Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she’s trying to spin her easy privileged wealthy girl upbringing as a story of “fighting against the odds to succeed”. Loathsome.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
So she’s trying to spin her easy privileged wealthy girl upbringing as a story of “fighting against the odds to succeed”. Loathsome.
She was a big fish in a small pond, fighting against adversity to be a success! And she'll teach you the skills of perseverance for the paltry price of £7.49! After all, if you can suffer through her book and make it to the end, you can endure anything life throws at you.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
"I went to a state school just outside London where I felt very uncool for liking learning. I watched many of my peers give up before they even started and saw teachers come and go, sometimes leaving mid-way through the exam year. In other words, my school was hardly the peak of academia.
This very unacademic description of her school doesn’t really fit with what she said about the school not putting her on a board or whatever because she was taking a gap year and not going to university straight away. Also she’s hardly the only one who cares about learning if the other head girl got into Oxford. If I went to her school I would be pretty pissed off by this comment.

1628231013678.png

I was unsure about how deprived her school was since she made it out in the book to be very unacademic and having no standard of teaching whatsoever. I don't really think going to a school where 33% of grades are A/A* will put you at any disadvantage. Also, interesting to note that she got 10 A*s and an A, which is great but it caught my attention because she still goes on now about how she got "all A*s at GCSE and A Level". The only reason I bring it up is because I got the same grades and I never said I got all A*s at GCSE because it wasnt true.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
I tried reading the sample of her book, and good lord... It continues the influencer vanity book trend of clearly being shoved onto shelves with no editor intervention, with punctuation errors as early as page 1.

But the ego on display is something else...

"I went to a state school just outside London where I felt very uncool for liking learning. I watched many of my peers give up before they even started and saw teachers come and go, sometimes leaving mid-way through the exam year. In other words, my school was hardly the peak of academia. But I’ve always cared a lot about learning and I decided early on that I was really going to try."

So Jade was more committed to academia than anyone at her school, including those deadbeat teachers, who had the sheer audacity to do something as irresponsible and flaky as to...get a new job part-way through the year? How dare those quitters not wait a whole year to change jobs for any number of reasons! They didn't even try, unlike Jade! Family issues? Work-related stress? The promise of better pay and a better home-life balance elsewhere? Pssh! Nothing but excuses for not being committed to the pursuit of knowledge and the prestige of academia.

I mean, the one thing I'll say is that Jade clearly didn't ghostwrite this tit; this book was clearly the product of her spoilt, deluded ego.
Imagine being one of her old teachers or fellow students, reading that? How charming!

Reactions: 21
This very unacademic description of her school doesn’t really fit with what she said about the school not putting her on a board or whatever because she was taking a gap year and not going to university straight away. Also she’s hardly the only one who cares about learning if the other head girl got into Oxford. If I went to her school I would be pretty pissed off by this comment.

View attachment 699228
I was unsure about how deprived her school was since she made it out in the book to be very unacademic and having no standard of teaching whatsoever. I don't really think going to a school where 33% of grades are A/A* will put you at any disadvantage. Also, interesting to note that she got 10 A*s and an A, which is great but it caught my attention because she still goes on now about how she got "all A*s at GCSE and A Level". The only reason I bring it up is because I got the same grades and I never said I got all A*s at GCSE because it wasnt true.
She wanted to study veterinary medicine? When. When did she ever show any (ANY) interest in animals? (except for random bugs and insects this year only when she became the quirky nature gal)

Also what a cringe🤢

209D9AB3-3D48-47A0-A76F-AD454E0A4B7D.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 15
I tried reading the sample of her book, and good lord... It continues the influencer vanity book trend of clearly being shoved onto shelves with no editor intervention, with punctuation errors as early as page 1.

"I went to a state school just outside London where I felt very uncool for liking learning. I watched many of my peers give up before they even started and saw teachers come and go, sometimes leaving mid-way through the exam year. In other words, my school was hardly the peak of academia. But I’ve always cared a lot about learning and I decided early on that I was really going to try."

