Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as I know, a snotty nose isn't a symptom but a common cold for which the advice is isolate for 7 days as opposed to 14

I wonder why when the London marathon has been postponed till October?
They have a post up on facebook explaining. Apparently it was all set up, people had already travelled, when they cancelled in 2018 they found hundreds of people still ran and they would rather people ran with support from the organisers.
Also they dont use the police or ambulance service, they have their own private teams to help. Although if anything happened to someone you can sure as hell bet they would end up getting treatment from an nhs hospital!

If you’re posting this on twitter, get in the bin....
a thread of...just me.

It’s just the flu/why don’t people act like this over xxx/its no different to xxx which kills hundreds”
BIN
“I wonder how many babies will be born in 9 months time“
BIN
why are people stockpiling, toilet roll doesn’t protect you”
BIN
anything at all about “boomers”
BIN
Photos of supermarket shelves.
BIN
the “it’s corona time” song.
BIN

people getting offended about reports that the vulnerable or elder are most at risk, that is a fact, it’s not said in a ”at least it’s just them not me” way, and if it is said in that way by someone you follow.....BIN.
Sick to death of 'its just like the flu' or this one 'more people die of suicide' FFS

Reactions: 17
Im wondering the same. I think we stopped flights from China quite early on but flights from italy were still entering the UK at the end of Feb. The sky scanner app that shows planes shows there are still hundreds of planes flying right now.

I'm 20 mins from a busy airport in the UK and its as busy as normal here in the sky.
I have just realised that the sky's around Manchester airport are kind of quiet today. God it must be horrible working at an airport at the moment

Reactions: 4
As far as I know, a snotty nose isn't a symptom but a common cold for which the advice is isolate for 7 days as opposed to 14

I wonder why when the London marathon has been postponed till October?
Brighton one too! My brother was supposed to run.

Reactions: 1
I know I makes me sad for people who can’t get what they really need. I never bulk buy so only buy a 6 pack of toilet roll as needed but I’ve had to buy a few extra as I know the chances of getting them when they run out, we will be stuck, but that’s why it’s got so bad in The first place everyone buying extra because of the fools going over the top, it’s a vicious cycle.
We bulk buy dry goods but that's because we shop at Costco for those things. We normally buy 2 packs of toilet rolls. One pack contains 5 nine packs so it's our normal to have this amount at any one time but today I've dropped 6 rolls, some uht milk, tea bags, coffee, some tinned bits and 5 portions of cottage pie and 5 plated Sunday dinners to a bloke who lives in the bungalow on our road who is elderly and quite ill and told him to call if he needs anything else. I do it for him when it snows too and know he doesn't have much and his wife died about 5 years ago now.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
We bulk buy dry goods but that's because we shop at Costco for those things. We normally buy 2 packs of toilet rolls. One pack contains 5 nine packs so it's our normal to have this amount at any one time but today I've dropped 6 rolls, some uht milk, tea bags, coffee, some tinned bits and 5 portions of cottage pie and 5 plated Sunday dinners to a bloke who lives in the bungalow on our road who is elderly and quite ill and told him to call if he needs anything else. I do it for him when it snows too and know he doesn't have much and his wife died about 5 years ago now.
You are such a kind, caring person! Bless you.

And people say we are heartless trolls on Tattle 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm so anxious I started watching morman doomsday preppers on you tube.

Lots videos from USA you tubers showing empty supermarkets and huge queues.
Seen lots on facebook about the nearest big asda totally empty.
I dident go out stockpiling but I still worry did I do enough?

Reactions: 1
Watching another department of health briefing and....
I really need to stop watching 😕
it just seems to be getting worse and worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We can never normally manage to get a Chinese deliver to us as we are in the middle of nowhere. Now one has let us order. They are about 15 minutes drive away. It’s bad though as it must mean that nobody is buying from them. It’s hardly their fault and they really must be struggling at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
we are NOT going there 🤣🤣🤣
We have toilet rolls to argue about, let’s not bring this argument into the mix 🤪

Remember that one time, when you came to tattle for mindless gossip, coz same 😂🤣😂🤣
My grandparents and great grandparents parents are from Ireland. What I stated was the truth.

• Haha
  • Angry
You are such a kind, caring person! Bless you.

And people say we are heartless trolls on Tattle 🙄
Honestly it kills me to see him. Since he's wife died he's gone down hill. Slowly but you can see the decline.

I'm lucky to have three really good neighbours on my street and times like this is when it means more than anything to have people watching out for you and you for them.

Maybe this will bring back community spirit everywhere

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My grandparents and great grandparents parents are from Ireland. What I stated was the truth.
everyone’s great, great granny is Irish, it’s nearly paddy’s day 🤪

🙄 I honestly don’t know what to reply to this. So il leave it at “wtf”
and we can both agree it’s totally off topic and move on 👍

• Heart
  • Haha
I’ve done an order for click and collect and most things are out of stock. All the cleaning products are out of stock. Tins and all the toilet roll. I know it’s bad but people need to chill out and save some for the rest of us!!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
We are due to fly to Cape Verde in a week, I really don’t want to go and get stuck out there if the worst does happen 😭 it’s so scary

• Sad
Reactions: 2
This might sound daft but how do people know they’ve actually got the virus? If the advice is to self isolate then how do people actually get tested?

Thanks to the ones that replied about me asking about the pneumonia vaccine. I was quite a few pages behind and hadnt seen that it had already been discussed.

This might sound daft but how do people know they’ve actually got the virus? If the advice is to self isolate then how do people actually get tested?
They won’t know. People won’t be tested unless they have to go to hospital .. it’s all a guessing game from here!

Reactions: 3
Ireland including ni possibly shutting schools for 16 weeks.
Makes UK stance so confusing.

Between Cheltenham races and Bath half plus bristol uni I expect South West be badly hit by virus over future weeks.
I live in the Birmingham area and loads of people I know went to Cheltenham as well. Some with very strong colds despite Cheltenham asking them not to come...

Can anyone help please. My sister has come down with some symptoms. She has self isolated just incase but do her children and husband have to self isolate as well? X

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.