Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also 'What do you study' is a great conversation starter, especially at uni! If someone says they study history you can ask them about their favourite eras, if they've been to any local museums, that's a potential activity together if you get on well. Literature, you can talk about books. Science, ask about any lab experience they've had. There's a million things to ask people and you can take it in a million and one directions if you want to. You need an easy starter like that to get to the deep stuff. If you go straight into it going 'So, tell me about how it felt when your grandparents died' you're just going to make people feel weird.
it seems like everyone at minerva just seems to study the same vague courses so not much to talk about 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 33
it seems like everyone at minerva just seems to study the same vague courses so not much to talk about 😅
‘How do your parents make money?’

✨ bond over the possibly unethical ways in which they make money ✨

• Haha
Reactions: 19
name idea for thread #11

you can buy my book from the clearance shelf, but you’ll never be me because you don’t have the wealth

• Haha
Reactions: 15
8119067E-3BC9-4C49-802B-EADEB34199CD.jpeg

More amazing tips from Jade’s book!

Obviously Jade hasn’t written this but the fact that she thought it was a good tip to be included in the book… what even

• Haha
Reactions: 25
name idea for thread #11

you can buy my book from the clearance shelf, but you’ll never be me because you don’t have the wealth
Actually ignore that one, this might be better:

#11 - Buy Jade's book from the clearance shelf, discover the casual magic of privilege and wealth

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Also 'What do you study' is a great conversation starter, especially at uni! If someone says they study history you can ask them about their favourite eras, if they've been to any local museums, that's a potential activity together if you get on well. Literature, you can talk about books. Science, ask about any lab experience they've had. There's a million things to ask people and you can take it in a million and one directions if you want to. You need an easy starter like that to get to the deep stuff. If you go straight into it going 'So, tell me about how it felt when your grandparents died' you're just going to make people feel weird.
I so second this. Most people are happy to talk about their study and they usually have special topics they love. I love knowing why people are studying what they are!

Reactions: 9
I so second this. Most people are happy to talk about their study and they usually have special topics they love. I love knowing why people are studying what they are!
Totally agree, at uni most people choose something they like to study so have an interest in it, Jade doesn't get this as she has now chosen to study at a uni for the travel options it involves rather than the actual course

Reactions: 23
Jade is just petty because she apparently didn’t get into Oxford because her “whole life wasn’t about biology” (she didn’t care about it at all)

Reactions: 17
View attachment 717810

Obviously Jade hasn’t written this but the fact that she thought it was a good tip to be included in the book… what even
I don’t understand how anyone can find this useful…also surprised she let someone who got into Oxford submit anything 😂

Reactions: 6
She should’ve just straight up released it for £4 at this point, the works are doing her filthy

Reactions: 11
View attachment 717810

Coming from a literature student: that whole paragraph is so badly written and reads like a drunken ramble. How did she graduate AND get a Master's at Harvard?? Or are my standards too high? I genuinely don't understand how these studytubers get so much with so little.

Reactions: 29
Coming from a literature student: that whole paragraph is so badly written and reads like a drunken ramble. How did she graduate AND get a Master's at Harvard?? Or are my standards too high? I genuinely don't understand how these studytubers get so much with so little.
Turns out she has a thread on here! There's a comment here that sums up how it was a mixture of luck and possibly being smart enough to apply to places where the competition wasn't as big and acceptance rates were much better

• Angry
Reactions: 13
foes
does the markdown mean it wasn't selling too well?
I think what it means is, the works clearly bought the book for way less money or the profit margin is much smaller. The works doesn’t usually have brand new releases in it straight away

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.