Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I got a horrible text from my cousin today who is still accusing me and my brother of 'ruining' a family holiday, and called us both social justice warriors and snowflakes.

For those who didn't see my older post; my cousins are organising a trip to Dubai and my brother (an openly gay man) is refusing to go to a country in which homosexuality is considered a serious and punishable crime. I support my brother, I'm a straight woman but I also don't want to support the economy of a homophobic country that doesn't respect human rights. if that makes me a snowflake... so be it.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
My rant for today and you might want to strap in for this one.

First of all I need to caveat this one with some context. I am mentally ill, properly diagnosed by a psychiatrist. I am diagnosed with cyclothymia, agoraphobia, GAD and BPD. Yesterday was my daughters graduation and I was determined to go to it, despite not leaving my home for about 4 years (apart from walking the dog around the block, early every morning for 15mins). We had to get a coach and cabs to get there which was extremely stressful for me but I was so looking forward to seeing my girl graduate and to spend the day with her.

We were walking back from the graduation, just chatting and enjoying the time together and some cunty "content creators" decided to come up to us, filming away asking what our dreams were. My husband said, not interested and he left him alone. Then he started on my daughter and her boyfriend, getting in their faces asking what their dreams were. My daughter was a bit embarrassed but tried to laugh it off but her body language was clear that she didn't want to talk to them, she then said no thanks, and tried to keep on walking. This cunt kept on at them, shoving a mike under her nose saying, "go on, tell me your dreams and i'll make them come true"
I don't know where it came from, probably just from the stress of the day and the fact we were in a big crowd trying to get through the hordes (it was Brighton sea front so pretty busy) but I just fucking lost it. I shouted at him "WILL YOU JUST FUCK OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE! SHE SAID SHE'S NOT INTERESTED AND NOW FUCK OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE" I think I said something else after, I may have called him a cunt but can't remember because in the moment I was just so angry that her special day was being invaded by cunts who are just bothering people and using them to make monetised content.

I absolutely loathe content creators who film people in public, without their consent and who will not take no for an answer. I see my daughter so rarely because she has a job, her own flat with her boyfriend and obviously just recently finished a university degree, plus she lives a couple of hours away so any time I get to see her is precious, I just want to catch up and enjoy the time. I also don't want to be on film because I am fat, middle aged and trying to hold it together in an extremely stressful situation for me.

I woke up today absolutely mortified at the way I just lost it and I'm terrified I am going to end up going viral as a deranged Karen :( So if you see a short, fat, red headed, middle aged woman on social media anywhere having a melt down, it was me and please don't let me know as I am already in hell over it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I just hate my life
I'm struggling to lose weight as I eat my feelings, and food is my only pleasure these days
I'm always tired, I have no motivation to do anything.
I'm sick of being poor.
I'm sick of being a single mum and navigating all of the challenges of parenthood on my own.
I love my house but it is falling apart and landlord won't do anything about it (damp, black mould, rotten skirting boards, leaking pipes)

The only thing in my life I actually enjoy right now is my job.

I'm just so bloody miserable and I am really trying to be better and feel better but it is so hard.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

nopenopenopejustno

Saw Oppenheimer today at the cinema. Forked out extra money for recliner seats, IMAX experience etc. Man next to me brought out a fucking FULL Asda carrier bag of Doritos, Pringles, crisps etc. Then a 2litre bottle of Coke. He crunched, burped and rustled his way through a three hour film. He then tried to man spread to my recliner, which is when I snapped. Muttered (I'm a big wuss really) "I fucking think not!!!" and opened my legs so wide my mum would have had a heart attack for my "unladylike sitting". 🤬🤬🤯🤯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I remember reading ages ago that the only thing feminism achieved was that women now have to do all the housework and go to work. I still think that's partly true. 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I know it's the school holidays but if you're taking your very young kids shopping, there is no need for them to be on a bike or playing with a football.

Teach your kids how to behave in shops. They really don't need to entertained every single second of the day. The supermarket is not a playground.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

jojida

Chatty Member
My dad's done me a birthday post on Facebook and one of his mates has written 'happy heavenly birthday'... I'm ALIVE.

