What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a tiktok of a girl who went and got a takeaway toby carvery and took it into the cinema! 😂😂

I never go to the cinema as I just don't find it an enjoyable experience and I just end up getting wound up by the people around me rustling, chewing, breathing loudly 😂 I think if I was trying to enjoy a film and all I could smell was a gravy dinner someone had taken in it would tip me over the edge
i didnt even know Toby Carvery did takeaway until the previously mentioned fly tipper at no 7 brought one home in my sight and then the next day dumped the bag in her usual rubbish spot
---
I feel bad about my rant because I know lot’s of people are so busy!
But I am in an industry that slows to a halt at summer - except for certain jobs. I finished my contract last week and starting to feel stressed at the days stretching full of nothing. I ummed and ahhed about applying for a summer role and finally did it. I am now realising I face a long summer of sitting at home alone because I don’t know if I will get a summer role now.
I sound ungrateful because some people would love time off, I have saved enough to last the summer, but it’s the boredom that bothers me. I suddenly feel panicked like I’m wasting everyday. My husband went away for work earlier and I’m pacing the house and garden feeling very strange.
this is so me. I hate weekends and holidays its just wasted time feeling bored af. Hope you find work or something to occupy themselves

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Been a massive ball of anxiety today for no particular reason (probably not helped by the big cappuccino and iced coffee I’ve had) but not helped by being in the gym and wanting to get on that Inbody scale thing (the one that measures your fat percentage etc) and this older guy just stood there creepily watching me right next to it. Because he wouldn’t move and kept standing there smiling I asked him twice if he wanted to use it, no no he said. I took my shoes/socks off and got on it and could just FEEL him standing really close behind me still staring. At this point I’m wondering if he has a foot fetish or something? No other reason for him to be hanging around. I finish on the scale and start cleaning it and he says “Ooh are you meant to clean it?” I say “I think so” and assume that’s the end of that awkward encounter, he then asks me “And, have you lost any weight?” while still smiling. I’m taken aback and don’t know what to say so say “Yes a bit” and then he’s asking me how the scale works etc. I managed to get away while he was looking at the scale but FFS why can’t men just let women bleeping BE without being total creepy bastards. A tale as old as time. He made me feel so uncomfortable and I wish I had the balls to tell creeps like him to just duck off and leave me alone but when on the spot like that I never know what to do or say.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
why do call centres outsource to other countries?! It’s so frustrating. I’m obviously never rude to the person on the other end of the phone because it is so hard to learn other languages & they’re only doing their job but why should I have to exercise patience whilst having to go over my postcode three times and explain it all in basic English when I’m already seething and calling to make a complaint, it makes me feel bad because I know other people also calling to complain will not be so kind. Fxck greedy companies and their fat arsed CEOs!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Was almost in an accident coming back from town there because a woman was in the wrong lane and nearly rammed into the side of me! Never had to emergency brake so hard in my 10 years of driving😖

It’s so annoying because a worrying amount of drivers use the wrong lanes on the road I was on. It can be a little confusing if you’re new to it but each lane is clearly marked! It’s a two lane which turns into a four lane as it approaches the roundabout. The two lanes on the left are for turning left onto another two lane road and the right two are for going straight ahead to the roundabout.

If people just took a split second to look down at the markings on the road, incidents like this could be avoided (and my stomach wouldn’t be in my arse).

Reactions: 6
Was almost in an accident coming back from town there because a woman was in the wrong lane and nearly rammed into the side of me! Never had to emergency brake so hard in my 10 years of driving😖

It’s so annoying because a worrying amount of drivers use the wrong lanes on the road I was on. It can be a little confusing if you’re new to it but each lane is clearly marked! It’s a two lane which turns into a four lane as it approaches the roundabout. The two lanes on the left are for turning left onto another two lane road and the right two are for going straight ahead to the roundabout.

If people just took a split second to look down at the markings on the road, incidents like this could be avoided (and my stomach wouldn’t be in my arse).
Its the confidence that ppl make these moves which is the problem. Anyone can be in the wrong lane but the right way to deal with it is either indicate and wait for someone to let you in - if safe to do so on that type or road OR continue down the wrong route and reroute/turn around.

They all seem to realise they've made a mistake and then try to correct it without considering there could be ANY other road users!

