Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m luckily on maternity leave atm but my husband is a store manager at a supermarket and I’m so scared he’s going to catch the virus, bring it home to me and the baby. The supermarket he works for has given no safety measures. I understand we’ve all got to get our food but how is it fair that people in supermarkets have to work and be at risk of catching it and spreading it to their families. Sometimes I feel like we’re the lowest of the low so it doesn’t matter about us.
Please don’t feel like that. He isn’t lowest of the low. Right now there are so many people, like your husband, literally holding the country together. We need the supermarkets and shops to keep going or we as a country gonna face riots and looting and disorder. We need the dustbin men, the postal workers too. So many others. Long as he takes care and does the hand washing he won’t necessarily get it. What if that supermarket closes down ? Then he will have no job. People in essential jobs at least we know we aren’t at risk of redundancy whereas there are so many at risk. We all have a part to play in helping others. Should be proud.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm worried. One of the kids in the class was going skiing in France this weekend. I don't get why people still want to go abroad 🙈
I've got two trips booked in the next couple of months and I'm planning to go unless they close the borders.

I'm not scared, but I'm concerned about the misinformation and lack of clarity. My parents are in their mid 60ties and they are my primary concern.

Reactions: 4
My husband is a bloody plumber , in peoples houses everyday sometimes multiple ones a day. He then has meetings twice a week about new bathrooms clients are wanted fitted. It makes me anxious because is around people all the time and in their houses 😬

Reactions: 3
I've been doing this as I work with so many children daily and deal with a lot of parents and I really don't want to get it or pass it on to my children 😥(my youngest is 3 soon and it's scary enough, so having a newborn with this going on must be worrying, stay strong Mama) My husband and I take off our jackets and shoes in the porch, come in wash hands and go and change, clothes straight in the washing bag.

Maybe your hubby could start wearing gloves in work if there are not any measures in place already. Just make sure he is washing his hands before coming into contact with you and baby.

At the nursery we have started with every child/parent coming in washing hands before entering our rooms and we have a germ station where we have the children washing hands more times throughout their session, not just after the toilet and at snack time.
I’m due any day and I’m very worried about my new born. My parents and in laws aren’t taking it seriously and are classing themselves as essential visitors but they’re interacting with other people then coming over I don’t really want them picking my baby up and that will cause issues but I don’t want them near his face. I’m getting a sling so he can be next to me as much as possible when people are here and hope they take the hint! They’re being so blasé but my husband (their son obs!) has asthmA he’s high risk and a new born too. We’re a high risk household I would imagine. I go between thinking it’ll all work out to what if I lose half my family.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I was only thinking earlier that if Prince Philip got it he'd probably be fine as he appears to be immortal. I don't know how that man is still going but I want whatever they're feeding him.
Isn’t he rumoured to be a lizard 😂

• Haha
I’m due any day and I’m very worried about my new born. My parents and in laws aren’t taking it seriously and are classing themselves as essential visitors but they’re interacting with other people then coming over I don’t really want them picking my baby up and that will cause issues but I don’t want them near his face. I’m getting a sling so he can be next to me as much as possible when people are here and hope they take the hint! They’re being so blasé but my husband (their son obs!) has asthmA he’s high risk and a new born too. We’re a high risk household I would imagine. I go between thinking it’ll all work out to what if I lose half my family.
We all feel the same. My MIL is in a hospital that has had 2 deaths. She is high risk. We are worried we won’t ever see her again. Didn’t expect this. 😢 but we have to keep going ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Anyone else with Asthma and freaking out? I just had a viral illness which triggered my asthma off. Before that I didn’t really use inhalers and after this they stuck me on steroid tablets and now I have 2 inhalers! A preventer (I use twice daily) and reliever and all I see in the news are vulnerable people ASTHMA!! I wish I could quarantine my whole family until this all blows over but no, school still open. Work still open! Doesn’t help that I suffer from health anxiety either! Send positive thoughts my way 😘😘

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I think alot of people on here need to step away from the internet for a while. There is no need to be getting worried to the point its causing you physical symptoms. Yes I completely understand the worry around all this but too much information will just overload the brain and impair rational thought. Stay away from unofficial sources and conspiracy theories online and just stick with the facts as we know it. Try and carry on with your normal lives as best you can and go about your normal routines. Follow any measures advised by the authorities as and when they are announced.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I just caught up with the thread and have to say I don’t think it’s man made but who knows, we won’t ever know if that’s the case.
The problem with these things is without answers people start running with ideas and it’s just as bad as click bait headlines from the mail.

they have released no details (except those who have gone to press) about anyone with C19 so we can’t say what age anyone is, except those who have passed, I don’t fully
Believe it’s just older people getting it, but I feel like any kind of virus those who are older are certainly at a higher risk of passing due to complications (pneumonia, cardiac arrest etc)

I hope we get some kind of speech from BoJo today as I am dreading seeing today’s numbers.

