Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live in Spain and we are just about to go in to lockdown. Flights have been cancelled this morning, shops have nothing in them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I really worry for those children who suffer abuse and school is the only sense of routine for them. For those for whom their free school meal is their only meal of the day and domestic violence cases in a lock down. It’s those people on our streets we need to be looking out for as well as elderly and more vulnerable

• Sad
Reactions: 56
I absolutely hate this. Been avoiding reading about it all morning but the news of more deaths and the big jump in cases has just come through to my phone. This really is a nightmare. I'm so scared and its only going to get worse before it gets any better

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I really worry for those children who suffer abuse and school is the only sense of routine for them. For those for whom their free school meal is their only meal of the day and domestic violence cases in a lock down. It’s those people on our streets we need to be looking out for as well as elderly and more vulnerable
Iv seen some schools have measures in place so the kids still get a meal and contact with the family is made daily

Reactions: 9
Hope this makes sense as there is so much different information I don't know anymore🤯

They say elderly and at risk groups are more likely to suffer complications. I have also seen that children and slightly more resilient to it, but what about children with underlying conditions does this mean they fall into a high risk category.

Sorry for probably sounding daft I just have no clue anymore and want to do the best to protect my little boy.

Reactions: 4
This 👏🏻 Kids with special needs also struggle with change. I really think kids need to keep going to school. Even if they are just kept occupied I think it would be the best plan, personally. It would also allow parents to work from home or go into work if needed (nurses etc).

Reactions: 3
I hadn’t even though of this. I hate the thought of this happening as it is, but the thought Of children not being able to escape it and have some form of normality and like you say a nice hot meal just breaks me ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It's so annoying I'm hearing of so many people not taking self isolation seriously. Maybe they don't have the choice not to work

I'm also worried about children who gets school meals & sometimes that's there only decent meal of the day. My local shop had people stealing today

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Feck, 10 more UK deaths in one day. Going to hide in my bunker now!

Edit: I think this jump can account for those who have been in hospital for a few days battling the wretched virus and have sadly succumbed.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
It's so annoying I'm hearing of so many people not taking self isolation seriously. Maybe they don't have the choice not to work
If you rent there is no protection, banks have said they will give people payment holidays on mortgages but what happens when you rent, Statutory sick pay will not cover rent and bills let along food etc. I’m not saying they shouldn’t be self isolating but I can understand why people are choosing the keep their roof.

Reactions: 8
If you rent there is no protection, banks have said they will give people payment holidays on mortgages but what happens when you rent, Statutory sick pay will not cover rent and bills let along food etc. I’m not saying they shouldn’t be self isolating but I can understand why people are choosing the keep their roof.
Like I said maybe people don't have a choice. But there's people openly saying they've been told and aren't doing it as if it's something to be proud of. (Not on here but I spoke about people local to me bragging about it)

• Angry
Reactions: 1
21 deaths that has shocked me! I think we are going to see those figures doubling every other day now unfortunately. It will start taking the lives of certain younger people too if they can't receive medical intervention due to hospitals being swamped. From what I've researched, it's a double respiratory tract infection, starting with a sore throat and cough, muscle aches and fatigue like the flu, then progresses to the lower respiratory system which includes the lungs. At that point, the flu like stage, it then depends on how your body reacts to it. If you have a well functioning immune system like children have, then you'll experience nothing more than a mild to moderate case of flu. But if you, in any way have a compromised immune system as a result of heart disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease such asthma, bronchitis etc, hypertension, or cancer, in that order, it can lead to pneumonia as the virus attacks the lower respiratory system. This is when you need hospitalisation. No access to a ventilator, then you're in serious trouble. If you're under 50 and have a good immune system then you've got a really good chance of it not reaching the second stage, however there is still a risk.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I don't know whether to just put myself in "lockdown" or if that's just daft, but my anxiety is telling me I should just stay in the house 😣

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.