Its the confidence that ppl make these moves which is the problem. Anyone can be in the wrong lane but the right way to deal with it is either indicate and wait for someone to let you in - if safe to do so on that type or road OR continue down the wrong route and reroute/turn around.

They all seem to realise they've made a mistake and then try to correct it without considering there could be ANY other road users!
You’re spot on. It also shows she didn’t even look in her mirror before moving into my lane otherwise she would’ve seen I was there! I do think she thought she was in the correct lane and didn’t realise she’d made a mistake until I beeped at her. Hopefully next time she’ll at least ‘mirror, signal, manoeuvre’ 😑

Reactions: 1

Eeekkkk. Hope you’re ok. Fucks me off that people just change lanes without a thought for anyone else😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫

My rant today
It’s the start of the summer hols so I’m at home now til Sept with my 18 month old. Husband seems to think now I’m here he doesn’t have to lift a finger? Usually it’s difficult enough getting him to do anything useful but now I’m here all day every day he hasn’t done a thing since the weekend. Hoping the next 6 weeks aren’t going to be like this. It’s 7.15pm he’s still not taken the dog out, claims to forget 😡 mr useless

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Been a massive ball of anxiety today for no particular reason (probably not helped by the big cappuccino and iced coffee I’ve had) but not helped by being in the gym and wanting to get on that Inbody scale thing (the one that measures your fat percentage etc) and this older guy just stood there creepily watching me right next to it. Because he wouldn’t move and kept standing there smiling I asked him twice if he wanted to use it, no no he said. I took my shoes/socks off and got on it and could just FEEL him standing really close behind me still staring. At this point I’m wondering if he has a foot fetish or something? No other reason for him to be hanging around. I finish on the scale and start cleaning it and he says “Ooh are you meant to clean it?” I say “I think so” and assume that’s the end of that awkward encounter, he then asks me “And, have you lost any weight?” while still smiling. I’m taken aback and don’t know what to say so say “Yes a bit” and then he’s asking me how the scale works etc. I managed to get away while he was looking at the scale but FFS why can’t men just let women bleeping BE without being total creepy bastards. A tale as old as time. He made me feel so uncomfortable and I wish I had the balls to tell creeps like him to just duck off and leave me alone but when on the spot like that I never know what to do or say.
THIS. I hate when weird creepy men just stand around watching it’s such a bizarre trait. They act like you’re not a normal person just like them gives me such psycho stalker vibes.

• Heart
Eeekkkk. Hope you’re ok. Fucks me off that people just change lanes without a thought for anyone else😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫

My rant today
It’s the start of the summer hols so I’m at home now til Sept with my 18 month old. Husband seems to think now I’m here he doesn’t have to lift a finger? Usually it’s difficult enough getting him to do anything useful but now I’m here all day every day he hasn’t done a thing since the weekend. Hoping the next 6 weeks aren’t going to be like this. It’s 7.15pm he’s still not taken the dog out, claims to forget 😡 mr useless
I hear you. Mine are at primary school and spend some of the summer at different clubs, play dates etc all organised by me. He's done nothing, I've sent him emails with details of where he has to help with transport when I can't be in two places at once. If i just tell him he won't remember. He literally has to commit to being available for about an hour on 4 days all summer but apparently this is such a massive ask. He goes on and on about how disruptive this is and how accommodating he is being. His work is really flexible and he mostly works from home. He just doesn't want to do anything. And breathe...

Reactions: 5
My car wouldn’t start earlier. 😩 I paid half of the money for a weekend away a few weeks ago and will get a lump sum in my pay this month, but I’m hoping all of that money won’t be eaten up with car repairs. So frustrating that things go wrong when I try to do something nice for myself.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
People posting on my fb random RIP to celebrities! It's not like they're going to be bloody reading them!!!

Reactions: 8
Bloody work !

We are currently discussing on our work online communication system how we can communicate more efficiently. It’s been decided by little miss “pick me” that we will have a communication book in the work place, so that we can communicate things to each other. I don’t think they do irony 🙄

Just something else for people to forget to fill in. They can’t be bothered filling in the paperwork we already have, or use the online communications to pass on info. Why do they have to complicate things 😡

• Haha
Bloody work !

