Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think this is one of the (many) problems with Minerva, living somewhere you don't speak the language finding a job must be much more difficult I assume, I guess work in an Irish pub or something, but even then why would it be better for them to hire someone who only speaks English rather than a german who (most likely) also speaks perfect english
In Berlin its fairly easy to get a part time job if you don't speak German, when you go to a restaurant in Berlin sometimes the waiters only speak English and its no problem

DietGossip

VIP Member
I'm pretty sure she's only mentioning the problematic elements because of tattle. I said it before but there's a lot of times where we talk about stuff and she almost seems to reply to it or take the action - tagging one of her stories as a very clear AD recently comes to mind (which btw, good job Jade but maybe extend that to all of your videos and IG posts?)

Anyway, I don't care much about this book stuff or the way she's talking about it. The 'um...' is clearly meant to come off as uncomfortable but given her personality it comes off as almost careless or passive aggressive (I was going to use the word bitchy instead, but I hope someone knows what I mean aha). At the end of the day, she's not a booktuber and the whole conversation seems somewhat pointless as authors can (and honestly should to some extent) write about the more problematic things within society. If it starts a conversation, great. If people simply just enjoy the book, great. If people maybe reflect on the issues privately without talking about it with others (giving Jade the benefit of doubt here but also I rarely discuss what I read/how I feel about the topics I read about) also great. Plus, I think if you're going to even try to discuss paedophilia you have to be very very sensitive and the conversation isn't going to be for everyone, so it's probably smarter for Jade to just stay away from that
@ Jade if you're reading here, can you also address the fact that MLM books like CMBYN and RWRB are the biggest recced and make a point of going out and reading some WLW books too?