Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DigiDuino

1629386528793.png

A twist in the Niklas story :oops: he's reviewed her book!
(The entire thing is a lie, why on earth did he use his real name)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70

ECH

VIP Member
If she cares so much about the Paris agreement and reducing climate change why doesn't she try to live a more sustainable lifestyle by say, not travelling halfway around the world for her online uni every month?

• Heart
Reactions: 63
The whole “advice for introverts” thing in her new video really pisses me off. I’m an introvert which means I need time alone to recharge. It doesn’t mean I’m socially inept! She needs to learn the difference between introversion and social anxiety

Reactions: 62

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
I'm late to this but the audacity of calling her school, Newlands Girls, a place where learning wasn't encouraged. It's a selective girls grammar school. The fuck are you talking about.

Hey jade, try going (like I did) to a dump comprehensive in Slough. Try using your power of your insight to explore the inequalities of the grammar / comp system. You're a spoilt, privileged brat and the reason you're still harping on about your Oxford rejection years later is your own uncontrolled sense of entitlement.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
name idea for thread #11

you can buy my book from the clearance shelf, but you’ll never be me because you don’t have the wealth
Actually ignore that one, this might be better:

#11 - Buy Jade's book from the clearance shelf, discover the casual magic of privilege and wealth

Last edited:
  • Haha

CatCafe234

VIP Member
The Oxbridge rejects I talked to and myself included more or less knew why they were rejected or could guess some of the reasons. She still seems to… not understand that? I wonder if that’s why she thinks there needs to be a lot of soul searching and the like, but again her experience just isn’t that representative of the average student
To me, Jade’s Oxford rejection shows that their system was working. I don’t mean that in a nasty way, but more that the fact she’s gone from wanting to study science at Oxford to a uni that doesn’t even offer science suggests that they picked up that she either wasn’t that enthusiastic or that her interest in science didn’t align with their course and teaching. I’m really surprised that she’s hasn’t realised that.

fwooper

VIP Member
View attachment 700355

This is from Chapter 3, I'm not sure if it's in the sample on Amazon and I found it on Twitter

