What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
same/ tbh this role I have been ranting about is giving me sleepless nights and nightmares I haven't slept properly in weeks since just before i started/ I am so tired all I do is fall asleep watching tv because I am too tired to read and Its even affecting mentally. I'm usually a highly organised PA and when i got groceries today for the first time ever I ended up forgetting to pick something up.. which makes me rant even more because after suffering a 6k pay cut even the £1.05 I lost on said item I can't afford.

Hope you find rest soon <3
Same to you. At least I don't have the added worries you have. Ughhhh hate nightmares. You end up walking up in a panic, not a great way to start the day 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My Monday rant is travellers. Our estate is over run with them in the summer and they are absolutely vile. They steal from the local shops, literally crap in full view of people on the side of the roads and are intimidating people who have to walk past them.

Since I've moved to the UK, I have yet to see travellers who move around who take care of the area and don't cause havoc. Am I being lied too? Does anybody have experience of travellers who cleaned up behind themselves and weren't absolute knobs?
They are a nightmare.

My husband has worked with local authority liason officers and has been on site regularly. He got on well with them individually and the families he’s worked with are pleasant but they are always haggling for better amenities . The dogs are a nightmare and frequently prevent tradesman going on site because they all all untrained and dangerous.

One woman told my husband she’d control the dogs if she got a better tap for her sink. ( They have specially built pods next to their caravan).

Reactions: 6
My Monday rant is travellers. Our estate is over run with them in the summer and they are absolutely vile. They steal from the local shops, literally crap in full view of people on the side of the roads and are intimidating people who have to walk past them.

Since I've moved to the UK, I have yet to see travellers who move around who take care of the area and don't cause havoc. Am I being lied too? Does anybody have experience of travellers who cleaned up behind themselves and weren't absolute knobs?
Omg this. Every single time.
My local council dedicated a permanent site to them but there are other ones who arrive every summer in various local towns and is an absolute nightmare as you say.
Right now a lovely old village a couple miles away has them camped out in and the mess already is off the scale.
They won't use the toilets in their caravans apparently as they see it as a dirty thing to do so they'll go and tit in the bushes 🤮
The council is actually on their side now which is a terrible way to treat your constituents when they're trying to keep the village clean and sanitary and finding it impossible. The gypsies are now taking legal aid to carry on treating the beautiful recreation area their camped on like a dump :mad: wild noisy dogs, antisocial behaviour 🙁
Might as well add more whilst I'm on whinge mode 😂
They treat everyone who isn't in their community with contempt. They're ungrateful, always taking and giving nothing back, all the while claiming minority rights so it absolves them of the thousands of pounds of clean up after they leave. Almost 5 months no with no end in sight. They're bloody shameless.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I just hate my life
I'm struggling to lose weight as I eat my feelings, and food is my only pleasure these days
I'm always tired, I have no motivation to do anything.
I'm sick of being poor.
I'm sick of being a single mum and navigating all of the challenges of parenthood on my own.
I love my house but it is falling apart and landlord won't do anything about it (damp, black mould, rotten skirting boards, leaking pipes)

The only thing in my life I actually enjoy right now is my job.

I'm just so bloody miserable and I am really trying to be better and feel better but it is so hard.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Any criticism made of travellers is always pounced on as being racist, but the problem is that now by bending over backwards to accommodate them/ not be critical, local authorities and other organizations are just perpetuating the problems.

There's a permanent traveller site in the town where I live. The site is a mess, rubbish everywhere. The residents own a number of horses which they don't look after and then abandon in fields or tied to lampposts. At least 2 horses have died horribly. Although they do mostly keep to themselves the animal abuse is bloody disgusting, all the more because no one will take any action. I had a run in with one of the blokes once when he started mouthing off in our local supermarket. He told me I should know my place and not talk back to a man. Great example of a man he is.

Friends of mine live in a very rural area. Every year travellers pass through, break a load of fences to get onto their fields, stay there for a week or so and then up sticks, leaving the broken fences and normally 2-3 skips worth of rubbish. And again, no one does anything.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
My rant today is someone burning crap and I’ve had to close all my windows. Trivial I know but I’m already sweating buckets with my hormones 😅

Reactions: 5
My rant is I got dumped after 15 months together by text because ‘we want different things long term’ - kind of out the blue. He’s never said I love you and now I will have to start all over again 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My rant today.. next door neighbours cat keeps shitting In my garden. I’ve thrown it over the fence back into hers bloody sick of it I am.
A few years ago there was a cat that lives near us who kept terrorising ours and even got into our house ones and tried to claim its territory. My mum ended up buying lion poo as the scent was supposed to scare off the other cat and she placed some cut outs of cats in the garden as well. The bully cat did stop coming round but I don’t know whether that’s because it’s owner began to keep it in or it thought we had a pet lion 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

The ones I’ve come across were all vile unless you make some sort of deal with them 🙃

I hear you BUT I'd just like to add that I send my dad messages a few time a year he passed in 2012. It's normally when I think of him or miss him.

He also get's people writing on his wall that clearly still think he's alive
---
People send him private messages which I can view (which feels kinda intrusive) as I've got access to his Facebook. I think that is a normal type of grief outlet. I have sent texts. It's the posting on the open page that I just find so performative. Especially as some of them didn't give him time of day when he was alive.

Reactions: 4
That is so tough, I'm sorry you're going through that.