Reactions: 2
I think alot of people on here need to step away from the internet for a while. There is no need to be getting worried to the point its causing you physical symptoms. Yes I completely understand the worry around all this but too much information will just overload the brain and impair rational thought. Stay away from unofficial sources and conspiracy theories online and just stick with the facts as we know it. Try and carry on with your normal lives as best you can and go about your normal routines. Follow any measures advised by the authorities as and when they are announced.
You’re right and I do try and approach it sensibly. I don’t honestly believe the conspiracy theories and when people post quotes from others they don’t bother me. Unless it’s an official source. But I naturally have anxiety as I could give birth any day so that’s natural in a normal situation, it’s understandable it’s heightened in this situation. I’m proud of how I’m handling it to be honest as I’m an anxious person and I’m being as measured as I can. I’m not on social media other than this. I know ultimately we need to do what we can to help ourselves and the rest is out of our hands!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My mother in law is very much like that. Comes to see both my boys when she is ill but says it'll make their immune system stronger in the long run! Just before Christmas she had a really high temp and no appetite but popped in to see us (no mention of how she was feeling) gave my youngest a kiss when she was leaving. The next day she had spots on her hands and feet and 6 days later my son had hand foot mouth disease and it was so bad he ended up in hospital as he had laboured breathing due to the number of ulcers in his mouth and throat 😥😡 I was so angry. I voiced my concerns about ever being around us again whilst not feeling 100% and so far so good...

Say to your hubby that unless people are washing hands, taking the pandemic seriously then they cannot come into close contact/cuddle/hold/breathe on the baby.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I've got two trips booked in the next couple of months and I'm planning to go unless they close the borders.

I'm not scared, but I'm concerned about the misinformation and lack of clarity. My parents are in their mid 60ties and they are my primary concern.
I have a holiday booked in August and we will still go unless they tell us not to. What else can you do really, you can’t just shut yourself inside indefinitely.

Reactions: 7
Do whatever you feel is right for you and the baby.
The sling is a brilliant idea.
I didn't let anyone pick up my youngest until he was about 3 months old asides from my husband.
Winter baby and I didn't want him catching anything..I dont trust other people's hygiene at all.

My mother in law is very much like that. Comes to see both my boys when she is ill but says it'll make their immune system stronger in the long run! Just before Christmas she had a really high temp and no appetite but popped in to see us (no mention of how she was feeling) gave my youngest a kiss when she was leaving. The next day she had spots on her hands and feet and 6 days later my son had hand foot mouth disease and it was so bad he ended up in hospital as he had laboured breathing due to the number of ulcers in his mouth and throat 😥😡 I was so angry. I voiced my concerns about ever being around us again whilst not feeling 100% and so far so good...

Say to your hubby that unless people are washing hands, taking the pandemic seriously then they cannot come into close contact/cuddle/hold/breathe on the baby.
I’m going to be very strict on hand washing when coming into the house. My four year old has taken some work but bless her she’s doing it now, every time she sees somebody in the toilet or blowing their nose she’s says don’t forget to wash your hands, the backs as well 😂 so she’s my little hand watcher! I’m going to say any slight sniffle/cough etc please don’t come here. I am going to be very restrictive though.

Reactions: 9
We really do need to protect our mental health as well, you are right.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think you should give your husband the job of keeping people away. I know what it's like when you've had a baby everyone wants to visit like your baby is some kind of ornament xx

Reactions: 4
Shall we skip the rest of 2020 and jump ahead to 2021?! I'm done with this year. Who's with me?!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I agree with others on here...if they refuse to stop coming over or are too hands on do what I did...went up to change a nappy and pretended to fall asleep. My in laws were in my face every day after I had my son after a difficult birth and having a hard time breastfeeding I just was desperate for some space

Reactions: 5
I know someone who has it. They are ok, no hospital treatment, but they have been quite ill, worst symptoms were fever and cough, fever has subsided now after 4 days in bed. They are 60, no underlying heath issues.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.