Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But if you, in any way have a compromised immune system as a result of heart disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease such asthma, bronchitis etc, hypertension, or cancer, in that order, it can lead to pneumonia as the virus attacks the lower respiratory system. This is when you need hospitalisation. No access to a ventilator, then you're in serious trouble. If you're under 50 and have a good immune system then you've got a really good chance of it not reaching the second stage, however there is still a risk
I don't understand why the NHS aren't offering people that are vulnerable the pneumonia vaccine. It may help the virus not do as much damage to the lungs as its may be a bit of protection. I don't know, I'm in no way medically trained.

Reactions: 1
Highland council (northern Scotland) has banned al gatherings of 100 and more.

We have 1 case of coronavirus announced today.

Edit to say - not sure if this as officially been announced yet though?

CZ has 150 cases as of today.

We will also be closing all shopping centers and shops minus food +pharmacies for 10 days.

And on that note, where are also the mayors of our cities? For example, I haven't seen Mr. Khan's face once on tv in recent weeks. The mayors of the US cities are on tv every single day, with their team, giving an update. Just like Trump, etc. Each day I notice stark differences between the way things are handled in the US and here in the UK.
In Canada, our provincial government are doing daily press conferences.

Reactions: 2
Because some people are scared of catching the virus/the risks.
Ah I feel if I'm gonna get it, I am. Could be from the takeaway driver, could be from my husband, could be from my mother. If I want a takeaway I will still have it.... For now anyways.

Reactions: 7
David & Sally Abel a married couple in their 70''s who were in hospital in Japan after testing positive from the Princess Cruise ship are now healthy and home in the UK! So happy for them xx

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I didn’t write that??
Crap editing on my part! 🥴
Conor McGregor has announced his aunty has passed away due to CV. Unfortunately I think it’s only when these big names (e.g Tom Hanks etc) get affected by it will people begin to take it more seriously..
I think if there is a death of a famous name from it people might start to believe the hype.

my partner is STILL comparing it to seasonal flu and talking about taking our daughter to see her COPD,ill grandad tomorrow. I just don’t know what will make him see that she could be a carrier (she’s been “off it” for about a week with a temperature that comes and goes) and his dad will struggle to survive viral pneumonia. His dad is the same about it though 😡
Never ever one to defend Khan because he's an absolute bellend but he was at a business conference I was in last week giving great advice to business owners, he's also been the one that's cancelled all St Paddy's day parades and celebrations in London.
So he may not be on TV talking tit but he is behind the scenes doing some stuff.
Didn’t Khan HAVE to cancel because everyone pulled out though? I’m sure I heard that on LBC

• Haha
Because some people are scared of catching the virus/the risks.
Ah I feel if I'm gonna get it, I am. Could be from the takeaway driver, could be from my husband, could be from my mother. If I want a takeaway I will still have it.... For now anyways.
I’m abit conflicted, as I’m still having to go to work and face around 100 members of the public a day. So I figure if I’m having to do that it’s prob safe to still be getting takeaways and pop to the shops ect.

Reactions: 5
I don't understand why the NHS aren't offering people that are vulnerable the pneumonia vaccine. It may help the virus not do as much damage to the lungs as its may be a bit of protection. I don't know, I'm in no way medically trained.
It's really very simple, the vaccine is only effective against pneumococcal infections caused by a bacteria called Streptococcus Pneumoniae. Coronavirus is a virus and this vaccine will have NO effect against a virus.

Reactions: 8
I’m abit conflicted, as I’m still having to go to work and face around 100 members of the public a day. So I figure if I’m having to do that it’s prob safe to still be getting takeaways and pop to the shops ect.
I don't work as it is because of my mental health and this sort of thing in a big factor in it. I'm terrified of germs and have obsessive thoughts about them to the point it effects my life anyways. I don't like going into shops on a good day never mind doing an emergency run for loved ones. The only saving grace in all this is that I was rather prepared on the cleaning/sanitising/soap side of thing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
My husband was given the pneumonia vaccine this year when he had his flu jab. He is in an “at risk” group so I’ve no idea if everyone who had the flu jab for free also had the pneumonia one.

At the moment there is absolutely nothing that can be done to prevent us from getting ill from the Coronavirus. We've just got to stay as healthy as possible and avoid catching the bloody thing as best we can. I believe that a vaccine is being worked on but that would only work to make us immune in future cases, not to make us better from it once we have it. As I said earlier the pneumonia vaccine can only protect us from bacterial infections and not viral infections which the Coronavirus is.

I managed to get some at lidl yesterday but they were at the till not where they usually are in the store, may be worth asking staff.

Got some calpol in Wilkinson’s, there was two bottles left so I took one. Also managed to get toilet roll from a corner shop, I live in a town centre and Asda, Wilko, b&m, coop, lidl all sold out of toilet roll.
It’s scary for people who do have medical conditions that may need some of these things that are in short supply such as pain.

I suffer from chronic IBS and this shortage of toilet roll is giving me such bad anxiety which is making my IBS worse. I’m lucky that I always keep quite a big supply anyway but some people may not be so fortunate.

Reactions: 7
I've not read all the threads so I apologise if this has been answered somewhere.

The US have now announced that from Monday, no flights from the UK and Ireland can enter the states.

Have the UK banned incoming flights or restricted them or are we open for business as usual?

And from the Facebook pages for our local primary schools, closing schools is a bad idea. They are all planning days out, sleepovers, and extended UK holidays with each other.

At least if schools are open, the children and families are contained to one place and not spreading further out because they are seeing it as time off to explore the area and country!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.