Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Day 58 in the big NHS house.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Pretty much the same as the 57 days before. But they gave us ice lollies again today, so that is the positive. Negative is I am still in bed and can't feel my legs. A 78 year old lady called Betty joined us yesterday, she has dementia but is hilarious with it. Only problem is she doesn't understand she needs to stay in bed, as quick as they put her back to bed she is out again. She is having a merry old time, was awake all night talking to herself and keeping us awake and is still going now. I do love old people.

Another positive for today is that I have been here so long and am so bored of the food they have let me order from the children's menu which features treats like chicken dippers, pizza, spaghetti, I'm taking that as a win.

This has taken me eons to type as I can only use my thumb. Grumble, gripe.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

WilmaHun

VIP Member
It’s my birthday in a couple of weeks, so I’ve just ordered loads of new clothes. They’re from my partner…. He just doesn’t know it yet 😏😏😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Hello all.

I have been gone for forever, but just read this entire thread and it is nice to see the real world is still going on out there. I am taking an extended vacation at one of the NHS' finest hospitals. Been here almost two months, bored silly now and am not going home anytime soon. Oy.

The junior jellies are of course causing havoc in every way shape and form. I miss them more than I ever thought possible.

Today was just another day here, they are all the same. Hot Doctor came around though and that is about my only highlight. Oh and the nurse gave me a Calyppo lolly. It is not all bad.

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Absolutely 🥱

Hi I am fairly new so might be behind but what has happened if you don't mind.
The short version is I have multiple sclerosis and a lesion the size of a tangerine formed in the top of my spinal cord and paralysed me from the neck down. I have minimal movement in my thumbs now.

• Heart
  • Sad

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I’ve just had one tub of pick n mix and one tub of them blue and pink fizzy bottles followed by an hours nap. If that’s not a good bank holiday then I don’t know what is

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
image.jpg

Ive had a busy morning stripping 3 layers of wallpaper and paint 😅 I’m gonna reward myself with a McDonald’s I think 🤷🏽‍♀️ (Any excuse!)

• Heart

Hope96

VIP Member
@WilmaHun I love the study of law so if you ever did need any help I would be more than happy but I am sure you'll smash the assignment. I am looking into either getting back into the study of law or be brave and look for training contracts.

--
Film was fantastic! I def recommend it to those who want to visit the cinema.

I'm feeling more sad than usual tonight because I've realised how unhappy I truly am. Nothing has bought me real happiness in the past 5 months. I am simply just existing even when I do things with others. I was sat there watching the film and felt sadness that I've only experienced when my gran passed away. I just don't know how to carry on. I put on a big smile but I'm exhausted. Someone at work made a comment about how much I moan about everything today and it really got to to me because the usual me would always get on without moaning. My heart hurts every single day and I am ashamed to admit I've cried every single day and night for 5 months.

This just annoyed me more than anything I was waiting for my friend in town and I saw my ex's cock eyed friend who looked directly at me so he must have been in town to watch the football with him. I've not met him but I do wonder if he recognised me. I wanted to tell him to f off if I'm honest.

Hope everyone's day improved and you're all sleeping better. x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I just asked my partner to make me a cup of green tea whilst he’s at the kettle.

Two issues. He’s put milk in it. Why would you put milk in green tea?
Secondly…. We’ve been together 8 years and for those entire 8 years I’ve been dairy free. 🤔

• Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I've just sat at my desk and come over feeling really anxious and like my IBS is about to flare :(. My uni course officially starts today. I'm not even sure how I'm going to squeeze it in tbh, I'm so busy with work and life in general I think I'm going to struggle. I've also just looked and my first assignment is a 10 minute video presentation so that will be absolute hell 🥴🥴

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
@ordinaryjelly you're back! It’s so good to hear from you - I was worried you were still suffering the effects of middle jelly’s breakdown after the euros final. I hope you’re ok?! Sending love and hoping you’ll be home with the jellies soon ❤
Oh his heart break was real. My health drama kicked off the very next morning so I never got to share the trials and tribulations of that awful night at Wembley. It was hideous.

Middle Jelly has moved on now and is completely convinced that England will just win the world cup next year instead.

And thanks for all the well wishes everyone. 😘

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
@WilmaHun what house stuff have you done so far?!
Quite a bit! Every room apart from the kitchen had at least 3 layers of wallpaper where they’ve just papered on top of paper, so weve stripped every room. I started painting one of the bedrooms. We have a plasterer going in next week to plaster 2 bedrooms, dining room and living Room. I’ve ripped out the bathroom, new one going in within the next week! Flooring being laid in two weeks time! Today I also started chasing out some walls for new sockets. It’s been full steam ahead. 😅
eta - and weve ripped carpets/laminate up from every room so we just have floorboards atm

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Went for a walk round town this afternoon cos I felt better. Got an absolute sweat on now though. Got my free £5 goodies

147A0A7A-14BF-46C2-9FF1-4DC290734B2F.jpeg

Gonna have them later 😋 they’ll probs be gone within 30 seconds

fellas gone the Spar with the baby and I said to myself ‘I’ll have a quick tidy round’ but I’ve just sat on tattle instead 😂

what’s everyone up to tonight?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
First day was good. Everyone seems friendly so far so good 👍🏻

Popped to home bargains at lunch with bf and got a few Xmas candles to put away as I love their cheapo fake Yankee ones. also got some weights and some bliss bars.

Made katsu curry for tea and had a tidy round. Just finished reading with son and he’s about to get to bed in a bit so I’m planning a home workout with my new weights and then a bath and maybe an early night.

• Heart
Reactions: 10