Chit Chat #2 Sponsored by Tango Ice Blasts and McDonald's Monopoly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s everyone up to today? My fellas Dad is visiting again... second time we’ve met him so far. Then we’re going his Mums. So, pray for me cos I gotta deal with my entire fellas family today 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Today will be spent telling myself i don't need mcdonalds.

I've watched a few episodes of The Good Place this morning. I should do some knitting or something else productive

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Watching Fatherhood and so far I'm enjoying it! Think I'm going to start Power today as a few of you have recommended it.
My IBS is causing so much pain. 😭 I think I need to start cutting out certain foods because the pain is not worth it. 😒
have you tried a low FODMAP diet? That is the first thing my doctor told me to try!
I cut out dairy and since then my IBS has seen such an improvement. I’m on medication too so that helps but I definitely notice a vast improvement with a change of diet!
stress and anxiety sets me off though, and I know you’ve been having a hard time so perhaps that’s contributing too? :( I hope you feel better soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm at my mam's.
We've had a beef roast. Now the kids are playing in the garden while we sit around drinking coffee. Going for a walk to B&M with my sister in a bit. Then heading home to finish varnishing my dining room floor.

Living life in the fast lane over here 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Morning.
We were up and out at the crack of dawn this morning to go swimming. Been chilling at home since. Made a roast pork dinner and just cleaned the kitchen. Going to play some switch with son for a bit then do a home workout. Films and general relaxation for the rest of the day as I start my new job tomorrow so nervous about that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Weighed myself for the first time in a few weeks and I'm pretty much maintaining for the past three months - I'm still around 7-8 stone bigger than I 'should be' but considering I had gained 2 1/2 stone in 14 months (lockdown sucked)... maintenance is a pretty big accomplishment.

Going to start trying to clear my diet up a bit now because I want more energy and want to make walking easier but I have such an all-or-nothing mentality left over from my ED that it's pretty scary to even consider, even though I know it's important.

• Heart
Weighed myself for the first time in a few weeks and I'm pretty much maintaining for the past three months - I'm still around 7-8 stone bigger than I 'should be' but considering I had gained 2 1/2 stone in 14 months (lockdown sucked)... maintenance is a pretty big accomplishment.

Going to start trying to clear my diet up a bit now because I want more energy and want to make walking easier but I have such an all-or-nothing mentality left over from my ED that it's pretty scary to even consider, even though I know it's important.
have you tried calorie counting, I’ve been doing that and going for walks everyday and I have been losing a bit of weight x

have you tried a low FODMAP diet? That is the first thing my doctor told me to try!
I cut out dairy and since then my IBS has seen such an improvement. I’m on medication too so that helps but I definitely notice a vast improvement with a change of diet!
stress and anxiety sets me off though, and I know you’ve been having a hard time so perhaps that’s contributing too? :( I hope you feel better soon x
My doctor hasn't been very helpful with my IBS but I've started reading about the FODMAP diet and it's mad how food that is actually good for you should be avoided because it can make IBS symptoms worse. In terms of dairy have you cut out milk, yogurt and cheese? I am going to try and plan my meals for the next few weeks to see if the diet helps because I've just been eating whatever I can find after work because I don't have the energy to cook which hasn't helped. I think I need my medicine changed but it's just so hard to get an appointment and I have been so busy at work with training. Anxiety and stress are massive triggers for me too and I think that's definitely been one of the biggest contributing factors. Thank you for always taking the time to reply back to me. x

--

Watching the first ep of Power and it's insane.
My face:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've had a little cry over Sarah harding 😥😥

It really hit me hard. Think i just needed an excuse for a cry tbh
Went to b&m with my sister earlier but i wasn't in a chocolate mood. Bet i regret that later

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
That's such sad news about Sarah Harding - it's an awful age.

Since earlier I've started the first episode of Kevin Can F Himself (on prime) - it's very intriguing.

Then went and purchased a bunch of healthy vegetables I know I like (Aldi had Brussels Sprouts at a reasonable price 😍) and I'm about to start cleaning.

• Heart
That's such sad news about Sarah Harding - it's an awful age.

Since earlier I've started the first episode of Kevin Can F Himself (on prime) - it's very intriguing.

Then went and purchased a bunch of healthy vegetables I know I like (Aldi had Brussels Sprouts at a reasonable price 😍) and I'm about to start cleaning.
It’s so awful 😔 I was driving home earlier and all the radio stations were playing girls aloud which I thought was odd but obviously this is why.

I started watching Kevin can f himself but I’m not sure what to make of it - keep us updated on your thoughts!

• Heart
Still at my mil’s, well bored! I’m well happy I’ve got a £5 offer on my Sparks card so I get a fiver off food! I’m gonna go tomorrow and get some snacks! The snacks from M&S are amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The Sarah Harding news is so sad isn’t it ☹

Im at my parents, just had a bbq for dinner. Will need to go home soon and prepare myself for getting up at 7 tomorrow 😮

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I reckon I will have to leave a bit earlier tomorrow for work because the bus will be jam packed with school kids if I leave at the time I have been leaving during the summer holidays. Not looking forward to it!

I am loving Power so far thank you to those who recommended it.

xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.