Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weirdly I did have to do this in French in school for GCSE level exams?

We had to write an essay at home on a particular topic, then memorise and write it in a timed exam.
I had to google it but apparently it's referred to as a 'Controlled assessment writing task'
I also had to do this. GCSE languages were, in my experience, very based on rote learning. It wasn't until A Level that they actually taught you how to construct your own sentences rather than just use pre-existing templates.

Reactions: 4
What‘s he going to study?
She didn't specify, just that he was planning to go there since his offer hasn't been confirmed yet.

I haven't watched one of Jade's videos in a long time, but another vomit inducing moment was around 9:50 of her latest vlog. She said she called a Waterstones in Swindon to ask if they had a copy of her book and apparently the store assistant just happened to say to her on the phone 'oh yeah it's a brilliant book, really helpful, good choice, it really helped me with my masters' :sick: I'm concerned for anyone who got something out of her terrible writing at a masters level

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
She didn't specify, just that he was planning to go there since his offer hasn't been confirmed yet.

I haven't watched one of Jade's videos in a long time, but another vomit inducing moment was around 9:50 of her latest vlog. She said she called a Waterstones in Swindon to ask if they had a copy of her book and apparently the store assistant just happened to say to her on the phone 'oh yeah it's a brilliant book, really helpful, good choice, it really helped me with my masters' :sick: I'm concerned for anyone who got something out of her terrible writing at a masters level

Either the store assistant is a bullshitter or Jade just made up that entire interaction lol

Reactions: 40
The book has just been published, unless the store assistant wrote her MA in one week, it's bullshit

• Haha
Reactions: 59
You don’t know people’s reasons for leaving their jobs though and neither does Jade.

High staff turnover usually indicates pressure or bullying from management. Plus teaching is a stressful job with long hours and it’s not the sort of thing that you can continue to do if you’re unwell.

I had several teachers leave but when you looked at the reasons it was because they’d suffered bereavement or one had cancer etc. Sometimes no explanation because students aren’t entitled to know their teacher’s private medical history.

Jade won’t know the very personal reasons why her teachers may have left. She’s just trying to make it sound like she had a rough time at a difficult school. Lies and exaggeration.
Exactly this. I also had multiple teachers who had surprise pregnancies who had to go on maternity leave halfway through the school year (bless one of them, she was in her 40s and pregnant with twins).

Reactions: 10

No one would make it to their Masters with already having great academic skills, especially since Masters are typically more research based that the 'rote' learning Jade seemingly pushes in the book.

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 12.43.53.png

Also, a review from Goodreads.

Reactions: 51
No one would make it to their Masters with already having great academic skills, especially since Masters are typically more research based that the 'rote' learning Jade seemingly pushes in the book.

View attachment 704667
Also, a review from Goodreads.
The grammar mistake is just hilarious

Reactions: 11
There's being proud of yourself, and then there's Jade. 🙄 She takes it to a whole other level. 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 16
I am watching to see how quickly Jade’s ‘book hunt on the M4’ turns into ‘when I did my national book signing tour’ …

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
She really thinks her hard work has somehow afforded her this achievement doesn't she?

Reactions: 18
'I didn't have big expectations for your book because it's written by a Youtuber'

Why read it then 🤔

Also I love that she's asking for reviews if she has helped over the years. Jade, that's not how reviews should work for books

Reactions: 21
Is there a way I can review it without actually buying the book?

I've only found Google play store books

Reactions: 1
'I didn't have big expectations for your book because it's written by a Youtuber'

Why read it then 🤔

Also I love that she's asking for reviews if she has helped over the years. Jade, that's not how reviews should work for books
I guarantee she will try and do some sort of giveaway in return for reviews

Reactions: 8
yep yep yep minerva seems so ableist, i know for a fact i wouldn’t be able to cope even if i wanted to go. they seem to have made no efforts to make their amazing new uni accessible. not very modern if you ask me
There's a whole section in their handbook that basically states some mental illnesses can be your fault and it's not their problem if you have to leave minerva because of it. I found it last year and was baffled, I think someone added it to the wiki on here.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Is there a way I can review it without actually buying the book?

I've only found Google play store books
You could review on a site like Goodreads by marking it read without reviewing it, but most official platforms need you to purchase it through them to review it

Reactions: 3
There's a whole section in their handbook that basically states some mental illnesses can be your fault and it's not their problem if you have to leave minerva because of it. I found it last year and was baffled, I think someone added it to the wiki on here.
I actually don't know how they get away with this tbh, it reminds me of the scientology appraoch of rejecting anti depressents etc

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.