What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People wishing happy birthday on FB to people that can't read it.

On my late husband's birthday people posted on his FB and I bet they judged me for not. He's not going to bleeping read it he's dead.

My dead husband's sister wishes happy birthday to our kids on his Facebook timeline, but doesn't send them a card! Make make sense.

People wishing my infant nephew happy birthday on his mum's Facebook page, he's not going to read it, he can't bleeping read.
That is so tough, I'm sorry you're going through that.

I was once asked by the pet crematorium if I wanted to send a card for my cat. Jesus, she couldn't read when she was alive!

---

My rant is that I've been volunteering at a few old peoples' homes, and everyone is so bleeping rude to me. I've been shouted at for not cleaning things that I have absolutely cleaned spotless, I have been told that someone is going to slip and break their neck because I mopped the floor, I've been accused of stealing. I get that some of these people probably have early stage dementia, but it's been horrible for me nonetheless. I genuinely think I will give it up, because it's too bad for my welfare to be treated like this when I'm unpaid and trying to do something nice for people. Yesterday I went in and someone had left a note that said: "CLEANER!!! CLEAN UNDER SOFAS AND HOOVER RUGS, PLEASE!" Jesus. They've had dozens of hours of unpaid labour from me, they're in a poor position to all caps me! And the only time I didn't clean under the sofas was last week when my endometriosis was too bad to bend down or haul heavy furniture around.

Also my workplace has two toilets and both of them are almost un-useable. One has had the seat totally broken off and the other literally comes off the wall a bit when you sit down!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I know exactly what you mean. I dropped a friend like that.
She wouldn't be in touch for ages and then I would know she was bored, maybe on a long train journey or something when I would hear from her again.

There were other reasons why our friendship didn't last but that was a factor.
Struggling with this atm with a close friend.

She suffers with mental health so we are patient and gentle, but she claims she "doesn't go on her phone" or it "overwhelms her", however I know full well she messages her best friend in the US 24/7. It's causing a real rift in our friendship group as people are starting to take sides - finding it very stressful being stuck in the middle of it all!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
New build property and yet another snag ffs they’ve still not got back to me for the other 2 I have raised 😠! This time it’s my fridge freezer that is noisy! Called engineer who kindly informed me it’s not been installed correctly (botched job basically)! Meanwhile nothing is staying cold and having to throw food away so to say I’m pissed off is an understatement! And now they don’t appear to answer the phone so I’ve just sent them a snotty email 😤

• Angry
Reactions: 5
That is so tough, I'm sorry you're going through that.

I was once asked by the pet crematorium if I wanted to send a card for my cat. Jesus, she couldn't read when she was alive!

---

My rant is that I've been volunteering at a few old peoples' homes, and everyone is so bleeping rude to me. I've been shouted at for not cleaning things that I have absolutely cleaned spotless, I have been told that someone is going to slip and break their neck because I mopped the floor, I've been accused of stealing. I get that some of these people probably have early stage dementia, but it's been horrible for me nonetheless. I genuinely think I will give it up, because it's too bad for my welfare to be treated like this when I'm unpaid and trying to do something nice for people. Yesterday I went in and someone had left a note that said: "CLEANER!!! CLEAN UNDER SOFAS AND HOOVER RUGS, PLEASE!" Jesus. They've had dozens of hours of unpaid labour from me, they're in a poor position to all caps me! And the only time I didn't clean under the sofas was last week when my endometriosis was too bad to bend down or haul heavy furniture around.

Also my workplace has two toilets and both of them are almost un-useable. One has had the seat totally broken off and the other literally comes off the wall a bit when you sit down!
Life is too short to volunteer somewhere and be treated badly. Hopefully somewhere else will appreciate your time and efforts. To volunteer is a selfless thing to do but you deserve to be treated with respect when you do.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm ranting because we have had NO MAIL in a week now, I'm glad the NHS texted me informing
me of a follow up appointment via the patient hub. Post is so unreliable these days.:mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks for a letter from the job centre that I can see from my living room. I got a letter saying my tablet was being cut off about a week prior to me receiving the actual letter.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
People who can't ever seem to form their own opinion and change their likes/dislikes depending on who they're with. Just be your own person!
I know someone who changes his entire personality based on the people he thinks can help him most in work.
Where we worked it was all Man united supporters, so he did a crash course on that to act like he was a superfan.
We got a new big boss who was into Rugby so next thing you know he is all about Rugby.
His current company is American based and he is all about "the states" now.
I watched him do an about turn in real life and its quite amazing to see.
At this point I dont think he knows his own likes and dislikes.