How hard is it to read before commenting?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Money. People say it doesn't equal happiness but I sure as hell would feel a lot happier and less stressed if I had it.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

bongsandstuff

Chatty Member
Job interviews. Recently graduated and after lots of rejections I have an interview tomorrow - not the best job or pay but I’m really hoping I get it as I’m running out of £ 🤣🥲🤞🏼 SO NERVOUS it’s my first full time job interview!!!
Just wanted to update you guys that I had my interview yesterday and was offered the position this morning😊 really pleased! Like I said, not the job or pay I wanted or know I can get but it’s a foot in the door and my first full time role😃 proud of myself, although I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t crapping myself with anxiety over the thought of long 12 hour shift patterns and night shifts🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Lola Ruby

Been a massive ball of anxiety today for no particular reason (probably not helped by the big cappuccino and iced coffee I’ve had) but not helped by being in the gym and wanting to get on that Inbody scale thing (the one that measures your fat percentage etc) and this older guy just stood there creepily watching me right next to it. Because he wouldn’t move and kept standing there smiling I asked him twice if he wanted to use it, no no he said. I took my shoes/socks off and got on it and could just FEEL him standing really close behind me still staring. At this point I’m wondering if he has a foot fetish or something? No other reason for him to be hanging around. I finish on the scale and start cleaning it and he says “Ooh are you meant to clean it?” I say “I think so” and assume that’s the end of that awkward encounter, he then asks me “And, have you lost any weight?” while still smiling. I’m taken aback and don’t know what to say so say “Yes a bit” and then he’s asking me how the scale works etc. I managed to get away while he was looking at the scale but FFS why can’t men just let women fucking BE without being total creepy bastards. A tale as old as time. He made me feel so uncomfortable and I wish I had the balls to tell creeps like him to just fuck off and leave me alone but when on the spot like that I never know what to do or say.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Ladybird90

People who have flown to Rhodes on holiday, despite knowing in advance the extreme temperatures and associated risks, now complaining their holidays have been ruined because of the wildfires. Where's the compassion for people who live there, and now do not have a home to go back to.

Reactions: 25

emmer_moans

VIP Member
If the kids start moaning 'I'm bored' 'what are we doing today?' etc give them chores to do, that will soon shut them up!
I remember school holidays in the 90s my parents couldn’t afford to take us to places so often we would go to the local park, run off steam, or when old enough, we’d go walking with school friends. At home we just had the one telly in the front room, and i remember a lot of the time I had to content myself with drawing whilst listening to the radio, or, reading the Harry Potter books etc. There was no social media for me until I was about 14. Some of my best relaxed times where those when i could just get lost in a book. I do wonder if parents are under too much pressure now to give kids all the experiences and trips and gadgets, when, in fairly recent history all we had was parks and books and toys? Do kids expect too much now? Does social media make them discontented?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
why do call centres outsource to other countries?! It’s so frustrating. I’m obviously never rude to the person on the other end of the phone because it is so hard to learn other languages & they’re only doing their job but why should I have to exercise patience whilst having to go over my postcode three times and explain it all in basic English when I’m already seething and calling to make a complaint, it makes me feel bad because I know other people also calling to complain will not be so kind. Fxck greedy companies and their fat arsed CEOs!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

goosecat

I’ve just got this message from a bloke at work. I am absolutely fuming, I was wearing a thick high neck vest top with a shirt on over it (we have no dress code). I know who it was too as he has the mental age of a 5 year old. This is what you get when you’re one of 2 women in a 30 person workplace.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

InkHeart

Chatty Member
I am in absolutely the foulest mood I have ever been in. (This story is brought to you by the cost of living crisis.)

I was out all day on a very long trek to pick up some free stuff I needed from a Facebook ad. I had to take two buses and it took over two hours to get there.

The woman giving it away told me (which she had not said in the ad) that it was to go as a job lot - either I took all of it or none of it. Of course everyone always assumes you drive, which I cannot afford to, so I just pointed out to her that I was holding as much as I could physically carry. She asked if I could come back for the rest. I said yes, but I won't - if she can't give it away free, she should pay someone to remove it, not insist a stranger on Facebook take it away for free when they don't need it. The stuff was very, very heavy and I had to carry it myself in Bags For Life that were slowly splitting at the seams.

Anyway, I had to walk a long way, stopping every few yards because the objects were so heavy. By the time I got back to my home town, I had to immediately go to work. I work in an office after-hours, when everyone else has gone home. I still had the heavy stuff and felt so sweaty and gross, and I had torn several holes in my skirt and lost one of my rings, which is a real bummer.

I did my work, then finished about 10pm. The bags were so heavy that I called a taxi from my office reception phone. I waited, then it rang to say the taxi was there. I went outside. The address I had give was VERY clear, the office has the number written on the door and it's a well known street. But the cabbie had parked up at a pub on the opposite side of the street, about fifty yards away. I couldn't run to him because I could hardly walk a few feet carrying the luggage. I stood there waving at him for several minutes, but he was talking to another guy all that time, who eventually got in the cab and drove off, even as I waved my arms at them.

