Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KateESJ

VIP Member
I was only thinking earlier that if Prince Philip got it he'd probably be fine as he appears to be immortal. I don't know how that man is still going but I want whatever they're feeding him.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

muncher

Yes it is.

I still go to work.
My kids go to school.
We go out for dinner.
We go out for 'family' time.
We are still going on holiday (UK).

Unless all these places are officially closed, then I will still be doing them.

No change in my life. Haven't panic bought loo rolls, soap, pasta, anything.

If we get it the virus we get it, if we die we die. At least we have enjoyed life whilst other people shit themselves.

I have family with Asthma and lung disease. We are all in agreement to continue as normal.
Are you a troll or insane? You wont be doing those things in the near future and you really should plan for what is happening but not panic. You will not be going on holiday!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

PoleStar

Chatty Member
To anyone wondering why they don't personally know anyone with this virus, and even saying it's a conspiracy theory, think of the numbers! We have 66.44 million people in the UK and only 820 confirmed coronavirus cases. That means
0.0000123419% of the population are known to have it. That number is infinitesimally small. Even allowing for some people having the virus without knowing it, the number will still be infinitesimally small so it's no wonder nobody really directly knows someone who has been diagnosed with. No conspiracy, just numbers.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
You never know how long you will live, spend 2 weeks isolating and who's to say you won't trip down the stairs and break your neck?

Life is full of dangers no matter where you are. So why shouldn't I continue life as normal.
But you wouldn’t walk down the stairs in roller skates would you? No - because you naturally Look for ways to minimise risk during your day to day activities... you should Therefore use the same logic in regards to the virus.

Reactions: 28

RachyWoo

VIP Member
an extra 350 million for the NHS and to keep those pesky immigrants out, yay for Brexit.

*I did not vote for them and I voted to stay. None of it seems important now, but the NHS, which is now the lifeline of the country, has been cut to the bone by Tory austerity, is it any wonder their battle plan is to 'flatten the curve'.
I didn't vote for them either or for Brexit. The day I vote for the Tories is the day my ballot paper has been stolen 😂 Vile party!!

• Haha

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I’m dropping this here for anyone who has kids at home.
As far as I know they’re offering it for free during school closers so when you let them out of the shed and they’ve finished all the hoarded snacks and threw up it might be handy! 😊

I’ve just put £80 worth of crafts in my basket from the works 😂 I literally cannot have a newborn and two bored kids for weeks on end! I’ll be back on the wine before I know it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

antisocialmedia

VIP Member
We bulk buy dry goods but that's because we shop at Costco for those things. We normally buy 2 packs of toilet rolls. One pack contains 5 nine packs so it's our normal to have this amount at any one time but today I've dropped 6 rolls, some uht milk, tea bags, coffee, some tinned bits and 5 portions of cottage pie and 5 plated Sunday dinners to a bloke who lives in the bungalow on our road who is elderly and quite ill and told him to call if he needs anything else. I do it for him when it snows too and know he doesn't have much and his wife died about 5 years ago now.
You are such a kind, caring person! Bless you.

And people say we are heartless trolls on Tattle 🙄

• Heart
My partner's brother returned from Spain today.
Just strolled back in. No test, not told to quarantine himself, NOTHING. Nobody was. And people wonder why I'm questioning the entire thing.

• Wow
Reactions: 27

Youbelter!

As someone who is chronically ill I feel failed by our government. I understand the need for herd immunity but it’s going to be at the expense of people like myself and the elderly. I feel like we are not being protected. Feels like we are bait and being used to protect the whole country. I know it needs to be done in order for the virus not to inevitably come back even if we self isolated but it is at our expense.

• Sad
I thought we had stooped to our lowest when i discovered a local independent chemist has started charging £10 for a bottle of £1.50 hand sanitizer (YES I KNOW SOAP AND WATER IS FINE) and then this appeared on car windscreens near a recreation ground where kids play (yes it has been reported to the police)
91EE8894-7CF5-4F8B-BF65-F65E17F12CA9.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry

ANNA69

Hi, my name is Anna and I live in northern Italy. I'm a lurker on this forum, my English is not so good but I feel compelled to write to you now.

I'm reading your messages and, I know it's difficult to live in fear, and it seems our brain needs time to realize whats happening but, my humble advise is: the sooner you take action, the better.

Here in Italy, at the beginning of this pandemia, people underestimated the danger.

The media said that it was just a flu. But it's not like that, a huge number of people are dying. I personally spoke with some doctors that work in the most modern hospitals, and they don't sleep at night and cry for what they see. Even children are intubated in intensive care now and there is no place for any more patients. Doctors pray to stay at home in order not to spread the virus.