So Jade was more committed to academia than anyone at her school, including those deadbeat teachers, who had the sheer audacity to do something as irresponsible and flaky as to...get a new job part-way through the year? How dare those quitters not wait a whole year to change jobs for any number of reasons! They didn't even try, unlike Jade! Family issues? Work-related stress? The promise of better pay and a better home-life balance elsewhere? Pssh! Nothing but excuses for not being committed to the pursuit of knowledge and the prestige of academia.

I mean, the one thing I'll say is that Jade clearly didn't ghostwrite this tit; this book was clearly the product of her spoilt, deluded ego.
I’m so annoyed that she’s trying to associate herself with london when she literally went to a really well known, high acheieving school in MAIDENHEAD. I went to an inner city state school in london and I have a hard time believing Jade’s was anything like it. If she thinks staff turnover is the sign of an uninspiring learning environment she must be so much more sheltered than I thought. It really pisses me off when people try to exaggerate tit like that like why are you trying so hard to appear disadavantaged??? Just acknowledge your privilege, you are so much more transparent than you seem.

Also the way she’s insinuating that the difference between her and the people who didn’t do well academically at her school is that she just ‘tried harder’ is disgusting and makes me so angry. I actually cannot believe she wrote that and published it.

Reactions: 54
No one buy the book. Don't even hate read it. Why give her money she doesn't deserve?

Reactions: 36
She wanted to study veterinary medicine? When. When did she ever show any (ANY) interest in animals? (except for random bugs and insects this year only when she became the quirky nature gal)
she mentioned in older videos that during her (earlier?) teen years she was really really keen on becoming a vet; spent time with vets during school holidays etc.; did some work at a horse stable

IDK how she went from wanting a reputable profession helping animals to MLMinerva/ jetting all over the world multiple times a year in a pandemic.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Her writing is so poor i shouldn't be shocked after the essay extracts we saw of hers at minerva but... people are really paying money for this!? Sounds like a 14 year old wrote this 💀

Edit: when I saw some fans who got the book early post pictures of one of the pages it's literally word for word things she'd say in her old videos eg her being scared someone in class would get a high grade than her

the weird humble brag about going to a state school, and what so does the majority of the country. Had she gone to a state school and got into oxford that would be something to say as it is a pretty rare event but :ROFLMAO: also makes me feel even worse for her poor badly paid taechers that she hassled with endless questions

Reactions: 24
I’m so annoyed that she’s trying to associate herself with london when she literally went to a really well known, high acheieving school in MAIDENHEAD. I went to an inner city state school in london and I have a hard time believing Jade’s was anything like it. If she thinks staff turnover is the sign of an uninspiring learning environment she must be so much more sheltered than I thought. It really pisses me off when people try to exaggerate tit like that like why are you trying so hard to appear disadavantaged??? Just acknowledge your privilege, you are so much more transparent than you seem.

Also the way she’s insinuating that the difference between her and the people who didn’t do well academically at her school is that she just ‘tried harder’ is disgusting and makes me so angry. I actually cannot believe she wrote that and published it.
I wonder what the hell she read to give her a view (and I’d say it’s a somewhat accurate view) of disadvantaged schools so she could use it to make herself feel better

actually just shocked that she wrote this and is trying to use it as some sort of ‘life me up’. With all due respect Jade, duck off.

Reactions: 11
This. She went to an Ofsted-graded Outstanding girls' school with only 5% of pupils eligible for free school meals, which is a tiny amount. Maidenhead is well below the national average of low income families.

Basically put, she's exaggerating because she doesn't want to own her own privilege. She went to an outstanding school in a rich area and grew up in a wealthy, supportive family. That's it. That's her story.

