Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, part of it is. And all of it used to be! 🤣
we are NOT going there 🤣🤣🤣
We have toilet rolls to argue about, let’s not bring this argument into the mix 🤪

Remember that one time, when you came to tattle for mindless gossip, coz same 😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m trying not to panic and think logically. Out of the new numbers of people who have died I wonder just how ill they were before. Not that that makes it any better it doesn’t that’s still 21 people who are not here anymore and family’s are heartbroken but I’m trying not to panic, I am wondering if these people would of caught Normal flu if they would of still died?
So far they’ve all been reported as elderly AND with serious underlying health conditions. The person closest to where I live who died was already in intensive care before they caught the virus. People should not be panicking if they are your average healthy person but we can all limit social contact to help ease the spread and therefore protect the vulnerable a little bit

Reactions: 12
Just seen our local school put out a letter about symptoms and keeping your child off if they are at risk or have the symptoms they will get sent work online. I feel sad where I live a lot of people are in poverty & don't have WiFi.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Went to aldi earlier.... no toilet roll, no frozen veg, no butter, no long life milk, no fish fingers or pizzas, no pain or soap, no sugar, no tinned beans or tomatoes.... why do people have to be selfish pricks? Not everyone can afford to bulk buy!!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I don't know if it's a dumb question, but aren't our private hospitals able to help too?! In the US the private sector in general is helping currently. If we get into a situation like Italy and the NHS is struggling to cope, surely our private hospitals should help!?
They will

Reactions: 5
Went to aldi earlier.... no toilet roll, no frozen veg, no butter, no long life milk, no fish fingers or pizzas, no pain or soap, no sugar, no tinned beans or tomatoes.... why do people have to be selfish pricks? Not everyone can afford to bulk buy!!
The pain thing is what is driving me crazy! I have to take paracetamol and ibuprofen throughout the day for my feet and there is none! :(

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Think this will be for the whole of the UK?
Nah mate 😱 I cannot afford to not have work for 16 weeks! (I’m a sub so only paid for working). And I adore my kids, and the summer holidays are great but.... 16 weeks?!? They can’t Do that to us 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My partner generally travels abroad weekly. His office have now all been instructed to work from home for 6 weeks minimum.

Even if we survive the coronavirus, I’m not sure our marriage will.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Trump has just banned travel from the UK and Ireland, Spain is doing complete shutdown like Italy and our cases/deaths have nearly doubled from yesterday. Yet I’ve been out today and no one seems to be being over cautious. Everywhere was packed out. It’s all very odd and unnerving

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Nah mate 😱 I cannot afford to not have work for 16 weeks! (I’m a sub so only paid for working). And I adore my kids, and the summer holidays are great but.... 16 weeks?!? They can’t Do that to us 🤣
I’m already ate out of house and home and it’s only day one 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No the pneumonia jab will not prevent the Coronavirus from causing pneumonia. The pneumonia jab is to prevent bacterial infections, the Coronavirus is a viral infection. They are two different things, but can both cause symptoms such as pneumonia. Have a look on Google at viral and bacterial infections because it does require some understanding of microbiology to know how the two different infections operate, it is confusing. For example, antibiotics are useless against viruses. You raised a very good point here and I feel that the general public needs to know this sort of information. I wish the government would release more guidance.
No I do get bacterial and viral are different but I didn’t understand pneumonia. I know antibiotics for example only work on bacterial infections not viral.

Reactions: 1
I just googled it Spinidge , It said welders and metal workers are a high risk for pneumonia never knew that !...But all children get this jab as part of their childhood vaccination programme anyway ,so I doubt it would protect or minimise the effects of Corona..
👍 Luckily most children have good immune systems and a lot of the data is showing that they are not even getting the first stage symptoms, they might just be a bit 'run down' for a few hours. However this does not stop them from passing the virus on.
I'm all serious on this thread aren't I?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Current instruction is new, constant cough and or a temp over 37.8 and you self isolate for 7 days. But how likely are people going to do this?
Some people have interpreted being sent home from work to self-isolate as “pop to the shops and have a leisurely mooch around”. Ever so sightly MISSING THE POINT.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The pain thing is what is driving me crazy! I have to take paracetamol and ibuprofen throughout the day for my feet and there is none! :(
My boss said the same, shortly after I returned from Boots where there were hundreds of packets all by the till, I can’t understand why some people can’t find things and others haven’t experienced any shortages. Luckily so far I’ve not had any substitutions in my weekly online shops or trouble booking slots etc. Feel like I’m living in a parallel universe 😖

👍 Luckily most children have good immune systems and a lot of the data is showing that they are not even getting the first stage symptoms, they might just be a bit 'run down' for a few hours. However this does not stop them from passing the virus on.
I'm all serious on this thread aren't I?!!
We're missing you over on our usual threads :)

• Heart
I’m already ate out of house and home and it’s only day one 😩
I said to my husband the other day just to pick up a few bits for the freezer. He only got snack food and we ate it all that night 🙊

I’m just back from Tesco and, apart from loo roll, pasta, rice and Mexican food kits (randomly), they had loads. I just needed fruit and veg, which apparently people are eschewing in this time of health uncertainty...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Trump has just banned travel from the UK and Ireland, Spain is doing complete shutdown like Italy and our cases/deaths have nearly doubled from yesterday. Yet I’ve been out today and no one seems to be being over cautious. Everywhere was packed out. It’s all very odd and unnerving
Where have you seen this reported please? (The US ban)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.