Reactions: 9
My mum is so hateful. She has nothing nice to say about anyone or anything. She doesn't have a maternal bone in her body. Never says anything nice to my children. She always has to be right and will argue to death, even when she's wrong. Usually I just roll my eyes and ignore her but today I wasn't letting her off, even showed her video proof that I was right and all she said was Oh 😆
She's only late 50s but has bad knees so uses a walking stick. Her and my Dad are like 90 years old, set in their ways. Dad just does whatever she says. My brothers barely speak to her, my sister is always working or busy so barely sees her. But shes so hateful. You never feel welcome in her house. Has never, ever said she I love you or im proud of you, well done, or anything. Even when we were children. I always feel guilty and take her shopping but always come away thinking why do I bother.
I've just text my husband and said we should move away, right to the deep countryside 😆

Will do everything I can not to be like her!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
T.O.M cramps are REAL. I realllly want to eat the whole bag of cheese and onion kettle crisps that are in the cupboard, they are calling me. But I desperately want to lose as close to 3 stone as possible before the year is out. I just stood in my underwear infront of the mirror. I'm drinking a pepsi max with lots of ice instead 🥲
Pepsi Max is elite though. I also feel tha pain of wanting to eat all the crappy foods when it’s T.O.M and wanting to loose weight. Not sure why I can’t crave healthy food like carrot sticks instead of chocolate brownies or cake

Reactions: 1
Hello and welcome to Micromanagement Monday. My Line Manager who is not the exec I work for has contacted me at least 5 times today as I wfh on petty little tit like telling me i need to send an email, have i had a handover note from one of my really busy colleagues who she was already informed will send it by COB late tonight and the most insulting one..oh I notice you haven't set up a sig file. do you know how to do it? here are instructions..

I am 55 yrs old. My last role was working for a Senior Director at the Bank of England. Do you SERIOUSLY think I'd have lasted almost a yr if I didn't? Lets leave out the fact that my Line Manager herself doesnt have a sig file..I don't email anyone anyway as a PA there is no need to..

This is the Line Manager who went ballistic the other week because I wasn't at my desk when she sent a Teams message - because i was in the toilet at the time!!!!

Ever considered that the main reason I haven't bothered to set up a sig file at the start was because I had hoped I would be out of here by now and went home crying on the first day?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My mum is so hateful. She has nothing nice to say about anyone or anything. She doesn't have a maternal bone in her body. Never says anything nice to my children. She always has to be right and will argue to death, even when she's wrong. Usually I just roll my eyes and ignore her but today I wasn't letting her off, even showed her video proof that I was right and all she said was Oh 😆
She's only late 50s but has bad knees so uses a walking stick. Her and my Dad are like 90 years old, set in their ways. Dad just does whatever she says. My brothers barely speak to her, my sister is always working or busy so barely sees her. But shes so hateful. You never feel welcome in her house. Has never, ever said she I love you or im proud of you, well done, or anything. Even when we were children. I always feel guilty and take her shopping but always come away thinking why do I bother.
I've just text my husband and said we should move away, right to the deep countryside 😆

Will do everything I can not to be like her!
Can't you just cut 'em off?

Reactions: 4
When companies don't do refunds

I was due to go to a concert on Friday on my own, but due to my kidney stones happening again I don't want to risk going as I'm in alot of pain right now and if something happened to me I'd be on my own.

I'd booked it after I healed from the first lot of kidney stones thinking that between May and August I'd be fine. But part of me doesn't want to lose £40, I also don't want to risk it having just come back out of hospital.