Reactions: 39
The only people I’ve heard talk about the % of students passing and achieving certain grades are middle-class, over privileged girls like Jade that want to look like they’re working class and ‘relatable’.
At the school I went to, over 36% of students were eligible for free school meals but it never even occurred to me to google that until today to compare it to Jade. If she stopped trying so hard to be ✨quirky✨ she’d actually be a lot more relatable than she realises

This. She went to an Ofsted-graded Outstanding girls' school with only 5% of pupils eligible for free school meals, which is a tiny amount. Maidenhead is well below the national average of low income families.

Basically put, she's exaggerating because she doesn't want to own her own privilege. She went to an outstanding school in a rich area and grew up in a wealthy, supportive family. That's it. That's her story.
exactly this, looking at the school she meant to it basicallt looks like a private school in terms of results etc. Also it has actually been found that a much better indicator of success in school is not the school itself but your family background, i.e. if you family can help you with homework/you have a quiet place to study/ they are generally supportive of your education.

Reactions: 21

Hello fellow London state schooler!
I also went to an actual London state school and must say it was definitely a lot more than trying
we had so many people on free school meals
people with parents with cancer
people who were carers
i wont even go in to the drugs and alcohol issues most students had cos its grim
anyway, the luxury of time to dedicate to studying would have been a dream for myself and many peers as we tried our best to squeeze it in whenever we could even if on the bus at the bus stop waiting in lines etc
school was rough
wonder what jade will share that was bad about school eh?

Reactions: 20
we had so many people on free school meals
people with parents with cancer
people who were carers
i wont even go in to the drugs and alcohol issues most students had cos its grim
anyway, the luxury of time to dedicate to studying would have been a dream for myself and many peers as we tried our best to squeeze it in whenever we could even if on the bus at the bus stop waiting in lines etc
school was rough
wonder what jade will share that was bad about school eh?
Honestly I bet she has no idea! I was lucky in that I went to a 'good school' in a small town. It wasn't good for me as a neurodivergent person with a weird home life at the time, but for most people it was a excellent school that got great grades etc. Due to my own life I did leave early, the school environment isn't right for everyone but I excelled in college/uni personally.

EventuallyI moved to a city and did outreach work to schools with my university (helping them with applications and stuff, doing fun activities with the younger ones) and it was so eye opening seeing how deprived every one of those schools was. Full of students who wanted to study but couldn't for many of the reasons you outlined.
I worked with kids from the ages of 6 to about 17 and it was just horrible sometimes, most of them would act tough in group situations but getting to know any of them one on one you could see just how much they were going through.

Honestly Jade, stop trying to act like you haven't been priveliged your whole life. She even acts like Minerva isn't something only people who come from money could even consider doing.

Reactions: 16
It's genuinely such a slap in the face to people who did go to underfunded state schools and where applying to Oxbridge was exceptional and you were probably one of the very few people to do it

I don't know what the make up of her fanbase is, but if I read that while knowing how privileged Jade is I would be fuming

Reactions: 22

View attachment 699228
Absolutely just her trying to drag her school down to pull herself up, embellishing and outright lying about her accomplishments to boot.

I really hope she gets called out for fudging the numbers on her A*s. Already setting a crappy tone if she couldn't go 2 pages without lying her ass off to assert herself as a "study guru". Again, no editors or fact checkers on this book. I guess "I peaked in sixth form, didn't get into my dream uni and then gave up entirely and opted to get scammed by a Mickey Mouse uni and help them scam others into signing up" didn't sell herself as a figure of academic authority?

And it's clear from the crap she's written that she has no concept of adult responsibility or working life if she believes changing jobs mid-year shows lack of commitment and staff turnover is a barometer for academic prestige.

Reactions: 28
A) more car stories we love it! How responsible!
B) why are you calling around and going to all these shops to see if they have your book? I imagine the publisher can tell you this stuff easily
C) I’m gonna bet £20 the story is a lie

also, I’m guessing she went to Bristol because she knew the signing (? Very badly publicised) was happening and she was testing out the drive there. I wonder if she has something coming up in Reading too

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.