Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My grandparents and great grandparents parents are from Ireland. What I stated was the truth.
As someone who is from the island of Ireland, actually what you stated wasn’t truth. Part of “Ireland” is not in the uk. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, while Ireland is a totally separate country. And I agree with @Oohthedrama - not something to get in to online. it’s still a very sensitive issue for many, and your comments could offend people easily. Because there are still people north and south who are offended by All of it.

Reactions: 11
Can anyone help please. My sister has come down with some symptoms. She has self isolated just incase but do her children and husband have to self isolate as well? X
Apparently not they supposed go school and work and keep distance.

Reactions: 2
Can anyone help please. My sister has come down with some symptoms. She has self isolated just incase but do her children and husband have to self isolate as well? X
The advice at the moment is that other family members don’t have to. I would argue that if you tell her to tell her partner’s employer and her children's school, they’ll probably rather not have them there just in case.

I would also suggest she phone 111 as they will run through the symptoms and give advice as to whether she needs to self isolate at this time.

My mum is in Spain, she went on Friday before the announcement from the forgien office. She’s meant to be coming back on Wed, if the flight is cancelled or our borders don’t close. I’m normally a very rational person but i’m suddenly terrified she’s going to get it and die out there and I’ll never see her again. Even though this is probably the least likely outcome, I geneuieny cant stop thinking about it. It’s making me feel sick and my chest tight 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Ireland including ni possibly shutting schools for 16 weeks.
Makes UK stance so confusing.

Between Cheltenham races and Bath half plus bristol uni I expect South West be badly hit by virus over future weeks.
People come from all over to go to Cheltenham and the Bath half marathon 🤷‍♀️

I have just realised that the sky's around Manchester airport are kind of quiet today. God it must be horrible working at an airport at the moment
Both me and my husband work for an airline and I just feel this year I’m going to lose my parents, my job and our home.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
The government was planning (for?) this months ago.. Google "Event 201".. a meeting that took place in NYC in Oct 2019.. exactly the same as what is going on now...

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Hearing things like this makes me so sad! I hope you manage to get hold of some. Is it possible to order them from Boots online? Not sure if they sell tablets on online shopping :unsure: if it came to it I would be happy to post some/post to your local post office to avoid having to give your address out!

Madness that people are being so selfish and bulk buying way too much. It's one thing buying a bit extra to be on the safe side but the amount I've seen people hoarding in supermarkets is disgusting! Like someone said above, not everyone can afford to bulk buy.
Same here @slugella . I have co codamol I can post to you if needed or to a nearby shop for you to pick up.

It’s scary for people who do have medical conditions that may need some of these things that are in short supply such as pain.

I suffer from chronic IBS and this shortage of toilet roll is giving me such bad anxiety which is making my IBS worse. I’m lucky that I always keep quite a big supply anyway but some people may not be so fortunate.
One positive for me is my anxiety driven IBS means I hate being far away from a toilet... Self quarantine would be a nice break for my stomach 😂

• Haha
The government was planning (for?) this months ago.. Google "Event 201".. a meeting that took place in NYC in Oct 2019.. exactly the same as what is going on now...
I maybe naive but surely they have planned for a variety of things happening. I would imagine they have a nuclear attack plan too etc. A pandemic really was only a matter of time. It’s happened through the ages

Reactions: 4

A coronavirus that attacks the lungs that originates in China.. causing isolation, killing the economy and killing millions. Very suspicious.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Partner is on a stag do in Krakow and due back Sunday 15th. They made the decision to start travelling West earlier today and luckily they did. ryanair only
Confirmed their flights cancellation at 6pm!! 24 hours after Poland announced the border closure.

they cannot get Ryanair si have had to take a train from Krakow to Wroclaw, then an Uber over the border to Gorlitz where the hope to catch the train to Berlin. All trains/buses from Wroclaw to Berlin booked solid.
Have had to get flights from Berlin to uk and earliest is Monday. So an extra 2 nights hotel in Berlin as well.

He said it’s chaos over there and people of all nationalities flooding into Germany to get out Poland before lockdown.

so when he’s back a day later than planned he’ll need to self isolate as he’s been all over Europe through Poland and Germany, mixed with many Europeans. Absolutely worried sick! 😭 I’ll be self isolated with him as well or will need to stay with family.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
As far as I know, a snotty nose isn't a symptom but a common cold for which the advice is isolate for 7 days as opposed to 14

I wonder why when the London marathon has been postponed till October?
It’s too late to postpone apparently. Poppycock.

Apparently there have been new cases in Bath too.

Reactions: 1
My friends dads in hospital being tested they have to wait 2 days for results currently has pneumonia 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Will you definitely die if you have underlying health conditions such as severe asthma (my nan)?? Or is it just you’re more at risk??

Reactions: 1
Where's our Boris? I agree with others, there should be a daily update.

Of course, his partner will be considered having an 'underlying, health condition' ... So Where's he going to bunker down to be safe whilst the rest of us wonder and worry with no reassurance. 😡

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.