What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New job is beyond awful. agency say thank god you called we have a job at old company and I have no temps left. desperate to get back in there at more salary a better commute and nicer all round. A week laterdespite checking my phone every few mins still havent got back to me with an interview slot (though god only knows why ppl have stated to interview for temp jobs now, if theyre crap you can just dump and get another.) I have so much stress about this in addition to the awful new job. I can interview immediately, give them a weeks notice and be out before my awful boss comes back from his holidays. I have security clearance and know the companys old systems .. WHY is it taking so long? I should be a shoe in for the role.
---
After months of work colleagues moaning that no-one was organising a social event, I decided to do it myself and sent out an email last week with a selection of dates. How many replies do you think I’ve had? Five.

Five replies, from a group of about 30 people who repeatedly complained that we never have socials. FFS. I sent a reminder this morning but if I don’t get a decent number of replies again I’m going to bin off the whole idea.
and here is me with an invite for a team day upcoming in my new nightmare job... part of the reason is the people are awful and now I have to spend an entire day with them and they will be in touch shortly about social/fun things we can do.. I am going to need to get out of these. I am not spending time out of work hours and my own money on these ppl! Already thinking about how i can get out.. luckily I am new and they don't know me so i can use the money/long travel/child care/don't drink .. etc can anyone else come up with ways I can get out if I am still there at the end of the month?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Hormones..

I’ve put weight on over the past year or so and am struggling to get it to come back off. I used to weigh a lot more so the thought of putting weight back on is really terrifying, coupled with the fact I have loose skin and crap boobs from losing weight I just genuinely feel tit about myself

so I had a massive meltdown at my boyfriend demanding to know if he even finds me attractive (never seen a man look so terrified) and now I feel like a right twit 😂😂
I've been there ❤ I would apologise to him and tell him how you're feeling. I'm also struggling to shift my last stone whilst knowing my boobs will get even saggier once I do lose.

Hormones dont help do they. It's like being taken over by a force 😦

Reactions: 2
Ungrateful and entitled people.
I'll keep the details vague but essentially certain family members have been spoilt overtime and rather than being grateful, have become incredibly greedy and entitled and jealous when anyone else gets anything. It was a birthday recently and my partner and I bought a decent gift, however I found out after that the recipient was very disappointed, had expected a lot more and essentially said 'if I wanted tit like that I could buy that myself'. I'm so annoyed that my partner has been way too generous with these people that they now expect it and actually feel wronged that they didn't get something more extravagant. He only meant well but he has now created monsters who are jealous of everyone and everything and I feel so disappointed that our nice gesture was basically tossed aside and thought of as nothing. For reference, the present was the equivalent value of 2 days work for me so you know, it hurts that it's seen as nothing but I guess you pay the price to learn these lessons.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Ungrateful and entitled people.
I'll keep the details vague but essentially certain family members have been spoilt overtime and rather than being grateful, have become incredibly greedy and entitled and jealous when anyone else gets anything. It was a birthday recently and my partner and I bought a decent gift, however I found out after that the recipient was very disappointed, had expected a lot more and essentially said 'if I wanted tit like that I could buy that myself'. I'm so annoyed that my partner has been way too generous with these people that they now expect it and actually feel wronged that they didn't get something more extravagant. He only meant well but he has now created monsters who are jealous of everyone and everything and I feel so disappointed that our nice gesture was basically tossed aside and thought of as nothing. For reference, the present was the equivalent value of 2 days work for me so you know, it hurts that it's seen as nothing but I guess you pay the price to learn these lessons.
Are they close family members and you have to associate with them? If not, I would've told themselves in no uncertain terms to go duck themselves for being so ungrateful. Next time buy them something really disrespectful, like a 2-way plug adapter or one of those really tacky, flashing novelty lighters from a poundshop 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Are they close family members and you have to associate with them? If not, I would've told themselves in no uncertain terms to go duck themselves for being so ungrateful. Next time buy them something really disrespectful, like a 2-way plug adapter or one of those really tacky, flashing novelty lighters from a poundshop 😁
In-laws *eye roll*. The thing is it's less about me and more about their relationship with my partner, so even though I am feeling disrespected it's more to do with them expecting so much from him and the one time he didn't do it because he's finally learning how ungrateful they are, they react like this. Think I'm a bit caught in the crossfire but nonetheless, my feelings are valid and it has left me feeling annoyed.

Reactions: 4
New job is beyond awful. agency say thank god you called we have a job at old company and I have no temps left. desperate to get back in there at more salary a better commute and nicer all round. A week laterdespite checking my phone every few mins still havent got back to me with an interview slot (though god only knows why ppl have stated to interview for temp jobs now, if theyre crap you can just dump and get another.) I have so much stress about this in addition to the awful new job. I can interview immediately, give them a weeks notice and be out before my awful boss comes back from his holidays. I have security clearance and know the companys old systems .. WHY is it taking so long? I should be a shoe in for the role.
---

and here is me with an invite for a team day upcoming in my new nightmare job... part of the reason is the people are awful and now I have to spend an entire day with them and they will be in touch shortly about social/fun things we can do.. I am going to need to get out of these. I am not spending time out of work hours and my own money on these ppl! Already thinking about how i can get out.. luckily I am new and they don't know me so i can use the money/long travel/child care/don't drink .. etc can anyone else come up with ways I can get out if I am still there at the end of the month?
Totally get where you’re coming from! I hate enforced fun too. The thing I’m trying to organise is because we used to have a curry night but people said they were fed up with it. Someone suggested a bbq at our site which is a really nice location and people seemed up for it but then it never got organised so I stepped in and now no-one’s replying. Fair enough if they don’t want to go to a work do but I genuinely thought people were up for it and it would have been super informal.

