What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I made turmeric and ginger shots earlier today .

As I was straining the liquid out of the pulp I upended the bowl and tipped the entire contents over my CREAM kitchen units , splashed it all over myself and a new linen T-shirt that is now in the bin .

I couldn’t work out which was more important , cleaning the units or my yellow streaked face neck and hands., I chose the kitchen.

duck home made healthy stuff.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I made turmeric and ginger shots earlier today .

As I was straining the liquid out of the pulp I upended the bowl and tipped the entire contents over my CREAM kitchen units , splashed it all over myself and a new linen T-shirt that is now in the bin .

I couldn’t work out which was more important , cleaning the units or my yellow streaked face neck and hands., I chose the kitchen.

duck home made healthy stuff.
This reminds me of the time I didn’t realise I had spilt turmeric until it was too late and everything I’d touched was fluorescent yellow. My iPhone charging cable, cream units same as you and even the white patches on my dog were i’d stroked her! Bleach worked on everything to get it out, not on the dog obvs.

Reactions: 2
This reminds me of the time I didn’t realise I had spilt turmeric until it was too late and everything I’d touched was fluorescent yellow. My iPhone charging cable, cream units same as you and even the white patches on my dog were i’d stroked her! Bleach worked on everything to get it out, not on the dog obvs.
Kitchen cleaner worked well, dissolved the stains , they turned darker and I wiped it all clean x 25 times 🙄and I’ve got it all cleaned up , I did panic a bit , has to be said!!

Reactions: 3
Why do supermarkets move stuff around gaahhhhh?!! I know it’s to make me buy more stuff as I’ll look around and see stuff I didn’t know I wanted but it hasn’t worked today, I’ve been blindly wandering round looking for ham for about 15mins and haven’t even noticed anything else!
all it does is pee off the customer so they get fed up going in tbh

• Heart
My family were talking about doing this thing and I said I wasn't really bothered about doing it . So my husband has booked to do it and asked the teenager if they want the other slot to go. So I'm stuck with the little kids while they go off.
I would go now. I'd rather take a couple of hours out my day than be left out.

Saw Oppenheimer today at the cinema. Forked out extra money for recliner seats, IMAX experience etc. Man next to me brought out a bleeping FULL Asda carrier bag of Doritos, Pringles, crisps etc. Then a 2litre bottle of Coke. He crunched, burped and rustled his way through a three hour film. He then tried to man spread to my recliner, which is when I snapped. Muttered (I'm a big wuss really) "I bleeping think not!!!" and opened my legs so wide my mum would have had a heart attack for my "unladylike sitting". 🤬🤬🤯🤯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Saw Oppenheimer today at the cinema. Forked out extra money for recliner seats, IMAX experience etc. Man next to me brought out a bleeping FULL Asda carrier bag of Doritos, Pringles, crisps etc. Then a 2litre bottle of Coke. He crunched, burped and rustled his way through a three hour film. He then tried to man spread to my recliner, which is when I snapped. Muttered (I'm a big wuss really) "I bleeping think not!!!" and opened my legs so wide my mum would have had a heart attack for my "unladylike sitting". 🤬🤬🤯🤯
I've witnessed someone have a full on picnic at the cinema before. The noise of cans opening, the loudest crisps ever! Torture

• Wow
Reactions: 7
My teenager has spent all day in his bedroom. I asked him to come out with us earlier. "NAH, I'm going to stay here" now hes in the garden kicking a bloody ball around on the decking. Hitting the side of the house and the back doors. Bang, bang, bang. Its 9pm. He's had all day 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My family were talking about doing this thing and I said I wasn't really bothered about doing it . So my husband has booked to do it and asked the teenager if they want the other slot to go. So I'm stuck with the little kids while they go off.
I would go now. I'd rather take a couple of hours out my day than be left out.
Tldr - I find it rude to arrange to do something you know someone else wants to do without them .

I'm still fuming . My 5 year old was mentioning doing this activity and saying they wanted to try ( although they might not enjoy it) and saying they wanted to go out in daddy's car . And he's arranged it without them . Hes took holiday from work to do it without yhe little ones. And without me.
There are currently slots available, I've half tempted to book it too. Though I think the smallest child might not manage to behave for it as they will likely be uninterested.

Apparently, the teenager wanted to go . I said without everyone else? Or did the teenager just agree when you suggested it?

Last edited:
I've witnessed someone have a full on picnic at the cinema before. The noise of cans opening, the loudest crisps ever! Torture
One man took a phone call in one screening I was in! There was only three of us there though.

It was the the man with the iron heart.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I think I have the flu 😞 have never felt so bad in my life, I can barely swallow except small sips of water and capri sun then this morning (TMI soz) I have thrush too! Started my dream job 7 weeks ago and already calling in sick, it can’t look good 😞 thankfully they are the loveliest team in the world but ffs it’s so annoying! Sorry to rant, I feel a bit sorry for myself

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I think I have the flu 😞 have never felt so bad in my life, I can barely swallow except small sips of water and capri sun then this morning (TMI soz) I have thrush too! Started my dream job 7 weeks ago and already calling in sick, it can’t look good 😞 thankfully they are the loveliest team in the world but ffs it’s so annoying! Sorry to rant, I feel a bit sorry for myself
I had flu once where it was painful to swallow. Warmed up orange juice really helped.

I saw a tiktok of a girl who went and got a takeaway toby carvery and took it into the cinema! 😂😂

I never go to the cinema as I just don't find it an enjoyable experience and I just end up getting wound up by the people around me rustling, chewing, breathing loudly 😂 I think if I was trying to enjoy a film and all I could smell was a gravy dinner someone had taken in it would tip me over the edge

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I saw a tiktok of a girl who went and got a takeaway toby carvery and took it into the cinema! 😂😂

I never go to the cinema as I just don't find it an enjoyable experience and I just end up getting wound up by the people around me rustling, chewing, breathing loudly 😂 I think if I was trying to enjoy a film and all I could smell was a gravy dinner someone had taken in it would tip me over the edge
The thought of eating food off my lap makes me feel ill 😂 i cant even walk and eat. I require a table at all times to be able to eat 🙈

But yea, i really want to see barbie, and every screening even 10am is full and i just wont enjoy it with other ppl...

Reactions: 5
I feel bad about my rant because I know lot’s of people are so busy!
But I am in an industry that slows to a halt at summer - except for certain jobs. I finished my contract last week and starting to feel stressed at the days stretching full of nothing. I ummed and ahhed about applying for a summer role and finally did it. I am now realising I face a long summer of sitting at home alone because I don’t know if I will get a summer role now.
I sound ungrateful because some people would love time off, I have saved enough to last the summer, but it’s the boredom that bothers me. I suddenly feel panicked like I’m wasting everyday. My husband went away for work earlier and I’m pacing the house and garden feeling very strange.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I feel bad about my rant because I know lot’s of people are so busy!
But I am in an industry that slows to a halt at summer - except for certain jobs. I finished my contract last week and starting to feel stressed at the days stretching full of nothing. I ummed and ahhed about applying for a summer role and finally did it. I am now realising I face a long summer of sitting at home alone because I don’t know if I will get a summer role now.
I sound ungrateful because some people would love time off, I have saved enough to last the summer, but it’s the boredom that bothers me. I suddenly feel panicked like I’m wasting everyday. My husband went away for work earlier and I’m pacing the house and garden feeling very strange.
Have you thought about volunteering? There's usually a quite a lot of varied roles about and you can essentially pick and choose what you want to do.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.