What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The over-70s are the rudest, most selfish and most self-absorbed of all the age demographics. My grandmother being prime example. When I see them being rude and aggressive to others in shops, supermarkets, etc, I feel so resentful towards the fact that we gave up over 2 years of our lives to apparently protect them.

We should have let COVID do its thing…..
How did I not know about this thread! Prepare for loads of rants 😂😂

Tell me about it! I went to the doctors the other day. Sat next to me was this elderly couple. The bloke was like back in my day we had none of this waiting around, theres so many names you can’t pronounce, it can only get worse I’m glad I’m 85. His wife was just sat agreeing with him.

some elderly are just awful. They think they’re entitled to everything first because of their age.

Reactions: 9
How did I not know about this thread! Prepare for loads of rants 😂😂

Tell me about it! I went to the doctors the other day. Sat next to me was this elderly couple. The bloke was like back in my day we had none of this waiting around, theres so many names you can’t pronounce, it can only get worse I’m glad I’m 85. His wife was just sat agreeing with him.

some elderly are just awful. They think they’re entitled to everything first because of their age.
When they have you as a captive audience they are the worst. The amount that start whittering on about the price of cabbages and then SOMEHOW end up blaming all the "bloody foreigners"
At one time I would argue back, or at least tut if I wasnt in the conversation. Now I just walk away, they are too ignorant to educate, and just twist anything into being a millennial or a snowflake, despite them losing their tit when they are asked to use the digital sign in or a self serve till.

If I didn't have elderly/immune suppressed people I would've gladly let covid sweep through the people who man handle the bread at lidl with their unwashed hands

Reactions: 7
The over-70s are the rudest, most selfish and most self-absorbed of all the age demographics. My grandmother being prime example. When I see them being rude and aggressive to others in shops, supermarkets, etc, I feel so resentful towards the fact that we gave up over 2 years of our lives to apparently protect them.

We should have let COVID do its thing…..
What a vile thing to say.

Reactions: 10
What a vile thing to say.
@HaloGirl @themuffinwoman I said what I said and someone of you don’t understand when someone is being deliberately facetious, and as it happens my father lost two elderly relatives to COVID - but not everyone gets to live forever.

I know far more young people who died by suicide during the first lockdown, and I’m saying this as someone who was very Ill themselves from COVID. Not to go off on a tangent, but it was a big mistake having lockdowns to protect the elderly and the most vulnerable.

Anyway, back to the thread- Can’t stand the rude and aggressive over 70s and we should have let COVID do its thing….

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I was in the queue for a till yesterday, there were a few people queuing behind me too (only 1 till open 🙄) and I left a little gap so I didn't block the aisle. A woman came with her trolley and stood in front of me. I said excuse me, there's a queue. She looked at me and begrudgingly started moving to the back.
Then a girl shouted next please as she opened a new till. This woman shot like a rocket past everyone and hopped on it. She was so fast I didn't even have time to move mine. She gave me a smug look as she was loading 😅
And then hobbled out of the shop, you weren't hobbling when you were flying through the air past everyone in the queue 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
@HaloGirl @themuffinwoman I said what I said and someone of you don’t understand when someone is being deliberately facetious, and as it happens my father lost two elderly relatives to COVID - but not everyone gets to live forever.

I know far more young people who died by suicide during the first lockdown, and I’m saying this as someone who was very Ill themselves from COVID. Not to go off on a tangent, but it was a big mistake having lockdowns to protect the elderly and the most vulnerable.

Anyway, back to the thread- Can’t stand the rude and aggressive over 70s and we should have let COVID do its thing….
We heard you the first time. No need to repeat it again in bold. It is absolutely vile and offensive and a little sensitivity would not go amiss. Do not generalise a whole generation. Grow up.

Reactions: 14
What are you like 12. Let’s hope nobody you care about dies because nobody will have sympathy for someone limd you.

Reactions: 7
I got a horrible text from my cousin today who is still accusing me and my brother of 'ruining' a family holiday, and called us both social justice warriors and snowflakes.

For those who didn't see my older post; my cousins are organising a trip to Dubai and my brother (an openly gay man) is refusing to go to a country in which homosexuality is considered a serious and punishable crime. I support my brother, I'm a straight woman but I also don't want to support the economy of a homophobic country that doesn't respect human rights. if that makes me a snowflake... so be it.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I got a horrible text from my cousin today who is still accusing me and my brother of 'ruining' a family holiday, and called us both social justice warriors and snowflakes.

