Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

If i told you …

VIP Member
The clothing firm Sosander! They have had my returned dress now for two weeks. Still awaiting a refund! Also not even replying to any emails 🤬.

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Don't suppose we have any legal/HR experts on here? If a role changes significantly from what you were told at interview and before accepting offer and signing contract , would you be in deep shizz if you turned round and withdrew? Reason being my new role yet again (sorry if i sound like a broken record at this stage) I applied for this role because all indications were that this company paid more for the equivalent to my last job. When it came to interview I was told about the role , what it would be, their hybrid working rules , dress code etc.On accepting at offer stage i was aware that the role would be several thousand less then my previous and that the commute would be a lengthy nightmare but I was inclined to suck it up for a year or so (the amount of time they make you wait before applying for another internal role) as I'm told promotion prospects are good and the people seemed ok.

About a week before I am due to start I get informed that I will be working under a different manager/for a different exec than i interviewed with and yesterday I get informed that on my first day I will be informed of dress code, hybrid working rules etc. (Never a good sign when a man wants to tell you about these thing as they tend to be more rigid)I have already checked this with HR prior to signing and they seemed reasonable - 2 days per week in office, rest WFH/hybrid and a fairl smart casual dress code - pretty similar to my previous employer. I cannot afford to buy more clothes or attend more than the minimum (especially not with such a huge wage cut) and I am very wary of the fact that this might be them doing another 180 and shanghaing me into terms i never agreed with that i would not have accepted.Seeing as they have already done me over about who i would be working with. The area is dangerous also as I discovered when doing a recce of office location and definitely not somewhere i feel comfortable when it gets dark later in the year (TBH i feel unsafe during the day).Also the role has changed from what it was described as at interview and become more of a step backwards in my career progression.

I am wondering if i would be within my rights to say the job wasnt what it said on the tin/not what i signed up for and withdraw or if I would be sued for breach of contract

Zenchick101

VIP Member
as someone who has just started a job where it took them 2months to decide they want me, then had to get permission to make me an offer and has just started after applying in February.. i am hearing everyone on this thread. plus apparently they were desperate for someone but i just found not only were they taking their time, The last person left a yr ago

If they want you they can offer straight away or soon after interviews have finished. It's ludicrous.

I won't be wasting that much time when i get out (because i was sold a complete dud of a role)
---

the ad for i think its Airbnb i get on all my YT videos . zoom in zoom out whatdigga whadiggs what dja got owww
Agreed, in my case what I find odd is that they removed the role really quickly from linked in, but now this is taking forever?

VIP Member
My not so nice neighbours, weeds growing out of their DRAINS!! They haven't been bothered
to pull them out. Last week a family member come and mowed the lawn because the man of
the house is a lazy fucker.

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
I get my result for my maths exam next week, I know I failed. The exam was awful the questions were the worst - I'd revised for over a month with the stuff I was told too but when the exam started the questions there was nothing like I'd revised. I put an answer in every box and tried to put workings out but we will see.

I have been trying for 5 years to get into nursing now, 2 years of Access course over covid - given a predicted grade, so i went to uni through clearing came out with a 2:1 hoping they'd take me for nursing with that great grade, I took a maths exam in March but failed by 2 points sat it with sepsis and kidney stones. So I paid £140 to take an online one.

But the universities have to have a maths grade of some sort, if I don't get in this September I have to reapply for next Sept which will be another year. I don't want to have to find a job for year, I have worked so hard and all that is stopping me is maths - even when I did a whole module for maths nursing in my access which I passed.

You'd think the amount of effort I'd put in would mean something with the need for nurses!
So sorry 😞

I’m not really up with requirements for nursing training these days. Is there an apprentice nurse scheme, or nursing associate that you can apply for that doesn’t have such rigid requirements? I always thought that common sense and a caring attitude were the biggest attributes required to be a nurse.

Mamacita

VIP Member
its not illegal, it's bloody annoying though when it happens to you. I run a couple of selling groups and often someone comes on and puts something quite valuable for free or a low price and I will advise them to take it off and find out its value even if there are 30 comments asking for it and offers accepted, people rant and rave and report to FB but no laws to say you cannot change your mind. Even shops don't have to sell you something at the price on show, if they don't want to or realise a mistake was made.
That's what I thought! Definitely annoying though, I just always assume buying or selling anything in FB marketplace is going to be a pain, heard too many bad stories

Where have you been?! This has been all over social media and tattle. Daily Fail website. It’s Catherine Tyldesley
Oops, sorry 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣 I’ve been living under a rock. I come alive at night so just catching up on all the latest. I had to even google who this woman was. Madness. Thanks for letting me know.

VIP Member
I’m really suffering with my tastebuds because of chemotherapy. That pile of swill on the table all mixed up is literally making me heave. Bet it was all still there the next morning stinking the place out.
I might have a solution for you if you reply here.