I was once asked by the pet crematorium if I wanted to send a card for my cat. Jesus, she couldn't read when she was alive!

---

My rant is that I've been volunteering at a few old peoples' homes, and everyone is so bleeping rude to me. I've been shouted at for not cleaning things that I have absolutely cleaned spotless, I have been told that someone is going to slip and break their neck because I mopped the floor, I've been accused of stealing. I get that some of these people probably have early stage dementia, but it's been horrible for me nonetheless. I genuinely think I will give it up, because it's too bad for my welfare to be treated like this when I'm unpaid and trying to do something nice for people. Yesterday I went in and someone had left a note that said: "CLEANER!!! CLEAN UNDER SOFAS AND HOOVER RUGS, PLEASE!" Jesus. They've had dozens of hours of unpaid labour from me, they're in a poor position to all caps me! And the only time I didn't clean under the sofas was last week when my endometriosis was too bad to bend down or haul heavy furniture around.

Also my workplace has two toilets and both of them are almost un-useable. One has had the seat totally broken off and the other literally comes off the wall a bit when you sit down!
I would absolutely give that up. Volunteers are not there to be treated badly. There are tons of volunteering gigs where you will be treated with respect.

people on social media that say something like; I've just moved into a flat/house has anyone got any spare beds, fridges, tables, sofas
like wtf this is begging at its best. Buy your own stuff ffs
If they can afford to move into a new property they can afford that tit, IMO.
I that were me I would use the stuff from the old property plus buy new. I
wouldn't like second hand tit from anyone.

Reactions: 7
With you all on the travellers. They get away with murder (not literally) because they can play the race card, police are too scared to do anything and they are allowed to have their own moral and legal code of existence. Another example of how we reward the vermin while penalising the decent.

Reactions: 9
Funnily enough I was talking to an Irish friend who was complaining about the travellers in Ireland. I was saying that they seem to have no fear of consequences because they don't ever get any and then he very darkly said "the only thing they are scared of is fire..."

Wasn't sure how he knew this, and I certainly didn't ask. Maybe the writers of Snatch thought along the same lines? Or maybe he decided this after watching the film?

🤔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
At least 3 different sources, one of whom is the individual concerned. describing Mason Greenwood's behaviour as 'mistakes'. Don't want to breech legal guidelines, but people really need to learn the difference between 'mistakes' and 'choices.'

I just hate my life
I'm struggling to lose weight as I eat my feelings, and food is my only pleasure these days
I'm always tired, I have no motivation to do anything.
I'm sick of being poor.
I'm sick of being a single mum and navigating all of the challenges of parenthood on my own.
I love my house but it is falling apart and landlord won't do anything about it (damp, black mould, rotten skirting boards, leaking pipes)

The only thing in my life I actually enjoy right now is my job.

I'm just so bloody miserable and I am really trying to be better and feel better but it is so hard.
Sorry you’re feeling like this. Sending you a virtual hug x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I read this first and thought you'd thrown the CAT over the fence.
Maybe try that next time if throwing the tit over doesn't work.
I'm also advised that firing a water pistol at the cat deters them. Or getting a dog, but that feels a bit extreme.
I threw the tit back into her garden. She said her cat has OCD so it doesn’t do it’s business in anyone’s gardens.. she’s a liar

• Haha
With you all on the travellers. They get away with murder (not literally) because they can play the race card, police are too scared to do anything and they are allowed to have their own moral and legal code of existence. Another example of how we reward the vermin while penalising the decent.
I remember watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and just wondering why they all had so much money. All of the girls featured spent about £15,000 on their wedding dress. None of my friends even spent that much on their whole wedding! My dad said they don't pay tax, which checks out. I've seen a fair few near me who are dealers of various illegal things. But still it can't be ALL of them - where do they get all the money from?

A lot of tv shows I've seen about them, they complain of how unfairly they're treated by the police, without looking at their own behaviour. I'm not tarring them on an individual level, but when a traveller convention comes to town, there is vandalism, fighting, robberies, sexual assault. But if anyone tries to make them face consequences, it's all "The pigs are biased against us!"

Reactions: 11
I’ve been awake since 1.30 am. I went to bed at 10.30 am. I had stuff planned for today but I’m probably not going to feel like doing it after so little sleep. I feel like I’ve been on a night shift 😡

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I remember watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and just wondering why they all had so much money. All of the girls featured spent about £15,000 on their wedding dress. None of my friends even spent that much on their whole wedding! My dad said they don't pay tax, which checks out. I've seen a fair few near me who are dealers of various illegal things. But still it can't be ALL of them - where do they get all the money from?

A lot of tv shows I've seen about them, they complain of how unfairly they're treated by the police, without looking at their own behaviour. I'm not tarring them on an individual level, but when a traveller convention comes to town, there is vandalism, fighting, robberies, sexual assault. But if anyone tries to make them face consequences, it's all "The pigs are biased against us!"
Ive seen women travellers claim that it's not all of them just a small portion that give the rest a bad reputation, but i don't buy that. Plus the women don't really know what the men get up to.

I know someone that worked in remand prison and they said it was full of travellers and it was common for court room break outs, either from the actual court or during transportation by a gang of travellers.

There is a big criminal element which is where the money comes from. Lots of dodgy companies too. They take waste then dump it, take money for drive ways then never actually do the work.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.