Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, is her book really going to include a whole discussion on how the education and testing system are very narrow in what they measure???

A) she does realise that the majority of her older fans are now probably uni students so they probably know this already anyway, but also… they’re maybe there just for the study tips which now seem to make up a small section of the book

B) if I had failed my GSCES or A-levels that simply wouldn’t have mattered to me. It’s such a pointless discussion because you’re there to get the grades you need, not really change the system to suddenly measure emotional intelligence. Sure, you may not be an overall failure but it will take a bit to recover and no amount of ‘I have emotional intelligence’ will help that - it will probably be looking at the next steps and alternative paths

C) it’s a study book Jade, not your opinions on everything. I know people here have talked about how it’s only really for her audience, but this isn’t a biography or some sort of ‘sit down’ talk. It’s clearly marketed at students and that’s the general population
Jade strikes me as the kind of person who will still be mentioning her gcse grades 10 years from now tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I would like to write something about Jaded Jade but this girl upsets me so much that I can't stand to deal with her any longer. I unsubscribed her a few months ago because I think her public appearance is a danger to humanity because her way of acting, thinking and presenting herself is so sick that I think Jade needs a guardian to ban her from the internet forever.

Reactions: 16
Jade: Compares mental health to the weather.

Jade: I came up with this analogy to put in my book!!!

This is a WELL KNOWN comparison, look on any insta recovery/MH account, read spirituality books or philosophy or psychology. In fact, it may even be in her favourite German Eckhart Tolles book too.

Repackaged, incorporated, fine. But don’t claim to invent stuff that can be found on a generic spirituality shop floor.

Reactions: 26
The whole mental health thing she has going on rn is dumb

Our age group has started talking about mental health more, at least online. It just seems like something that should have come out a few years ago tbh

Reactions: 15
Does anyone else feel like the whole mental health discussion being turned into “having bad days is ok” by influencers will mean that people struggling with actual diagnosable conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, bipolar, will feel isolated from the discussion and like their conditions are not normal due to mental health just being about having off days or feeling sad. The truth is, if your mental health would be improved just by “being kinder to yourself” as Jade said in the reel, you probably don’t have mental health issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I think jade has yet to distinguish mental health from mental illness. You should treat yourself nicely when you have tit days, but for those of us with diagnosed (or undiagnosed but still present) mental health conditions, treating yourself kindly wont do anything. They're chemical imbalances, not just a bad feeling you can shake off after a few days.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I think jade has yet to distinguish mental health from mental illness. You should treat yourself nicely when you have tit days, but for those of us with diagnosed (or undiagnosed but still present) mental health conditions, treating yourself kindly wont do anything. They're chemical imbalances, not just a bad feeling you can shake off after a few days.
Honestly thank you, I maintain an ounce of humanity whenever someone points out of the nuance. Coincidentally, it happens to mostly being who deal with mental illness, y'know, something more lasting and detrimental than "morning blues and loneliness after 14 days self-isolating". Hey, don't get me wrong, everyone deals with different amounts of mental "pain" (for lack of a better word), so some who have, say, self-isolated have probably experienced one of the lowest (if not the lowest) point in their life. Their pain is valid. But. And but.

It just really grinds my gears hearing an ignorant take from people who suddenly feel like we're all in this together. While it has brought about the importance of mental health to people, COVID blues, or regular morning blues, don't give someone the right to speak on behalf of everyone else. I still feel like even with stressing on its importance, somehow our mostly neurotypical society has managed to discriminate against those with actual mental health conditions.

We're all in this together now, but what about before COVID? What about after COVID? Oh yeah, I'm suddenly out of the house and with friends, the cinemas are open again, so this ignorant attitude about mental health will insist that I shouldn't be, say, 'depressed' anymore. Plenty of people with OCD, C/PTSD, ADHD, anxiety disorders, actual diagnosed depression, etc. have been living similar to lockdown lifestyle way before lockdowns. It stills feels like everyone is as ignorant about mental health as before.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just tired of the ignorance and the absolute audacity of people who know less speaking on behalf of everyone else. Jade again here with another ignorant iteration of toxic positivity that further stigmatizes people with actual mental health issues, forcing them to expend energy conforming with society through a facade as though it's their choice to "just focus", "just stop your executive dysfunction", "you decide if you're sad <3".

I just love it how people who've never had tit for parents tell people to be grateful for their parents because their parents love them and "you're being a prick", people who've never dealt with PTSD telling people to "get over the trauma, it happened so long ago", people now dealing with online school knowing a fraction of what it's like having ADHD but still throwing prejudice towards the disorder because I'm being lazy and a to do list solves my problems, etc.