For those who didn't see my older post; my cousins are organising a trip to Dubai and my brother (an openly gay man) is refusing to go to a country in which homosexuality is considered a serious and punishable crime. I support my brother, I'm a straight woman but I also don't want to support the economy of a homophobic country that doesn't respect human rights. if that makes me a snowflake... so be it.
Good for you, I wouldn't want to go to Dubai either for multiple reasons.

Reactions: 21
I am the only full-time in the office person in my job, and people INSIST on coming in (when they can absolutely work from home) full of colds and coughs and sneezes. No one washes their hands and people loom over my shoulder spreading their germs.

I don't have the option to get away from your coughs - so keep your coughs away from me!!! I will be raging if someone gets me sick before my annual leave! 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I am the only full-time in the office person in my job, and people INSIST on coming in (when they can absolutely work from home) full of colds and coughs and sneezes. No one washes their hands and people loom over my shoulder spreading their germs.

I don't have the option to get away from your coughs - so keep your coughs away from me!!! I will be raging if someone gets me sick before my annual leave! 🤬
I honestly think ppls hygiene has got worse since covid! The fact ppl still drag their ill contagious backsides into the office when there is absolutely no need fills me with anger. The unnecessary touching of things! People who LICK THEIR THUMBS before turning a page. You just need to all stop!!!!

Reactions: 16

I was going to come in here and rant about the number of footballers signing up to play in Saudi. Bloody massive hypocrites. All giving it large in Qatar about human and gay rights and then can't get out there quick enough if the price is right.

I've been to Dubai. Would never go again. It's a weird place. The men walking around in shorts and flip flops and the women two steps behind wearing full burka. They'll sell you alcohol but if it suits they'll arrest you for drinking.

I had some gay friends go there and they made sure that both beds in the hotel room looked like they'd been slept in as they were so nervous people would guess they were gay. 🤬🤬

I'm with you and your brother 100%.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I honestly think ppls hygiene has got worse since covid! The fact ppl still drag their ill contagious backsides into the office when there is absolutely no need fills me with anger. The unnecessary touching of things! People who LICK THEIR THUMBS before turning a page. You just need to all stop!!!!
Yes, same with the idea of social distance - I know it's not mandated to stay a certain distance away in queues etc anymore but step back an inch FFS.

I used to work with someone who would pick stuff up off the printer (as I raced to get there), and she would do the thumb lick before handing over the pages. 🤢

I was very glad when we got printers that you had to use your ID badge on, in order to release the print job.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Got my daughter a ticket for an event on the back of her 'mate' going. Her 'mate' has been stringing her along for 8 months and now just decided she's not buying a ticket and won't be going 3 weeks beforehand.

What a crappy thing to do, they've been talking about it and organising outfits as you do at 17 and then to drop her at the last minute. I'm equally raging as I am sad for her 🤬

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Yes, same with the idea of social distance - I know it's not mandated to stay a certain distance away in queues etc anymore but step back an inch FFS.
Oh my god the way people are INSIDE YOU in a queue sometimes! You're not getting there any faster?!

I, unfortunately, am immunocompromised so get sicker easier, for longer, and usually much worse than others. I'm very careful with hygiene and cleanliness, and recently decided to start wearing a face mask again (I know - to each their own on that, but it makes me feel much safer from any coughs and sneezes). I've had lots of comments and weird looks, but I'll be damned if they ruin my 2 week hol to America!!

Reactions: 12
Got my daughter a ticket for an event on the back of her 'mate' going. Her 'mate' has been stringing her along for 8 months and now just decided she's not buying a ticket and won't be going 3 weeks beforehand.

What a crappy thing to do, they've been talking about it and organising outfits as you do at 17 and then to drop her at the last minute. I'm equally raging as I am sad for her 🤬
It's heartbreaking for stuff like that to happen at that age.

Reactions: 8
Co-workers who are just cold with you for no reason. I get that we can't all like each other, but I've never done anything bad to you, just suck it up and be superficially friendly! You're in your 40s, don't act like a teenager.
---

What a little tit! I swear some people, particularly at that age, do this stuff to make themselves feel important. She probably wants your daughter to be devastated, to make herself feel like she's sooo cool and her company is sooo desireable.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.