What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No it's not just because that website is American and they're talking about US sizes.

I personally know someone signed up to this UK agency.

This lady is listed under the CURVE category on the first page:

1691404245890.png

1691404199241.png

---
Anyone can be whatever size they want. but it's not hate speech to point out that as now as 63.5% of adults in England are categorized as being overweight or living with obesity. This will distort our perception of what is seen as large and plus sized.

Clothing shops want to sell clothes and simply will cater to those sizes.

---
Anyone can be whatever size they want. but it's not hate speech to point out that as now as 63.5% of adults in England are categorized as being overweight or living with obesity. This will distort our perception of what is seen as large and plus sized.

Clothing shops want to sell clothes and simply will cater to those sizes.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I think the point of OP’s rant was that regardless of what the raging misogynists who run the modeling industry try to tell us about what counts as “plus size”, that model is clearly not even overweight. Her collar bones are visible and she practically has abs…

I always thought that the whole point of having a plus size clothing range was to provide nice, well fitting clothes to people who fall out of the standard 6-20 sizing range carried by most brands. Obviously the models are there to look good and sell products, but a size 12 falls very much at the smaller end of the aforementioned standard range.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The model herself may not be seen as overweight, but if that was in the plus sized section, the company will have ensured additional sizes which could be selected were available on the side.
---
You might not get everything you want, but brands have been more inclusive of different sizes then ever before.

1691406575079.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Respectfully, you’re still missing the point of the rant. A size 12 clearly shouldn’t be considered “plus size”, and it’s pretty damaging to suggest to young girls that it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
new line manager called AGAIN. i am not 2 yrs old. I do not need micro managing..

also interesting to hear what my new exec is like from someone higher up the organogram (but doing same role) IDT they realise I actually know the Directors PA.. lol seems like i was right.. all this is coming from him and he has tried similar with other staff members..My line manager who is new to line managing is probably doing what he wants her to .I think they try it on because i'm new and they think I won't push back.. baby i have been in support staff work all my life in a lots of places.. i don't take BS and certainly not from ppl who clearly put on an act and lied in the interview

Also mini rant at my old company who are taking their time getting back to my agency about an interview for a temp role. I can interview today and hand in my notice and be out before my exec comes back from his fortnight holiday. I can't interview tomorrow or Wed as I have to be in the office and there is no place private. cmon dont waste time.. the original jd sent to agency has start date of 8th August. I can be right back in there where it's decent immediately

• Heart
I think the point of OP’s rant was that regardless of what the raging misogynists who run the modeling industry try to tell us about what counts as “plus size”, that model is clearly not even overweight. Her collar bones are visible and she practically has abs…

I always thought that the whole point of having a plus size clothing range was to provide nice, well fitting clothes to people who fall out of the standard 6-20 sizing range carried by most brands. Obviously the models are there to look good and sell products, but a size 12 falls very much at the smaller end of the aforementioned standard range.
Also, 5'9" and a size 12 is very different to 5'2" and a 12.

This is why people should never get fixated on sizing. I am 5'10 and when I was late teens early 20's I was always a 12. I was desperate to be a 10 or 8 like some of my friends. I never took into account I was about 5 inches taller than most of them.

Reactions: 14
Also, 5'9" and a size 12 is very different to 5'2" and a 12.

This is why people should never get fixated on sizing. I am 5'10 and when I was late teens early 20's I was always a 12. I was desperate to be a 10 or 8 like some of my friends. I never took into account I was about 5 inches taller than most of them.
I hate the size 8/10/12 etc. system. It doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason to it.
I can range from a size 6-10 in the same shop with a same item of clothing! It’s ridiculous!!

Reactions: 11
I hate the size 8/10/12 etc. system. It doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason to it.
I can range from a size 6-10 in the same shop with a same item of clothing! It’s ridiculous!!
I’m the exact same, the clothes in my wardrobe range from about size 6-10. I’m 5’7, so taller than average but not really tall, and if I do my measurements I’m a size 6-8. However I often find myself buying larger clothes because when I try on a size 6/8, they always come up way too short on the sleeves or legs and it looks comical. The worst is summer dresses, they’re always so short on me that I end up showing off my arse to the world.

Reactions: 1
I’m the exact same, the clothes in my wardrobe range from about size 6-10. I’m 5’7, so taller than average but not really tall, and if I do my measurements I’m a size 6-8. However I often find myself buying larger clothes because when I try on a size 6/8, they always come up way too short on the sleeves or legs and it looks comical. The worst is summer dresses, they’re always so short on me that I end up showing off my arse to the world.
I seem to have very long arms and a long torso. That's were my height is. I have often bought mens clothing just to get the length. My beloved, battered wax Barbor is a mens because it was the only way to get one that didn't finish at my waist. Same with hoodies.

I seem to have very long arms and a long torso. That's were my height is. I have often bought mens clothing just to get the length. My beloved, battered wax Barbor is a mens because it was the only way to get one that didn't finish at my waist. Same with hoodies.
Me too haha, I’m currently wearing an outfit which consists entirely of mens clothing lol. I think women’s hoodies are the worse, they’re always way too fitted and tight on the arms as well

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So annoyed with myself! Made my first proper mistake at work in ages 😤 work won't care but I'm so annoyed.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was changing my bed once and found a dead spider in the pillowcase.
Considered just burning the entire bed, heated blanket and all

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Me too haha, I’m currently wearing an outfit which consists entirely of mens clothing lol. I think women’s hoodies are the worse, they’re always way too fitted and tight on the arms as well
Women’s hoodies are like a vacuum packed version of men’s hoodies.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Women’s hoodies are like a vacuum packed version of men’s hoodies.
I hate women’s fit T-shirts. They kinda flare out at the bottom and make me look like a 4 year old in a too short party frock. I’ve got a long torso (bodysuits are like cheesewires on me ) so the flare part sits above my hips like a hippo in a tutu 😡

Reactions: 5
I hate women’s fit T-shirts. They kinda flare out at the bottom and make me look like a 4 year old in a too short party frock. I’ve got a long torso (bodysuits are like cheesewires on me ) so the flare part sits above my hips like a hippo in a tutu 😡
im convinced women fit t-shirts are designed to fit one type of woman and that type of woman doesn’t exist. I don’t have big boobs, I am fairly solidly in the itty bitty titty commitee, yet the way the top sits makes me look like I have double D’s with a bra on that’s 3 sizes too small.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.