No, as said in her comments, mental health is NOT like a season. I don't wake up one day and get to decide if the clouds will stay any longer or not. Being kind to myself allows me to be okay with the clouds being there, but for me and many others who suffer from mental illness, the clouds are just as okay being there 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She's so proud of the video she posted it on YT too

Though, I'm glad there are some people there having a similar to here

• Haha
Reactions: 7
OMG what on earth is that mental health video? She's literally telling her viewers: if you are depressed, just be happy! why can't you just be happy? just check in with yOUr mIND and you will be fine!. "If you can pack an umbrella when it rains, why can't you be kinder to yourself when you are stressed?" I DONT KNOW JADE maybe because the person is chronically depressed and cannot get out of bed or shower, let alone be kind to themselves? Just a thought.

The complete unawareness of this girl is driving me mad. The ridiculous shots of her constipated face and the dark filter; she's making a joke of mental illness, I swear.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Does anyone else feel like the whole mental health discussion being turned into “having bad days is ok” by influencers will mean that people struggling with actual diagnosable conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, bipolar, will feel isolated from the discussion and like their conditions are not normal due to mental health just being about having off days or feeling sad. The truth is, if your mental health would be improved just by “being kinder to yourself” as Jade said in the reel, you probably don’t have mental health issues.
Yes. I have anxiety that is directly caused by the fact I also have ADHD. Being kinder won't change a thing, because fundamentally my brain functions differently. My anxiety is only managed by medication.

Reactions: 16
Yes. I have anxiety that is directly caused by the fact I also have ADHD. Being kinder won't change a thing, because fundamentally my brain functions differently. My anxiety is only managed by medication.
I am so sick of unedicated influencers talking about mental health. What she is describing is not a serious mental health issue, it is feeling a bit down for a few days, a bad mood, which we all feel. Equating a severe mental health issue to needing an umbrella is beyond insulting. Wow I am in a period of severe depression, good to know it will change like the english weather!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This explains her bookstagram revival. I can’t wait to hear about how the selection and the hunger games influenced her life. 🙄. I love how she’s modeling herself as a massive reader when she’s read like one book outside of her degree this year and it was RWRB.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Jade strikes me as the kind of person who will still be mentioning her gcse grades 10 years from now tbh
Anyone remember that Apprentice contestant a few years ago that was like 30 and kept mentioning his A* in GCSE maths....anyway... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Anyone remember that Apprentice contestant a few years ago that was like 30 and kept mentioning his A* in GCSE maths....anyway... 🤣
I can just imagine her in a job interview talking about how she (as an intern) could transform the company (japanese or otherwise) and citing her gcse A grade in business studies as a qualification :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
I can just imagine her flashing that gormless smirk to some clinically depressed or bipolar person and serving whatever bullshit casual magic is on the menu that day, and assuming that she has 'saved' someone. She's the epitome of the 'rich white girl starts to do yoga and considers herself a guru' cliché. Save it for the Curly Corner or whatever it is that you are calling your unsolicited self help line, Jade.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I am so sick of unedicated influencers talking about mental health. What she is describing is not a serious mental health issue, it is feeling a bit down for a few days, a bad mood, which we all feel. Equating a severe mental health issue to needing an umbrella is beyond insulting. Wow I am in a period of severe depression, good to know it will change like the english weather!!!
The irony of her posting that right after talking about her presence being toxically positive..ok Jade 🙄🙄

Reactions: 10
In short: Jade is doing more harm than good, as usual.

I can't imagine being 14 and seeing Jade's post and thinking my paranoid schizophrenia was just a "storm" I had to wait to pass. No no no. duck off this sensitive topic Jade, and just stick to your crappy casual magicism and Wikipedia essays. I don't condone "cancel culture" but she really is the exception.

Reactions: 33
In short: Jade is doing more harm than good, as usual.

I can't imagine being 14 and seeing Jade's post and thinking my paranoid schizophrenia was just a "storm" I had to wait to pass. No no no. duck off this sensitive topic Jade, and just stick to your crappy casual magicism and Wikipedia essays. I don't condone "cancel culture" but she really is the exception.
Amen to this, not to mention it was that kind of thinking that stopped me from speaking up about how severe my ptsd symptoms were at 12 years old... I just assumed everyone had these ~storms~..

I suffered for years as a child with paranoia, nightmares, hyper vigilance etc. and never told a soul because of videos like Jade’s.

And as a neuroscience and psych uni student, the whole video makes me sick.
Influencers: please 👏🏼 Stop 👏🏼talking 👏🏼 about 👏🏼 Topics 👏🏼 You 👏🏼 Know 👏🏼 Nothing 👏🏼 About

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.