What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adults suddenly deciding they have ADHD.

No. You're just a bleep.
It does seem to be a bit of a trend at the minute..

It’s all ‘hehehehh look at me I can’t concentrate on things’ social media is to blame 100%

• Heart
Reactions: 12

No. You're just a bleep.
Many adults, especially women, are finding out they have ADHD or autism due to the stereotypical symptoms mainly being only found in boys/men.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m sick of seeing videos of people singing in hallways or “parking lots” screaming and screeching being all dramatic with body movements. F off 😆

Reactions: 6
Recently I swore that instead of getting angry at my husband's random acts of incompetence (RAOI?) I would take control and double check instruction manuals, directions, bookings, weather forecasts, whatever. So that I could attempt to mitigate disaster rather than get annoyed afterwards. Having done this I was then lulled into a false sense of security and have paid dearly for it in both time and effort over the last few days.

Why did I stop? Why?

• Heart
Just wanted to update you guys that I had my interview yesterday and was offered the position this morning😊 really pleased! Like I said, not the job or pay I wanted or know I can get but it’s a foot in the door and my first full time role😃 proud of myself, although I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t crapping myself with anxiety over the thought of long 12 hour shift patterns and night shifts🙃
Congratulations 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I seem to have very long arms and a long torso. That's were my height is. I have often bought mens clothing just to get the length. My beloved, battered wax Barbor is a mens because it was the only way to get one that didn't finish at my waist. Same with hoodies.
my daughter often buys mens trousers because she has a long torso. she said theyre more comfortable and fit better as ladies ones always feel uncomfortable round the crutch as theyre too short boduwise

Reactions: 1
Ive been distancing myself from someone and it doesn’t seem to work. She again texted me and I feel bad ghosting but it takes everything in me to reply
---
Im a pssy and unable to tell her that I’m not into this friendship as much as she is anymore
---
And the reasons would be too hard for her to hear it’s why i feel stuck

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I know it's the school holidays but if you're taking your very young kids shopping, there is no need for them to be on a bike or playing with a football.

Teach your kids how to behave in shops. They really don't need to entertained every single second of the day. The supermarket is not a playground.
or on their dreaded scooter !

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My house sale so far has taken 5 months. All the chain is ready to move as of last week apart from one enquiry my freeholder has had for 2 months and hasn’t answered. There’s nothing me or my solicitor or estate agent can do and it’s making me so stressed, my house is in boxes ready to go! I doubt it would take them more than 10 minutes to answer as well, so bloody frustrating. I feel like I can’t plan anything either as I don’t know when I’ll be moving!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I know it's the school holidays but if you're taking your very young kids shopping, there is no need for them to be on a bike or playing with a football.

Teach your kids how to behave in shops. They really don't need to entertained every single second of the day. The supermarket is not a playground.
CAN I GET AN AMEN? or thse dumb ass scooters (whuch mark my words will lead to even more obesity as ppl cba to walk anymore) All i do when i do my errands is say its a shop/shopping centre/library etc etc etc not a playground
---
Training up a new girl this week at work. It was her first day on Monday and she's already called in sick today. Doesn't bode well and probably going to have to spend another week training someone new and wasting time on that instead...

ETA: I'm only a bit annoyed because I'm not a hugely social person and I've been SO nice and patient with her to the point where I've drained myself doing so, it's all internal annoyance at me really
from my own personal recent experience as a new starter, i'd be prepared to consider that she may not be at all happy and wanting to leave from day one. i kn0w I was

Ive been distancing myself from someone and it doesn’t seem to work. She again texted me and I feel bad ghosting but it takes everything in me to reply
---
Im a pssy and unable to tell her that I’m not into this friendship as much as she is anymore
---
Can you just give polite, one word/ statement answers so that you become so dull that she doesn't want to message you any more?

Reactions: 4
CAN I GET AN AMEN? or thse dumb ass scooters (whuch mark my words will lead to even more obesity as ppl cba to walk anymore) All i do when i do my errands is say its a shop/shopping centre/library etc etc etc not a playground
or on their dreaded scooter !
Exactly.

This is a shop.This is how we behave in shops. It is not an extension of the playground.

I'm not a total grinch. I can understand it can be hard to concentrate on shopping when you've got a small child with you.

Reactions: 7

No. You're just a bleep.
I agree, I don’t think it’s ADHD that they have. I think it’s motherhood. I’ve noticed that there are a lot of mothers of young children who are being diagnosed, but I think it’s a false diagnosis as motherhood just demands you do fifteen things at the same time and at 100mph. The reason I think this is because I have two young children and my life right now matches an ADHD profile.

• Heart
---
---
Just tell her the truth, however painful it will be so she can grieve this relationship and move on.

Reactions: 2
Inpost lockers!!! Do they ever get emptied? Does no-one ever collect their parcel?
I’ve been to 5 with no spaces now trying to post a Vinted item that has probably cost me more in petrol than I sold it for!! I’ve just worked out how to remove Inpost as a delivery option from my account so screw them!!!!!

Reactions: 3
I think that the sudden rise in "ADHD" in adults, is a side effect of smartphones/tablets & social media.
Hopping from one app to another, doom scrolling....

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.