Here in Italy medicine is very advanced and the best virologists say that herd immunity is not so likely to work with coronavirus, for many reasons. This is a very unknown virus. What we know is that it spreads easily and fast. Virologists don't know if you gain immunity once you are healed. For what they know, you can get it twice and not be immune. Furthermore there is no vaccine and no cure. In some hospitals here, they are experimenting a medication for arthritis which seems to work, but it's all very new. That's why the choice of letting the virus spread is considered absurd and criminal. I have absolutely nothing against Boris Johnson. Maybe you had cuts in public health in recent years? This is the only explanation I can think of, to justify Johnson's choice. Because this virus surely put in knee public health.

People tend to deny what's happening because it's not easy to change your life, as we are doing.
In Italy we had to stop all activities, stay at home and keep at least one meter of distance between each other, disinfect everything, wearing masks and plastic gloves if we need to go out. That's what virologists asked to do for our community.

Please be careful. Better be safe than sorry.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Ding

VIP Member
Right, I'm off! Going to try to not look back on here for a while (not been rude, but im nearly making myself sick with worry tonight) partner has fallen asleep n im up on my own which isnt helping 😂
Just turned off notifications for bbc news and am just going to continue washing my hands and anti baccing everything 😂
Stay well everyone ❤

Reactions: 26

Guyyyyyzzzzzz

VIP Member
I honestly believe it’s man made kill off a few people save money etc etc.

An now their like oh shit this has worked too well. Suppose it’ll be ok we’ll just go out and tell them your gonna lose a few loved ones back to business on Monday.

Bunch of fucks.

Reactions: 25

Doc

VIP Member
Biggest mistakes of this mess so far:

“It’s just the flu” - not many people knew what a coronavirus was in the first place, then suddenly every man and his dog became fucking expert in virology two days later because of poor official communication of how severe it could become.

“it only affects the elderly and those with health problems” - absolutely it looks like they have more chance of a bad outcome, but it can turn nasty for young people too.

“self isolation” - people are so bloody confused with the mixed messages going about they need clearer decisive action from Government rather than trying to decide if they’re sick and should socially distance themselves.

“many loved ones will die” - fuck you, Boris

- No daily PM update. he’s just the figurehead puppet in all this; he absolutely has time to hold a five minute daily briefing to the nation to control behaviour in the way they want to manage this ridiculous, risky plan.

Reactions: 24

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Yes it is.

I still go to work.
My kids go to school.
We go out for dinner.
We go out for 'family' time.
We are still going on holiday (UK).

Unless all these places are officially closed, then I will still be doing them.

No change in my life. Haven't panic bought loo rolls, soap, pasta, anything.

If we get it the virus we get it, if we die we die. At least we have enjoyed life whilst other people shit themselves.

I have family with Asthma and lung disease. We are all in agreement to continue as normal.
“If we die we die”?

Wow. How anyone, especially someone with a family, can have that mentality, I’ll never know.

Just hope they don’t read this. Knowing that their mother is so blasé about them living or dying....

Reactions: 24

KateESJ

VIP Member
Someone on my local FB page is suggesting a community get-together to get people's spirits up.

And everyone is agreeing to it???? JFC.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
I’m luckily on maternity leave atm but my husband is a store manager at a supermarket and I’m so scared he’s going to catch the virus, bring it home to me and the baby. The supermarket he works for has given no safety measures. I understand we’ve all got to get our food but how is it fair that people in supermarkets have to work and be at risk of catching it and spreading it to their families. Sometimes I feel like we’re the lowest of the low so it doesn’t matter about us.
Please don’t feel like that. He isn’t lowest of the low. Right now there are so many people, like your husband, literally holding the country together. We need the supermarkets and shops to keep going or we as a country gonna face riots and looting and disorder. We need the dustbin men, the postal workers too. So many others. Long as he takes care and does the hand washing he won’t necessarily get it. What if that supermarket closes down ? Then he will have no job. People in essential jobs at least we know we aren’t at risk of redundancy whereas there are so many at risk. We all have a part to play in helping others. Should be proud.

• Heart

Bostonx

VIP Member
Yes she is being stupid ffs fussli pasta for a fussy child. That child could eat something else. Hey should I beg for oxygen my father as it's something he needs every night.
Some people need to get priority's right.
Being on the spectrum wouldn't be classes as being fussy. Again don't invalidate someone else's struggles just because you don't understand it. But hey if we go into self isolation maybe you could educate yourself ☺

• Heart