Reactions: 4
I know it's the school holidays but if you're taking your very young kids shopping, there is no need for them to be on a bike or playing with a football.

Teach your kids how to behave in shops. They really don't need to entertained every single second of the day. The supermarket is not a playground.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Training up a new girl this week at work. It was her first day on Monday and she's already called in sick today. Doesn't bode well and probably going to have to spend another week training someone new and wasting time on that instead...

ETA: I'm only a bit annoyed because I'm not a hugely social person and I've been SO nice and patient with her to the point where I've drained myself doing so, it's all internal annoyance at me really

• Wow
Reactions: 7
There's a new cafe opened locally and they have toys for the kids . I took my little ones today and they were closing soon . I checked the opening times online prior to going and it said they were open longer. So i just got a couple of fruit shoots for the kids and didn't get any for me cos I didn't think it was worth it to have to rush. So potentially I would have probably spent at least a fiver more .
Anyway the lady came up to me and said my card payment hadn't gone through. I paid cash .
I wasn't that impressed with the whole experience. I won't be surprised when they go out of business.

Then the kids were really naughty after so I just think what is the point in trying to do anything nice.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Men drivers again ! Pulling up to some traffic lights and they had just turned to green so I accelerated and set off. Blaring horn to my left and a small sporty looking car is bearing down on me, he must have jumped the lights just as they were turning red. I floored the car to get out of the way, fortunately I was at the front of the queue so no danger of rear ending someone.
On the way home on the country roads I come up behind a van following a tractor. Screech of brakes and a cloud of dust and a car comes past me going like a rocket. The drivers realises he can’t get past me, the van and the tractor so forces me to slam on while he tries to pull in infront of me.
I’m slowly starting to hate driving 😞

Reactions: 3
I know it's the school holidays but if you're taking your very young kids shopping, there is no need for them to be on a bike or playing with a football.

Teach your kids how to behave in shops. They really don't need to entertained every single second of the day. The supermarket is not a playground.
Yes! Was in a shop one evening recently where kids were playing hide and seek. Tearing around at high speed.
It's a SHOP not a bleeping playground.

Also saw it while in lockdown and my local grocery shop had announcements playing, encouraging us to shop alone and basically get in and get out as fast as possible.
An entire family arrived, complete with dolls, dolls buggies and I think I have blanked out the rest from my memory. 😡

Reactions: 9
Men drivers again ! Pulling up to some traffic lights and they had just turned to green so I accelerated and set off. Blaring horn to my left and a small sporty looking car is bearing down on me, he must have jumped the lights just as they were turning red. I floored the car to get out of the way, fortunately I was at the front of the queue so no danger of rear ending someone.
On the way home on the country roads I come up behind a van following a tractor. Screech of brakes and a cloud of dust and a car comes past me going like a rocket. The drivers realises he can’t get past me, the van and the tractor so forces me to slam on while he tries to pull in infront of me.
Sounds like it must have been quite scary for you on both occasions

Training up a new girl this week at work. It was her first day on Monday and she's already called in sick today. Doesn't bode well and probably going to have to spend another week training someone new and wasting time on that instead...

ETA: I'm only a bit annoyed because I'm not a hugely social person and I've been SO nice and patient with her to the point where I've drained myself doing so, it's all internal annoyance at me really
Update: she handed in her resignation. I'm grumpy because it means my promotion is delayed until we find someone new. It's like selfish annoyance if that makes sense? 😅

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Join the club 🙄🤷☹

Yes why are kids constantly being entertained? My nephew is always with his 3 year old trying to play games. What happened to plonking them into a playpen and letting them get on with it? 70s style? 😂

Reactions: 6
Yes why are kids constantly being entertained? My nephew is always with his 3 year old trying to play games. What happened to plonking them into a playpen and letting them get on with it? 70s style? 😂
You're talking my language there. 😂

I was a latch key kid. I had the key to the house when I was 8. Let myself in after school. I developed a very vivid imagination.

Now, I'm not advocating a return to that 🤪 but I do find it very sad that children seem to have to be constantly stimulated these days. It doesn't matter whether it's in a shop or a restaurant. There is always some sort of device on the go. They can last an hour or so in the supermarket without watching Peppa Pig or taking a bike/scooter into a supermarket.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Job interviews. Recently graduated and after lots of rejections I have an interview tomorrow - not the best job or pay but I’m really hoping I get it as I’m running out of £ 🤣🥲🤞🏼 SO NERVOUS it’s my first full time job interview!!!
Just wanted to update you guys that I had my interview yesterday and was offered the position this morning😊 really pleased! Like I said, not the job or pay I wanted or know I can get but it’s a foot in the door and my first full time role😃 proud of myself, although I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t crapping myself with anxiety over the thought of long 12 hour shift patterns and night shifts🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Just wanted to update you guys that I had my interview yesterday and was offered the position this morning😊 really pleased! Like I said, not the job or pay I wanted or know I can get but it’s a foot in the door and my first full time role😃 proud of myself, although I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t crapping myself with anxiety over the thought of long 12 hour shift patterns and night shifts🙃
Congrats!

• Heart
Get yourself some proper work experience for your CV then you can apply for anything.

It always helps when you can give real work experience answers in interviews. The old 'give me an example of when you had to .... '

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.