got the virus and he was critical. Boris was on the TV with a basin of water and soap explaining we must now wash our hands to London bridge is falling down and not happy birthday.

On Channel 4 Jon Snow was reporting that we need to stop buying toilet paper because it was interfering with the ozone layer and something about white giraffes that I cant remember, and he was like super freaking out on the screen.

I might need to lay off the news, or the wine, or probably both :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Some say that the vaccine is the true weapon. That this is why it is being blown up by the media and world governments, a lot of intervention for such a small death rate. Malaria kills a child every 30 SECONDS yet there isn't this hysteria. Some think that we are being made to feel scared so that we willingly take the vaccine. Almost beg for one. The vaccine will then cause infertility in some children when they are older as a way to reduce the population. I can't say that I would be surprised if it were true. In any case, I am not having the vaccine. No way and neither are my children.
^ Probably for the best if you're willing to believe that so quickly 😂 A vaccine - barring any major conspiracy, that is - likely won't be ready for mass production and distribution for about a year, give or take, with how much trials and testing will be needed to ensure there aren't side effects (like infertility).

The thing is that 1% may seem like a small death rate but that's still 70 MILLION people across the world, if not more. For context, Malaria is thought to kill around 400-500,000 people annually in recent years (because the death rate has lowered a lot since 2000 because there is a treatment).
I'm doing my best to keep myself realistically informed - comparing it to previous pandemics and such - but the truth is, part of the panic seems to be that this is new-ish territory so it is difficult to guess what will actually happen. But everything seems very much a guess at this point.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.