We are currently discussing on our work online communication system how we can communicate more efficiently. It’s been decided by little miss “pick me” that we will have a communication book in the work place, so that we can communicate things to each other. I don’t think they do irony 🙄

Just something else for people to forget to fill in. They can’t be bothered filling in the paperwork we already have, or use the online communications to pass on info. Why do they have to complicate things 😡
Theres a woman at my work who i hate because she wants everything on a spreadsheet. If you fill in a spreadsheet its almost guaranteed theres another spreadsheet to complete that youve filled in the initial spreadsheet. Shes an absolute pain in the arse

Theres a woman at my work who i hate because she wants everything on a spreadsheet. If you fill in a spreadsheet its almost guaranteed theres another spreadsheet to complete that youve filled in the initial spreadsheet. Shes an absolute pain in the arse
I know what you mean 😭
This is exactly what “pick me” is like. She doesn’t even work with my client, she’s an admin person, but she keeps poking her nose in for brownie points !

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I know what you mean 😭
This is exactly what “pick me” is like. She doesn’t even work with my client, she’s an admin person, but she keeps poking her nose it for brownie points !
to be fair as an "admin person" quite often you get set stupid objectives or have to comply with company goals which you have to go out of your way to try and fulfill. its a role that is hard to quantify in results and objectives so we have to do all we can to try and add value/come up with things.. not saying shes not a pain though.. she could well just be annoying

to be fair as an "admin person" quite often you get set stupid objectives or have to comply with company goals which you have to go out of your way to try and fulfill. its a role that is hard to quantify in results and objectives so we have to do all we can to try and add value/come up with things.. not saying shes not a pain though.. she could well just be annoying
She’s very annoying, people have left because of her sticking her oar in to other departments. She’s supposed to do filing and paperwork and supplies ordering. She did do our job for a bit but decided that she would be better off in the office (where she can pretend she’s a manager)
She’s a narcissist.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Bloody work !

We had one of these and someone wrote a comment from a different celebrity ginger every day we had Cilla, Sarah Ferguson, Eddie Reader. It didn't last long.

Wait til no one's looking and go write 'This idea is tit'.

• Haha
We had one of these and someone wrote a comment from a different celebrity ginger every day we had Cilla, Sarah Ferguson, Eddie Reader. It didn't last long.

Wait til no one's looking and go write 'This idea is tit'.
I would love to, but we are lone working so they would know who had been there and when.
This is the same woman who wanted me to audit everyone else for no extra pay.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
My rant for today and you might want to strap in for this one.

First of all I need to caveat this one with some context. I am mentally ill, properly diagnosed by a psychiatrist. I am diagnosed with cyclothymia, agoraphobia, GAD and BPD. Yesterday was my daughters graduation and I was determined to go to it, despite not leaving my home for about 4 years (apart from walking the dog around the block, early every morning for 15mins). We had to get a coach and cabs to get there which was extremely stressful for me but I was so looking forward to seeing my girl graduate and to spend the day with her.

We were walking back from the graduation, just chatting and enjoying the time together and some cunty "content creators" decided to come up to us, filming away asking what our dreams were. My husband said, not interested and he left him alone. Then he started on my daughter and her boyfriend, getting in their faces asking what their dreams were. My daughter was a bit embarrassed but tried to laugh it off but her body language was clear that she didn't want to talk to them, she then said no thanks, and tried to keep on walking. This bleep kept on at them, shoving a mike under her nose saying, "go on, tell me your dreams and i'll make them come true"
I don't know where it came from, probably just from the stress of the day and the fact we were in a big crowd trying to get through the hordes (it was Brighton sea front so pretty busy) but I just bleeping lost it. I shouted at him "WILL YOU JUST duck OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE! SHE SAID SHE'S NOT INTERESTED AND NOW duck OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE" I think I said something else after, I may have called him a bleep but can't remember because in the moment I was just so angry that her special day was being invaded by cunts who are just bothering people and using them to make monetised content.

I absolutely loathe content creators who film people in public, without their consent and who will not take no for an answer. I see my daughter so rarely because she has a job, her own flat with her boyfriend and obviously just recently finished a university degree, plus she lives a couple of hours away so any time I get to see her is precious, I just want to catch up and enjoy the time. I also don't want to be on film because I am fat, middle aged and trying to hold it together in an extremely stressful situation for me.

I woke up today absolutely mortified at the way I just lost it and I'm terrified I am going to end up going viral as a deranged Karen :( So if you see a short, fat, red headed, middle aged woman on social media anywhere having a melt down, it was me and please don't let me know as I am already in hell over it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.