Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ This is making me panic I want to lock myself in the house with my kids and not send them school tomorrow.
I think from previous discussions we canā€™t be far from each other. I know exactly how you feel. I have to go work at school tomorrow, we donā€™t have any protection and itā€™s more than likely if it isnā€™t in school it will be soon.

just got to pray for the best that if we do get it, it will be super mild, and practise best hygiene possible šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 5
ive held off saying this but im getting very fed up about ppl moaning about the possibility of not going on their holidays. Get a grip this is far more important than a holiday. perhaps if all travel had been stopped in the first case we wouldnt be in this mess. eg little jaunts to ski in italy then coming back here and passing it around.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't suppose you know if banks will still be open do you? I know some people that still get paid by cheque.
Don't know for sure but banks could well be classed as an essential service, the staff are usually behind a glass partition anyway for security.

Reactions: 1
Is it def not true? The poster here was very adamant calling it "lies" but since you def can't take ibuprofen with chicken pox could it not be true?
Okay I have read some more about it now..German media call it untrue rumours and fake news... The Vienna General Hospital has also said it's not true (they are named as the source)... Apparently someone published a study 3 days ago and results might hint in the direction that ibuprofen might have some effects... But the study is based on very little data so definitely not enough to spread panic.... Also the French health minister can be wrong.. So I'd be really careful with these kind of statements. I wouldn't call it a lie anymore after having read some non-German articles... but just check your sources and don't believe everything you read.

Please donā€™t feel like that. He isnā€™t lowest of the low. Right now there are so many people, like your husband, literally holding the country together. We need the supermarkets and shops to keep going or we as a country gonna face riots and looting and disorder. We need the dustbin men, the postal workers too. So many others. Long as he takes care and does the hand washing he wonā€™t necessarily get it. What if that supermarket closes down ? Then he will have no job. People in essential jobs at least we know we arenā€™t at risk of redundancy whereas there are so many at risk. We all have a part to play in helping others. Should be proud.
I work facing patients everyday and have a husband with health condition.
There are so many of us that can't just lockdown.
I'm glad to be doing my bit but the thought i'm putting hubby at extra risk is worrying.
It will be interesting tomorrow at work as the plans are put in place to cancel lots of non urgent appts etc will be in place.

Reactions: 6
I havenā€™t worried at all about this until now. But Iā€™m halfway through my first pregnancy and Iā€™ve woken up this morning panicking I wonā€™t be able to buy everything I need for my baby arriving in the summer. We have ordered a pram but when we were in the baby shops yesterday they were telling us theyā€™ve had to cancel peopleā€™s orders on nursery furniture as it canā€™t be delivered to us in the UK. My husband is reassuring me we will have everything to keep her alive and well but I donā€™t know if Iā€™m being dramatic for being devastated that my first born wonā€™t have many things ready for her being born. šŸ˜­ especially if it comes to lockdown and itā€™s only supermarkets that are open..

Reactions: 3
Slightly concerned at Matt Hancock saying the over 70ā€™s will be in self isolation for months. My husbands grandad lives 200 miles away by himself. We have family down there who could help but they have elderly parents to look after themselves.
This is all so difficult to navigate, weā€™ve spoken to my husbands aunt who lives approx 400 miles from her dad but sheā€™s not overly concerned and wants to ā€˜see how it plays outā€™ šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 3
I have read online (might have even been on an earlier thread here) that the reason there is a concentration in Northern Italy is to do with leather/textiles factories having been sold recently to Chinese based owners, which have then been populated by workers shipped over from Wuhan, can't find anything else to back this up though but does sound plausable given the Italian hot spot.

Reactions: 4
I havenā€™t worried at all about this until now. But Iā€™m halfway through my first pregnancy and Iā€™ve woken up this morning panicking I wonā€™t be able to buy everything I need for my baby arriving in the summer. We have ordered a pram but when we were in the baby shops yesterday they were telling us theyā€™ve had to cancel peopleā€™s orders on nursery furniture as it canā€™t be delivered to us in the UK. My husband is reassuring me we will have everything to keep her alive and well but I donā€™t know if Iā€™m being dramatic for being devastated that my first born wonā€™t have many things ready for her being born. šŸ˜­ especially if it comes to lockdown and itā€™s only supermarkets that are open..
Your husband is right youā€™ll have everything you need to keep her well. No itā€™s not how you planned it but as long as sheā€™s healthy ultimately thatā€™s all that matters. I totally understand as Iā€™m expecting my 3rd but we hadnā€™t kept any of our things so weā€™ve had to start from scratch again and Iā€™ve bought some things the last couple of weeks that I wanted to wait and see if I needed but decided to just get them. I think this will probably teach us we donā€™t need as much stuff as we think we do. It will be ok and hopefully by the summer things will have calmed a bit x

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Yet our prime minister is happy to let this thing have free range.
My Dad has been told by his gp to go on lockdown now to protect himself. He is in his 60's with lung problems, my healthy mum is having to lockdown with him.
A woman at my children's school was also told by the Gp to go on lockdown and remove her children from the school due her severe asthma.
But the government are advising to "keep calm and carry on".

Please try not to worry. Newborns donā€™t need an awful lot so perhaps make a list of what you need in importance and then you can work it out that way so youā€™ve got the most

• Heart
Iā€™m luckily on maternity leave atm but my husband is a store manager at a supermarket and Iā€™m so scared heā€™s going to catch the virus, bring it home to me and the baby. The supermarket he works for has given no safety measures. I understand weā€™ve all got to get our food but how is it fair that people in supermarkets have to work and be at risk of catching it and spreading it to their families. Sometimes I feel like weā€™re the lowest of the low so it doesnā€™t matter about us.
He can choose to self isolate, why doesn't he?

Do you know what, Government instructions are so woolly, and there are so many different personal circumstances, you just have to take your own decisions that think are best for you. No judgement from me, these are unprecedented times in living memory.

Reactions: 9
I have a holiday booked in August and we will still go unless they tell us not to. What else can you do really, you canā€™t just shut yourself inside indefinitely.
Weā€™re due to fly to Cyprus for our wedding 30/8 - I know itā€™s ages and so much will change in that time but canā€™t help but feel this will all have such a massive knock on impact. Countries that rely on tourism wonā€™t just ā€˜bounce backā€™

Reactions: 4
As current figures stand there is 16.8 people with corona for every 1million people in the UK.

There is around 67,886,011 people in the UK so the virus here is still very low.

I'm worried, I go through stages of rational and then irrational but I also don't think access to world wide news is always good as it adds to our own panic and its hard to seperate or quantify cases by country.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.