I could try and sell my ticket but there's no guarantee.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have my first ever driving lesson today at 6pm, I reminded my boyfriend several times of this and told him to make sure he’s home from work on time because the dog can’t be left alone. It’s 5:25 and I can see on find my friend he’s still in the office and he works a half an hour drive away. I’ve text him and he hasn’t replied, if he left now he’d get back with a 5 minute gap but am I being unreasonable to think leaving a 5 minute leeway for traffic is pushing it too tight for something as important as my first driving lesson?

A continuation of my last whinge 😂
No motivation and no energy when I do anything. No films as I fall asleep, same with reading a book. Can't remember ever feeling energetic at all in my whole lifetime 🙁

• Heart
  • Sad
A continuation of my last whinge 😂
No motivation and no energy when I do anything. No films as I fall asleep, same with reading a book. Can't remember ever feeling energetic at all in my whole lifetime 🙁
same/ tbh this role I have been ranting about is giving me sleepless nights and nightmares I haven't slept properly in weeks since just before i started/ I am so tired all I do is fall asleep watching tv because I am too tired to read and Its even affecting mentally. I'm usually a highly organised PA and when i got groceries today for the first time ever I ended up forgetting to pick something up.. which makes me rant even more because after suffering a 6k pay cut even the £1.05 I lost on said item I can't afford.

Hope you find rest soon <3

• Sad
Reactions: 3
people on social media that say something like; I've just moved into a flat/house has anyone got any spare beds, fridges, tables, sofas
like wtf this is begging at its best. Buy your own stuff ffs

• Wow
Reactions: 20
People wishing happy birthday on FB to people that can't read it.

On my late husband's birthday people posted on his FB and I bet they judged me for not. He's not going to bleeping read it he's dead.

My dead husband's sister wishes happy birthday to our kids on his Facebook timeline, but doesn't send them a card! Make make sense.

People wishing my infant nephew happy birthday on his mum's Facebook page, he's not going to read it, he can't bleeping read.
I hear you BUT I'd just like to add that I send my dad messages a few time a year he passed in 2012. It's normally when I think of him or miss him.

He also get's people writing on his wall that clearly still think he's alive
---
Exact reason I stopped volunteering at the winter night shelter. Some of the people were complaining about the food because I couldn't find the salt and not in a nice manner. I got annoyed and said something and was then reminded by the people in charge we have to treat our "guests" with dignity. Well what about me? Do I not deserve a semblance of dignity? Why should I be spoken to like tit because they are homeless.

I never went back.
---
Just wanted to add I did find that, where I live specifically, a lot of the homeless people who used the service seemed very ungrateful for what we were doing. But I did think it was fostered by the people in charge of the shelter as we weren't allowed to be critical or stand up for ourselves

Last edited:
people on social media that say something like; I've just moved into a flat/house has anyone got any spare beds, fridges, tables, sofas
like wtf this is begging at its best. Buy your own stuff ffs
omg that really gets on my nerves too !
or someone posts in behalf of a 'friend' needing this that and the other for their new flat!.
we have a local eco page where people list stuff away for free, things like kids toy's, small furniture items, balloon arches that would do someone having event next day etc but theres a few members who repeatedly post asking for specific items ..go and buy them yourself !
Lots of people tell them thats not how the page works - its for people to list stuff they want to get rid of its not a 'wish list' !
it's just begging in my opinion and i bet a lot of it is sold on!

Reactions: 12
I find the very late in the day baby related pleas irritating.

"I'm due to give birth next week to my little prince / princess and need a cot, baby grows, perfect prep, steriliser, sheets, nursing chair, jumperoo and a personalised hooded towel (etc) preferably all brand new or excellent condition, thanks 🙏."

duck off mate.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
My Monday rant is travellers. Our estate is over run with them in the summer and they are absolutely vile. They steal from the local shops, literally crap in full view of people on the side of the roads and are intimidating people who have to walk past them.

Since I've moved to the UK, I have yet to see travellers who move around who take care of the area and don't cause havoc. Am I being lied too? Does anybody have experience of travellers who cleaned up behind themselves and weren't absolute knobs?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.