Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else absolutely terrified of the prospect of a total lockdown and not getting paid? I have no idea what I'll do. I dont know if my boss will pay us anything if we all have to stop working, I cant see it to be honest.

Reactions: 16
Piers Morgan has just tweeted this:

BREAKING: 14 more deaths in UK from #Coronavirus - a 66% increase on yesterday.

It's no wonder people are concerned and some are panicking when prominent media people put idiotic and irresponsible statements like this on social media. He is pushing an agenda that the government has it all wrong (cant help wondering if there is some level of spite in this because the government wont send MP's onto GMB) and so chooses to present the number in the most alarmist way and ignoring any of the context.

Reactions: 2
Anyone else absolutely terrified of the prospect of a total lockdown and not getting paid? I have no idea what I'll do. I dont know if my boss will pay us anything if we all have to stop working, I cant see it to be honest.
It’s more the knock on effects that are worrying me too such as no work etc.

Reactions: 8
I’m more worried about this than catching the actual virus 🤦‍♀️

I’m in a student house with 7 other people and we genuinely needed hand soap, so I took one for the team and went out looking. Never felt so judged going to *self service* when I finally found one.

Reactions: 3
I’m in a student house with 7 other people and we genuinely needed hand soap, so I took one for the team and went out looking. Never felt so judged going to *self service* when I finally found one.
My neighbour needed some and there was none I went for antibacterial fairy liquid instead 🤷🏻‍♀️

Same! Had a headache this morning, went to the local co-op to get some paracetamol and some other stuff for lunch and I felt SO AWKWARD. There were only three packets left on the shelf and I almost just decided to suffer through.

On my Facebook a woman is having a utter meltdown as she can not buy any fussli pasta for her son. And when I say meltdown I really do mean it. Her son is going to starve as he won't eat any other pasta. She is begging for Fussli pasta from her friend.
What a utterly ridiculous women.
Food is food he will eat when he's hungry. I am so angry reading her post she needs to think about the bigger picture. People in the world are bleeping starving and she has a meltdown as she can't get fussli pasta.
Sorry rant over.

What’s funny is I’m a home person, it’s who I am, I like to be tucked up in my home. But now the idea that I will have to stay in my home seems atrocious ri me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
On my Facebook a woman is having a utter meltdown as she can not buy any fussli pasta for her son. And when I say meltdown I really do mean it. Her son is going to starve as he won't eat any other pasta. She is begging for Fussli pasta from her friend.
Food is food he will eat when he's hungry. I am so angry reading her post she needs to think about the bigger picture. People in the world are bleeping starving and she has a meltdown as she can't get fussli pasta.
Sorry rant over.
I don't think she's silly. Do you know the backstory? Is her child on the spectrum? Its really common for kids with additional needs to point blank refuse to eat anything other than their preferred snack and can cause a sensory meltdown. Just because people are struggling doesn't invalidate hers.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Sorry rant over.
My son is autistic and he will only eat rigatoni.
He HAS to have it with every meal otherwise he will not touch his other food.
It's not a tantrum, it's actually starving himself.
So I feel for her if she's in the same situation with a child with additional needs.
I have 10 bags in my cupboard ALWAYS. Virus or no virus.

Please think before knocking someone's concern if you don't know the full story.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It’s my daughters birthday tomorrow and we decided to stick with the long planned trip to oxford. It was still
Quite busy and we saw quite a few Chinese/Asian people wearing surgical masks. The ones that we’ve been told are no good.

she was so disappointed though because one of the main reasons for going is that it’s our closest urban outfitters and it’s closed. All stores are closed until at least the end of March.

as an aside I’ve also been trying to buy sanitary products as I’m on my period and I can’t get any. I’ve tried stores in my home town and I tried boots Superdrug and Sainsbury’s in oxford today. I have enough in various handbags to see me through until tomorrow lunch time ish but what then? And then next week my daughter is due on.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
It’s my daughters birthday tomorrow and we decided to stick with the long planned trip to oxford. It was still
Quite busy and we saw quite a few Chinese/Asian people wearing surgical masks. The ones that we’ve been told are no good.

she was so disappointed though because one of the main reasons for going is that it’s our closest urban outfitters and it’s closed. All stores are closed until at least the end of March.

as an aside I’ve also been trying to buy sanitary products as I’m on my period and I can’t get any. I’ve tried stores in my home town and I tried boots Superdrug and Sainsbury’s in oxford today. I have enough in various handbags to see me through until tomorrow lunch time ish but what then? And then next week my daughter is due on.
Ask friends or a local FB page. I asked a group of friends if anyone could spare a hand sanitiser for my husband who is vulnerable and although working from home needs to go into the office on Monday. I would happily give away something I have plenty of to a friend in need x

Reactions: 1
I don't think she's silly. Do you know the backstory? Is her child on the spectrum? Its really common for kids with additional needs to point blank refuse to eat anything other than their preferred snack and can cause a sensory meltdown. Just because people are struggling doesn't invalidate hers.
Yes she is being stupid ffs fussli pasta for a fussy child. That child could eat something else. Hey should I beg for oxygen my father as it's something he needs every night.
Some people need to get priority's right.

• Angry
Woah. Plenty in my local supermarkets yesterday, got a couple myself. If you have no more luck am happy to pick up some and send to you when am out tomorrow!

Reactions: 4
Yes she is being stupid ffs fussli pasta for a fussy child. That child could eat something else. Hey should I beg for oxygen my father as it's something he needs every night.
Being on the spectrum wouldn't be classes as being fussy. Again don't invalidate someone else's struggles just because you don't understand it. But hey if we go into self isolation maybe you could educate yourself ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The child could be on the autism spectrum

Reactions: 6

Have you tried any smaller shops, or even petrol stations?

It might sound icky but have you thought of trying a mooncup? I bought one months ago as a back up measure. They’re re-usable, eco-friendly and no more uncomfortable than a tampon. I was surprised at how easy they are to get on with.

My son is autistic and he will only eat rigatoni.
He HAS to have it with every meal otherwise he will not touch his other food.
It's not a tantrum, it's actually starving himself.
So I feel for her if she's in the same situation with a child with additional needs.
I have 10 bags in my cupboard ALWAYS. Virus or no virus.

Please think before knocking someone's concern if you don't know the full story.

This women's child has no medical issues. It's called spoilt brat syndrome

Before you reply just take a moment to think what people with elderly parents are going through.

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.