Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
my hospital hasn’t even closed it’s doors to visitors yet! It’s so concerning. we haven’t even had training on how to put on the hazmat suits, only the masks.
Yes same here. There isn’t enough stock. Is my fear. We have splash guard masks for suspected cases. Have to call clinical site manager if need a hood thing. I am very worried about the availability of PPE. It is the employers responsibility to protect the staff. The full hazmat type suit though is worn by staff dealing with patients in ITU or doing procedures that are “aerosol producing” so not needed for general care. That I think is masks and aprons etc. I think anyway.

Reactions: 4
My mum is currently in a mental health hospital (a ward for over 65s) and they have closed the ward to visitors as someone there is unwell. They are saying it’s a precaution but I’m terrified to be honest now. Not sure when they will reopen to visitors. I have been going everyday for a month and I’m so sad not to be able to go. I knows it’s for the best but I’m actually scared.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Gosh, that's a jump in deaths 😔
The approx anticipated amount of cases/deaths is double, every 4 days. Based on the history in other areas of infection. Not as alarming when its 2 to 4, or 4 to 8. But when its 32 to 64 ... 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My partner's brother returned from Spain today.
Just strolled back in. No test, not told to quarantine himself, NOTHING. Nobody was. And people wonder why I'm questioning the entire thing.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
So what they expecting mums to be to do? Surely there are reasons for the surgery? That baby has got to come out one way or another. 😔
There are medical reasons for why she is delivering by Caesarian. She would be at risk of severe pain / dying to give birth naturally.

This just shows how thoroughly unprepared the NHS is to deal with this crisis.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Yes same here. There isn’t enough stock. Is my fear. We have splash guard masks for suspected cases. Have to call clinical site manager if need a hood thing. I am very worried about the availability of PPE. It is the employers responsibility to protect the staff. The full hazmat type suit though is worn by staff dealing with patients in ITU or doing procedures that are “aerosol producing” so not needed for general care. That I think is masks and aprons etc. I think anyway.
Also we have to remember the effect of someone not having contact with their loved ones. My MIL is in hospital having chemo. With a spiking temperature and not very well. This should have been her last few days and coming out soon. We are terrified she won’t come out now and they won’t even be able to see her as only allowed one visitor.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I'm posting some notes into my elderly neighbours letterboxes tomorrow. Asking to let me know if they need anything, I have a car and I'll be happy to try and accommodate them so they don't have to leave.

One of my neighbours is in his 70s and goes to the local pub for tea every night because he can't cook/doesn't like cooking. I'll offer to take him some food around every night I can, if it means he eats and stays healthy.
We have to look after our vulnerable :(
What a kind person :)

I’ll be honest my anxiety is sky high right now!

Not wanting to send my kids into school tbh, I don’t want visitors, I don’t want to go out, I don’t want my husband to go to work....I just want to lick the doors and hide 😩😩😩

It feels like we’re guinea pigs! Every other country is banning travel, shutting schools, etc and we are doing nothing.....

• Sad
Reactions: 8
[QU

I just hope they take me up on it, they're quite stubborn some of them 🤣
That is very kind of you, I hope your elderly neighbours accept your offer. My mum was one of those people who would never accept help, bloody stubborn as a mule. My parents are both deceased so that is one worry I don't have.

Reactions: 3
My partner's brother returned from Spain today.
Just strolled back in. No test, not told to quarantine NOTHING. Nobody was. And people wonder why I'm questioning the entire thing.
My husband will be working directly with someone who will have returned from a week long jolly in France on Monday.
She doesn't need to quarantine, her children will be going straight back into their primary/secondary schools too. It's ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
There are medical reasons for why she is delivering by Caesarian. She would be at risk of severe pain / dying to give birth naturally.

That's appalling her family even had to query the decision. I hope all goes well for mum and baby. ❤

Reactions: 3

I don’t understand this. I’ve been told in my hospital that maternity is still going to be completely separate and nothing will be affected

I’ll be honest my anxiety is sky high right now!

Not wanting to send my kids into school tbh, I don’t want visitors, I don’t want to go out, I don’t want my husband to go to work....I just want to lick the doors and hide 😩😩😩

It feels like we’re guinea pigs! Every other country is banning travel, shutting schools, etc and we are doing nothing.....
Make sure you disinfect them before you start licking 🙊🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 34
My husband will be working directly with someone who will have returned from a week long jolly in France on Monday.
She doesn't need to quarantine, her children will be going straight back into their primary/secondary schools too. It's ridiculous.
I'd check she doesn't need to, as they have updated alot of the travel advice

Reactions: 1
I don’t understand this. I’ve been told in my hospital that maternity is still going to be completely separate and nothing will be affected
I hope that it is where you are. I really don’t think that it’s right that they can cancel things like this. At one point in the conversation, before her husband got on the phone to shout at them, she was told “sorry, you have no choice and we have to cancel”. I can’t even contemplate how unhealthy that kind of stress is for Mum and Baby. 🙁

I'd check she doesn't need to, as they have updated alot of the travel advice
I cant find anything online, probably not looking in the right place. The area she has visited has just announced they are going into lockdown too!

I hope that it is where you are. I really don’t think that it’s right that they can cancel things like this. At one point in the conversation, before her husband got on the phone to shout at them, she was told “sorry, you have no choice and we have to cancel”. I can’t even contemplate how unhealthy that kind of stress is for Mum and Baby. 🙁
Exactly that’s just unbelievably wrong. There is only 1‘confirmed’ case in my area at the moment I hope this doesn’t happen

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.