The Mary Poppins like cheerfulness is tiring to read

~~~
Also, I know she's being very brief but I feel like the English lit help isn't that great and something a teacher would give you anyway. Plus, the writing part is normally fairly easy - it's the planning part and identification of devices most students seem to struggle with. Like, if you gave me this as an example I would end up in no better place than I really started

Never really focused on specifications, but it's something all teachers gave to us and focused on in everything we did. Her help here just falls awfully short
“Subjects like English Literature are essay based”. Truly groundbreaking. I wish I had her study guide back when I was in school. If only I’d known English Literature was essay based - there I was writing equations the whole time.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I tried reading the sample of her book, and good lord... It continues the influencer vanity book trend of clearly being shoved onto shelves with no editor intervention, with punctuation errors as early as page 1.

But the ego on display is something else...

"I went to a state school just outside London where I felt very uncool for liking learning. I watched many of my peers give up before they even started and saw teachers come and go, sometimes leaving mid-way through the exam year. In other words, my school was hardly the peak of academia. But I’ve always cared a lot about learning and I decided early on that I was really going to try."

So Jade was more committed to academia than anyone at her school, including those deadbeat teachers, who had the sheer audacity to do something as irresponsible and flaky as to...get a new job part-way through the year? How dare those quitters not wait a whole year to change jobs for any number of reasons! They didn't even try, unlike Jade! Family issues? Work-related stress? The promise of better pay and a better home-life balance elsewhere? Pssh! Nothing but excuses for not being committed to the pursuit of knowledge and the prestige of academia.

I mean, the one thing I'll say is that Jade clearly didn't ghostwrite this shit; this book was clearly the product of her spoilt, deluded ego.
I’m so annoyed that she’s trying to associate herself with london when she literally went to a really well known, high acheieving school in MAIDENHEAD. I went to an inner city state school in london and I have a hard time believing Jade’s was anything like it. If she thinks staff turnover is the sign of an uninspiring learning environment she must be so much more sheltered than I thought. It really pisses me off when people try to exaggerate shit like that like why are you trying so hard to appear disadavantaged??? Just acknowledge your privilege, you are so much more transparent than you seem.

Also the way she’s insinuating that the difference between her and the people who didn’t do well academically at her school is that she just ‘tried harder’ is disgusting and makes me so angry. I actually cannot believe she wrote that and published it.

Reactions: 54

susanbinly

I think jade has yet to distinguish mental health from mental illness. You should treat yourself nicely when you have shit days, but for those of us with diagnosed (or undiagnosed but still present) mental health conditions, treating yourself kindly wont do anything. They're chemical imbalances, not just a bad feeling you can shake off after a few days.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

slamvs27

VIP Member
She posted about Oxford again, LOL. Same vibes as "hey, remember my ex from 3 years ago? Yup, him, don't miss him at all, just thought I'll mention it, nope wasn't thinking of him at all" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 52

ECH

VIP Member
She didn't specify, just that he was planning to go there since his offer hasn't been confirmed yet.

I haven't watched one of Jade's videos in a long time, but another vomit inducing moment was around 9:50 of her latest vlog. She said she called a Waterstones in Swindon to ask if they had a copy of her book and apparently the store assistant just happened to say to her on the phone 'oh yeah it's a brilliant book, really helpful, good choice, it really helped me with my masters' :sick: I'm concerned for anyone who got something out of her terrible writing at a masters level

No one would make it to their Masters with already having great academic skills, especially since Masters are typically more research based that the 'rote' learning Jade seemingly pushes in the book.

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 12.43.53.png

Also, a review from Goodreads.

Reactions: 51

tumble

(warning, this is really ranty and has no coherent structure but I'm angry ok)

As someone who works in education and has been for the past couple of years as TA, both in mainstream and now special needs I love it when a naive 21 year old fresh out of school, not even finished uni or studied education, tells kids how to study and approach education. (note the sarcasm)
You want to know the secret to how to study effectively? The best way to study? There is none! It is honestly just what works best for you, but as long as you feel it working then that's fine!

Please Jade, I beg you, go to the school I work at, a special needs school for autistic kids who cannot function at normal mainstream schools and then come back to me on how your way of studying and learning is the best way. Tell the kid who jumps up and down every minute, has to have the room exactly right before they can even think about picking up a pencil that he just needs to focus. Tell the kid who doesn't speak or contribute because they can't speak out loud in front of class but can to a 1-1 that it's their fault they chose not to 'play the game'. Come and spend just a day in our school and watch how all of your study tips and preconceptions about education go out of the fucking window.

Not to mention to say that education in the UK has not really changed is an insult to all of the teachers and TA's and therapists who are working both in mainstream and in special needs and shows just how little research you've done for your book. In our school we don't just make our kids recite facts, we make them engage with material, arrange days out, we have forest schools, we do cooking and life skills and honestly the list goes on. if the kids want a break or to go for a walk we let them (within reason of course). Schools are changing but it's by people working in the system, not outside of it.
Jade has no idea, NO IDEA how privileged she is and how hard teachers work. And the harsh truth is, some kids won't succeed in education, and that's ok, they'll be alright. As long as they do their best and they are happy, that's all that counts.

TLDR: sick and tired of privileged people who haven't worked or studied education claiming they know the secret to how to succeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I like the claim that "this book is what you make of it", implying that if you don't get anything out of the book, it can't possibly be the book's fault, it's because you, the reader, are reading it wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 50

curlysue123

Remember when she lied that minerva forced them to move for uni but many of her peers had chosen to stay in their home country and her closest friends (her first roommate for example) chose the London rotation but Jade chose Berlin when she could've stayed home and still been with her closest uni friends during the peak of the pandemic. Also I can't stand when she says shes moving to study in "insert country" when she's literally just sitting on her laptop in a flat or cafe with American professors.

Literally anyone could visit another country while doing an online course. Honestly a waste of money it's like summer camp for the rich

• Angry
Reactions: 49