What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ride a motorbike and cover it over every evening. The last few weeks when it’s been raining a cat creeps under and sits on the seat!
Every morning there is cat hair and tiny muddy paw prints that I have to clean off 😡
I have never seen said cat but I don’t have time for these shenanigans at 5:45am!
---
And just to add another rant…

I’ve just had an Uber groceries delivery because I had a £10 off code and the two things I was really looking forward to are wrong or missing 😭 sweet and salted popcorn - missing. Cadbury’s wholenut - wrong. Picked up fruit and nut instead 🤦🏻‍♀️
Awwwww, let the little kitty kat have a nap undisturbed! Also Fruit & Nut is 100 times better than wholenut

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I ride a motorbike and cover it over every evening. The last few weeks when it’s been raining a cat creeps under and sits on the seat!
Every morning there is cat hair and tiny muddy paw prints that I have to clean off 😡
I have never seen said cat but I don’t have time for these shenanigans at 5:45am!
---
I have the same issue, local cat loves the seat of my bike which is at the back of the garage.
Makes a mess of my tank as well, little bugger making the seat a comfy bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I want to rant today about people giving me the look when I say no I can't wait until he kids go back because I can't. I love them but being around them 24/7 is hard work we are skint and both still working so it's been hard so don't give me that 'why did you have kids if you don't want to look after them' bull

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I want to rant today about people giving me the look when I say no I can't wait until he kids go back because I can't. I love them but being around them 24/7 is hard work we are skint and both still working so it's been hard so don't give me that 'why did you have kids if you don't want to look after them' bull
I always remember (I think about it daily) my mum telling other mums that she put the flags out when we went back to school after the holidays. They always gave her a funny look. I don’t know if it’s because they didn’t know what she meant or (more likely) they were a bit surprised she was admitting she preferred us being in school than out 😂

Reactions: 7
I totally agree I do love my child to bits but jeez the amount of food I have got through having her at home and just taking her out/entertaining her in general is costing me a bloody fortune🤪 Of course we have had fun but I am proper skint now 🤣 I feel I have added pressure as a single mom to do things with her as her father is a waste of space 😏

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My dad's done me a birthday post on Facebook and one of his mates has written 'happy heavenly birthday'... I'm ALIVE.

How hard is it to read before commenting?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
My dad's done me a birthday post on Facebook and one of his mates has written 'happy heavenly birthday'... I'm ALIVE.

Omg :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'd have to reply something like "well thanks I guess but last time I checked I am still very much breathing" or something to that effect. What an idiot

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am 99.9% sure that ALL parents think the same 😂😂😂 anyone says otherwise is lyiinnggff

Reactions: 6
The hassle of trying to replace my car. It's an old diesel, only cost me £1300 3 years ago, runs brilliantly but as from next week every time I leave my driveway it'll cost £12.50 (thanks Sadiq Khan and the ULEZ!)

I've tried looking for a petrol version of my car, it's a bit of an OAP mobile (Vauxhall Meriva) so there are a few petrol ones with FSH, low mileage but they're all £2k, or at the other end of the country or both. Then I started looking at different model/ newer cars up to £10k but just got overwhelmed by options - and then thinking was it too much to spend? And then started on lease cars and....

Now my son is moaning because he needs to borrow the car at start of Sept to go away for the weekend (his car is on it's last legs) and I've said it'll cost him £25 in ULEZ.

I'm just done with it all at this point!

• Sad
@Lalla I feel your pain, I went through this when ULEZ was first brought in, I had to replace
2 motorcycles because they were too old, cost me 4K to replace them. Thankfully my third
bike was okay because it was a 2007 model, I bought it to replace a bike. It was pure luck
more than anything, I bought that bike before ULEZ was first proposed.

I live near the greater London area, the border is 2 miles away, one of my neighbours who
is elderly will no longer be able to use her car because it's too old. She can't afford a new
car so she is simply restricted so she's ditching the car completely.

My latest bike came from up north, mainly because most of the bikes down south are high
mileage, trying to get a low mileage bike good enough for my job is next to impossible.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Todays rant (one of many I imagine)

soft play parents. most are soooo unfriendly. why you giving me evils😡😡😡

also people that stand too close to you in the queue. you won’t get served any quicker by standing on my heels 😠

Annoyed today. Just took my little dogs out for a walk along comes a staffie walking towards us going absolutely mental trying to get towards my two and what does the owner do.. just carries on with his conversation on his phone!

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Omg :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'd have to reply something like "well thanks I guess but last time I checked I am still very much breathing" or something to that effect. What an idiot
Or it’s great up here in heaven you’ll be joining me soon the grim reaper has you on his to do list 😂

• Haha
If you can
The hassle of trying to replace my car. It's an old diesel, only cost me £1300 3 years ago, runs brilliantly but as from next week every time I leave my driveway it'll cost £12.50 (thanks Sadiq Khan and the ULEZ!)

I've tried looking for a petrol version of my car, it's a bit of an OAP mobile (Vauxhall Meriva) so there are a few petrol ones with FSH, low mileage but they're all £2k, or at the other end of the country or both. Then I started looking at different model/ newer cars up to £10k but just got overwhelmed by options - and then thinking was it too much to spend? And then started on lease cars and....

Now my son is moaning because he needs to borrow the car at start of Sept to go away for the weekend (his car is on it's last legs) and I've said it'll cost him £25 in ULEZ.

I'm just done with it all at this point!
I would recommend buying ANY Vauxhall. I find them super reliable

“Thank you… from beyond the grave. It is hot down here, please send ice cream and pina coladas”

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I got a horrible text from my cousin today who is still accusing me and my brother of 'ruining' a family holiday, and called us both social justice warriors and snowflakes.

For those who didn't see my older post; my cousins are organising a trip to Dubai and my brother (an openly gay man) is refusing to go to a country in which homosexuality is considered a serious and punishable crime. I support my brother, I'm a straight woman but I also don't want to support the economy of a homophobic country that doesn't respect human rights. if that makes me a snowflake... so be it.
Well said! I've had a similar argument in the past when someone suggested holidaying in Dubai.

I wasn't rude, I just said I didn't want to go to a country where my sexual orientation is deemed illegal. I was single at the time, so I was met with comments like "you're not going to be doing anything with men when you're there, so why do you care?" But it's the principle of it in my opinion.

I hate it when people act like caring about human rights is unreasonable. They lack a lot of self awareness. I still talk to those friends, but I have to admit my view of them changed a bit after that.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.