Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shall we skip the rest of 2020 and jump ahead to 2021?! I'm done with this year. Who's with me?!
Yup! Remember when everyone was glad to see the back of 2019 and was saying "come forth, Roaring 20's, the era for change blah blah blah"? Yeahhhh. Also though, how are we in mid March already?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Im worried about shops closing. Like what if I can't top up my gas and electric. Don't have a smart meter can't do it online.
In case of quarantine you will be able to do all these things. We are going to it on monday, food shops, pharmacies, gas stations, veterinarian pharmacies and shops, post offices will be open, maybe with different working hours.

Reactions: 2
Yup! Remember when everyone was glad to see the back of 201o and was saying "come forth, Roaring 20's, the era for change blah blah blah"? Yeahhhh. Also though, how are we in mid March already?!
Yes 😂 It's gone really quick, and I hope the rest of it goes quickly too.

Reactions: 1
Former NHS chairman on lbc was calling the situation with ventilators unforgivable and the government are very unprepared. Apparently the UK makes very little. The Us, Germany and New Zealand makes most of the worlds supply and they are being kept for the US, Europe and Asia.

We've know for a long time that respirators are vital but really seems like the NHS is unprepared. The chairman said the one thing the government can do now is to pass a new law to ignore international patients in order to ramp up production. Let's hope that's done soon.

Reactions: 8
Not sure if it was the 3 glasses of wine or what, but I had a nap and a crazy dream.

In my dream I was watching TV and there was a breaking news alert on BBC that Prince Philip had got the virus and he was critical. Boris was on the TV with a basin of water and soap explaining we must now wash our hands to London bridge is falling down and not happy birthday.

On Channel 4 Jon Snow was reporting that we need to stop buying toilet paper because it was interfering with the ozone layer and something about white giraffes that I cant remember, and he was like super freaking out on the screen.

I might need to lay off the news, or the wine, or probably both :)
I had a dream the queen and Prince Phillip died from coronavirus and we had to public view them as a day in mourning (like they did for the Queen mum they had her for public view)

Well everybody caught royal coronavirus 🤭🤔😷🤒🤧🤨

I’m spending far too long on this forum.

Long live the queen 👸🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I just informed my nan of this. Although she's over 70 she still works full time (by her own choice!) she told me to get lost, she isnt staying in as she wont get paid 😂
My MIL is 75 and works several nights a month in the care home she's worked in for 40 odd years, you can bet your life she will try to carry on as normal!

Reactions: 5
My husband is a bloody plumber , in peoples houses everyday sometimes multiple ones a day. He then has meetings twice a week about new bathrooms clients are wanted fitted. It makes me anxious because is around people all the time and in their houses 😬
A plumber? lol.

Surely that's a job with a very minimum amount of human contact. Think about those in retail, public services & those reliant on public transport.

I don't think you've anything to worry about, hun.

Reactions: 8
Richard Branson’s net worth is 4bn, yet he’s asking for 7.5bn from the govt to save the industry.

how about we concentrate on saving people first? Highlights how money really makes the world go round.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
To the poster asking about Boris' herd immunity strategy, go on Twitter and see the trending #boristhebutcher and #ukcoronavirus comments and you'll see how dangerous this approach is.
The heard immunity approach needs 60% of the population to get infected and that could lead to 1 million people dying. Then it might not even work to give people immunity. It's a 100 year old strategy not something suitable for today, according to some virologists.

Reactions: 15
Is it def not true? The poster here was very adamant calling it "lies" but since you def can't take ibuprofen with chicken pox could it not be true?
Stop talking about chicken pox like they're comparable 😂

• Haha
I wasnt having a go at you it's the freepress I'm mad at they have headlines saying basically its confirmed when it was a teacher who had gone on training and may have it or may not,we wont know until a positive test happens.It probably is in my area but until it's a confirmed case I'm trying not to panic as I'll worry myself sick 😕
The Free Press is very unreliable as far as printing the truth goes

• Heart
I have a holiday booked in August and we will still go unless they tell us not to. What else can you do really, you can’t just shut yourself inside indefinitely.
I've got another one at the end of September and I'm still intending to go. I'm praying things improve shortly

Is it def not true? The poster here was very adamant calling it "lies" but since you def can't take ibuprofen with chicken pox could it not be true?
No idea, I got shot down by MIL for saying he’d said it when there’s nothing on the NHS about it. I’d potentially avoid it if the situation arises to be on the safe side but that’s just my choice. IMO it’s not just like this is from Tom down the road. Think it’s all from what they’ve observed from patients not necessarily trials but nobody has really had time to do trials have they? It’s all so uncertain.

Yes, I was wrong - I thought I had read confirmed. I do know it’s true that Moorends closed for the reasons stated though.

I wrote Doncaster/East Yorkshire because the regions share a border, Doncaster postcodes go into EY. not to imply that Doncaster was IN East Yorkshire.

I stand by the point I was making all that aside that it’s circulating in areas where it’s not officially confirmed though. If you want to believe it’s not there that’s fine 🤷‍♀️
As far as I'm aware there are no cases of it in the Doncaster area

I had a dream the queen and Prince Phillip died from coronavirus and we had to public view them as a day in mourning (like they did for the Queen mum they had her for public view)

Well everybody caught royal coronavirus 🤭🤔😷🤒🤧🤨

I’m spending far too long on this forum.

Long live the queen 👸🏼
I heard rumours Prince Philip had died and it hasn’t been announced!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I know two people with coronavirus. One (heathy, in his early 30s) initially thought it was a bad cold and is now on a ventilator.
The other has a milder case and is at home bed bound.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.