Another cab from the same company also pulled up at the same pub, so I thought maybe the first one had been a mistake and this one was mine. Same thing: bags too heavy to carry and too valuable to leave, so I was jumping up and down waving, trying to get his attention. Eventually a load of people came out of the pub and got in and drove off, so that one must have been theirs.

A cab drove by with its light on, so I hailed it clearly, but it drove past me anyway.

My phone is very badly smashed at the minute. Which I'm also very pissed off about, because I paid £75 for it to have a new screen, which then broke three days after the guy installed it! I have never had a phone screen shatter before, and I didn't do anything to shatter it. The guy obviously used cheap shitty glass, but I'm £75 out of pocket and now my phone totally doesn't work. It blinks and sometimes the keypad works and sometimes it doesn't. I tried very hard to ring the taxi company, but I couldn't. I tried very hard to contact them online, but I couldn't. The big thing is, I am not allowed to go back into the office after I have left, because it's high security stuff in there, and if you leave, then log back in in the middle of the night, security are going to flag it as a big deal and it can become a whole HR thing.

So I waited on the street. I saw many many taxis going by, but the ones with lights on all drove down other turn offs, so never went past me. I fiddled on my broken phone for so, so long. I was there as the street went from busy to quiet. Quite a few weird looking men walked past me really slowly, eyeing me up. I really wanted to go back inside, but I knew I would get in trouble.

Eventually I just had to go back into the office, which I am likely to get a bollocking for, when my boss finds out. I called the taxi company and told the operator what had happened. I was weary, but didn't raise my voice or swear or anything. The woman was absolutely AWFUL. She told me with a straight face that the taxis record said it had picked me up and dropped me home. She said that like I was at home and too stupid to have noticed it.

I said, "But it didn't, I'm still here."

THEN she said that her records showed that I'd been seen talking to a driver from a rival taxi company, and I got into that taxi. Wtf? I just told her I hadn't.

She said, in a really rude, dismissive way, "Well I don't know why it's taken you this long to call us." You know when people say "I don't know why you did that", but it's obvious they're implying that you did it for some dishonest reason?

I said that my phone was badly broken, and I had had to come back into the office to use the office phone, which I am not allowed to do, because the security system is complex and you're not meant to leave, then come back again.

She said she would send a taxi, but "Just make sure you're there." I said "I was there!" and put the phone down.

I am so fucking angry. I know I'll get advice like "Why did you give them your money after that", etc, but I was dog tired, dirty, my clothes were ripped, it was scary outside, and I'm autistic so I can get very badly affected by stuff like this, to a damaging degree. I just had to get home asap, because I couldn't even think straight.

So I got in their next taxi, which actually knew how to read the number on a door. I absolutely fucking hated today. I am so, so angry. It doesn't sound like much of a day when I come to type it out, but I am raving mad, and I know I'm going to get in trouble at work over all this shit, and I know I have to fork out £75 to get a new screen for my phone, which is a huge financial strain because I'm below the poverty line. I don't even have a pair of shoes that fit and don't have holes. My dress is probably a write off. I feel absolutely horrific. I wish I could scream and yell, but I don't suppose that would solve anything!

Thanks, I really needed to get this out.

/rant

• Heart
  • Sad

kelly123

VIP Member
My rant is I got dumped after 15 months together by text because ‘we want different things long term’ - kind of out the blue. He’s never said I love you and now I will have to start all over again 😔

• Sad
  • Heart

Crabbypatty00

Chatty Member
I find the very late in the day baby related pleas irritating.

"I'm due to give birth next week to my little prince / princess and need a cot, baby grows, perfect prep, steriliser, sheets, nursing chair, jumperoo and a personalised hooded towel (etc) preferably all brand new or excellent condition, thanks 🙏."

Fuck off mate.

• Wow

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Respectfully, you’re still missing the point of the rant. A size 12 clearly shouldn’t be considered “plus size”, and it’s pretty damaging to suggest to young girls that it is.

• Heart

terfette

Chatty Member
Im not sure rant is the right word. But I’d certainly like to express how absolutely heartbroken I am at the death of Tokitae (AKA Lolita) at Miami seaquarium, after five long decades in that prison, 40 years without seeing another orca. The hatred I feel for that greedy selfish bastard who refused to relinquish her all these years is indescribable.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 22