Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mines early 50s ☹ its not his age as such that im worried about, its with him been a heavy smoker and has been all his life ☹
It’s such a worrying time and although we are young (ish) it’s still hard because of the people we love 😢and he’s in and out of people’s houses all the time for work!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
If it's man made, would they not also have a vaccine? or at least have a very good idea how to create one?

Reactions: 5
Anyone else accidentally eating their back up food? 😂 should not have bought extra biscuits

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Right, I'm off! Going to try to not look back on here for a while (not been rude, but im nearly making myself sick with worry tonight) partner has fallen asleep n im up on my own which isnt helping 😂
Just turned off notifications for bbc news and am just going to continue washing my hands and anti baccing everything 😂
Stay well everyone ❤

Reactions: 26
I know people saying about the schools- but I personally can’t wait for us to not have to throw them in the germ pools! I’m a single parent and work and It’s going to get a million times worse than this so if ssp is enough to feed you to survive nothing else should matter, during this crisis!!! Landlords will have to wait- people’s life’s are much more important- if people don’t make sacrifices we are going to lose far to many!! I’m considering not sending them in if things get much worse (unauthorised absence what for the year that children couldn’t attend school)

Reactions: 15
I just don’t see how they can tell over 70s to stay in for four months. What about those without friends or relatives? It’s ludicrous. Put us all on lock down now for a month.

Reactions: 15
If it's man made, would they not also have a vaccine? or at least have a very good idea how to create one?
Wouldn't be surprised if they already have one and are not yet ready to release it until the death toll is higher.

Give a few million healthy people a dummy jab and the vulnerable a slow killing jab and tell everyone its the same so that can finish the job off.

*adjusts tin foil hat*

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Some say that the vaccine is the true weapon. That this is why it is being blown up by the media and world governments, a lot of intervention for such a small death rate. Malaria kills a child every 30 SECONDS yet there isn't this hysteria. Some think that we are being made to feel scared so that we willingly take the vaccine. Almost beg for one. The vaccine will then cause infertility in some children when they are older as a way to reduce the population. I can't say that I would be surprised if it were true. In any case, I am not having the vaccine. No way and neither are my children.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Some say that the vaccine is the true weapon. That this is why it is being blown up by the media and world governments, a lot of intervention for such a small death rate. Malaria kills a child every 30 SECONDS yet there isn't this hysteria. Some think that we are being made to feel scared so that we willingly take the vaccine. Almost beg for one. The vaccine will then cause infertility in some children when they are older as a way to reduce the population. I can't say that I would be surprised if it were true. In any case, I am not having the vaccine. No way and neither are my children.

Where have you seen/read this?

While we're all worried sick that damn muppets livin it up in the bahamas f##k you boris !
20121485_1896962536987186_7372182637753764160_o.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My husband will be working directly with someone who will have returned from a week long jolly in France on Monday.
She doesn't need to quarantine, her children will be going straight back into their primary/secondary schools too. It's ridiculous.
This absolutely infuriates me - I have a friend just back from Tenerife yesterday laughing on FB as if it’s nothing and sending her kid back on Monday to the same school as my child. I hope that common sense kicks in and school don’t allow it but I doubt it.

Also, a morbid question.

Anyone who has sadly passed away in hospital from this in the UK. Does anyone know if families have been allowed to say their goodbyes before or after at all?

Reactions: 3
Everything seems so crazy and surreal atm the conspiracy theories seem rational! Only twice before has the world felt nuts like this in my lifetime. 9/11 and when Princess Diana was killed.

Reactions: 19
This absolutely infuriates me - I have a friend just back from Tenerife yesterday laughing on FB as if it’s nothing and sending her kid back on Monday to the same school as my child. I hope that common sense kicks in and school don’t allow it but I doubt it.

Also, a morbid question.

Anyone who has sadly passed away in hospital from this in the UK. Does anyone know if families have been allowed to say their goodbyes before or after at all?
As far as I'm aware, nobody actually knows anyone with it in real life 🧐 so nobody can answer that question...

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Lots of fun conspiracy theories flying around tonight but in all reality the reduction in population would not be worth the price the world will have to pay.

I would imagine it is almost inevitable that the world will go into recession by the time this is over and the longer it takes to get this virus under control the worse it will be. Millions will be unemployed around the world (remember the virus is killing people past retirement age so no jobs being freed up - sorry, I know that sounds harsh) which will lead to increased poverty, increased crime, poor health etc etc.

Here in the UK I think it is possible the death of the high street will be accelerated if a likely lock down goes on too long as retailers and coffee houses go out of business.

In a lot of ways our government will face a much harder challenge than their current one - how to get our country working again as quickly as possible.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.