Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how many books she put a positive message on or if it's a marketing/PR tactic to get people to tweet and talk about the book

Her wording on the post just seems to imply if to me - 'if one of these happens to make it to you'

Reactions: 5
I have noticed her IG bio could do with a location update.
Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 7.38.27 pm.png

(and the whole thing is eye-roll worthy really)

Reactions: 10
Can't quote from the locked thread but re. the criticism concerning posting here about Jade's mom:
I won't tip toe around her just because maybe she used to have an ed. Everyone has their own problems and some people for some reason believe that if someone was struggling (especially with an ed for some reason - f.ex. depression is not as constantly mentioned when it comes tp triggers and such) then we shouldn't criticise them cause what if it comes back. Guess what, criticising someone to begin with could cause them develop mh issues cause it depends on a person. But it's not our responsibility. Besides we're not criticising her body as such or her food habits but the most creepy fake smile I've ever seen. She's weird and creepy scammer. I don't believe she's helping these middle aged / older women. That business is another mlm and she's using people who are easier to manipulate for financial gain. Just like her scammy husband and Jade. This family is disgusting (don't know about Jade's brother - let's hope at least he turned out different).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why does she feel the need to have her YT subscriber count in her bio 😂

Reactions: 11
I really, really hope her brother can get out of whatever weird tit that family have going on. He always seemed really sweet and nice and I just pray he goes to a normal uni and sees through the bullshit

Reactions: 31
Talking about Call Me By Your Name in her insta "I've heard the book also has some problematic elements (like um... paedophilia) but I'm enjoying it so far."
Wow Jade, you really can express your toughts like no one else!
Nothing against enjoying cmbyn, I kind of liked the movie, and kudos to her for addressing the ploblematic elements, but she expressed it in a way that I find really stupid. In my opinion that's not the way to address serious topics... Expecially considering her self proclaimed role of woke queen and amazing writer and all.

Reactions: 27
Talking about Call Me By Your Name in her insta "I've heard the book also has some problematic elements (like um... paedophilia) but I'm enjoying it so far."
Nothing against enjoying cmbyn, I kind of liked the movie, and kudos to her for addressing the ploblematic elements, but she expressed it in a way that I find really stupid. In my opinion that's not the way to address serious topics... Expecially considering her self proclaimed role of woke queen and amazing writer and all.
I can almost see her saying this exact thing with that weird uncomfortable grin on her face, giggling about problematic elements for some reason.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm pretty sure she's only mentioning the problematic elements because of tattle. I said it before but there's a lot of times where we talk about stuff and she almost seems to reply to it or take the action - tagging one of her stories as a very clear AD recently comes to mind (which btw, good job Jade but maybe extend that to all of your videos and IG posts?)

Anyway, I don't care much about this book stuff or the way she's talking about it. The 'um...' is clearly meant to come off as uncomfortable but given her personality it comes off as almost careless or passive aggressive (I was going to use the word bitchy instead, but I hope someone knows what I mean aha). At the end of the day, she's not a booktuber and the whole conversation seems somewhat pointless as authors can (and honestly should to some extent) write about the more problematic things within society. If it starts a conversation, great. If people simply just enjoy the book, great. If people maybe reflect on the issues privately without talking about it with others (giving Jade the benefit of doubt here but also I rarely discuss what I read/how I feel about the topics I read about) also great. Plus, I think if you're going to even try to discuss paedophilia you have to be very very sensitive and the conversation isn't going to be for everyone, so it's probably smarter for Jade to just stay away from that

Reactions: 14
At the end of the day, she's not a booktuber and the whole conversation seems somewhat pointless as authors can (and honestly should to some extent) write about the more problematic things within society. If it starts a conversation, great. If people simply just enjoy the book, great. If people maybe reflect on the issues privately without talking about it with others (giving Jade the benefit of doubt here but also I rarely discuss what I read/how I feel about the topics I read about) also great. Plus, I think if you're going to even try to discuss paedophilia you have to be very very sensitive and the conversation isn't going to be for everyone, so it's probably smarter for Jade to just stay away from that
I absolutely agree, I definitely think it's fine to read/consume 'problematic' books/media so long as you're able to identify the icky elements (which as much as I distrust her, I do think she's capable of) and contextualize them (someone else said something similar on the previous thread that I thought was worded really well!). Also, like I said I don't expect her to talk about it because really, she isn't an expert on any of the topics.

(OT but technically cmbyn isn't pedophilia by definition because pedophilia is defined as attraction to pre-pubescent children, Elio is 17 though, so it's ephebophilia)

Reactions: 16
Urgh. Why is she reading with a duck face?! I can't believe I used to really like her.

Reactions: 8
I'm pretty sure she's only mentioning the problematic elements because of tattle. I said it before but there's a lot of times where we talk about stuff and she almost seems to reply to it or take the action - tagging one of her stories as a very clear AD recently comes to mind (which btw, good job Jade but maybe extend that to all of your videos and IG posts?)

Anyway, I don't care much about this book stuff or the way she's talking about it. The 'um...' is clearly meant to come off as uncomfortable but given her personality it comes off as almost careless or passive aggressive (I was going to use the word bitchy instead, but I hope someone knows what I mean aha). At the end of the day, she's not a booktuber and the whole conversation seems somewhat pointless as authors can (and honestly should to some extent) write about the more problematic things within society. If it starts a conversation, great. If people simply just enjoy the book, great. If people maybe reflect on the issues privately without talking about it with others (giving Jade the benefit of doubt here but also I rarely discuss what I read/how I feel about the topics I read about) also great. Plus, I think if you're going to even try to discuss paedophilia you have to be very very sensitive and the conversation isn't going to be for everyone, so it's probably smarter for Jade to just stay away from that
@ Jade if you're reading here, can you also address the fact that MLM books like CMBYN and RWRB are the biggest recced and make a point of going out and reading some WLW books too?

I bet Niklas feels secondhand embarrassment here.
I suppose he already forgot about her existence lol. Or blocked the fact of her existence from his memory cause it was the most cringe experience in his life so far.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.