Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

n8459

Chatty Member
I know I'm not OP, but I think what they meant is that one time she used a flag for a different country. Can't remember if it was the Netherlands/Luxembourg thing. But that is what I think they mean is that she could have mixed up the flags because she didn't know what it looked like.
When she did a Tik Tok about choosing to go to Berlin instead of London for 'university' she used the Belgian flag emoji instead of the German flag, despite being intuitively German lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 42

fwooper

VIP Member
Lol you could tell she was actually disappointed that she was "only" 5% Indonesian... what was she expecting. And why was it "unfortunate" that she was 0% African and 0% Middle Eastern? This girl is a racial fetishist and needs to stop. It's so obvious she was expecting a higher % of non-European ancestry and you can bet she would've made all sorts of offensive content exploring her ~African/Middle Eastern~ ancestry if she got like 0.005% in that category.

At least this is the top comment. Given how woke she pretends to be you think she'd acknowledge that colonialism is the reason she has any Indonesian ancestry in the first place.

Attachments

Reactions: 42

anakinskywalkers

This is kinda OT and has probably been mentioned before but I've always thought "casual magic" sounds like something Primark would put on their £2.50 t-shirts in rainbow writing or something 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 41

HollyLeaf

To be fair, it is often seen as HIGHLY unprofessional to leave a job at a school in the middle of the year, you’re subjecting your students to an entirely new teacher who may have different methods which can mess with their results, it IS pretty flakey of them to do that.
You don’t know people’s reasons for leaving their jobs though and neither does Jade.

High staff turnover usually indicates pressure or bullying from management. Plus teaching is a stressful job with long hours and it’s not the sort of thing that you can continue to do if you’re unwell.

I had several teachers leave but when you looked at the reasons it was because they’d suffered bereavement or one had cancer etc. Sometimes no explanation because students aren’t entitled to know their teacher’s private medical history.

Jade won’t know the very personal reasons why her teachers may have left. She’s just trying to make it sound like she had a rough time at a difficult school. Lies and exaggeration.

• Heart

peterbread

If you can’t afford your own rent without asking people to buy £2,000 laptops and £100 earphones then perhaps don’t go to one of the most expensive universities available to you

fwooper

VIP Member
It's just truly not normal to still be dwelling on a university rejection from when you were 17 years old while you're going into your third year of university. I feel like she promotes the idea that you should romanticise your rejection as a life changing moment and you need to do a long period of soul searching and self-analysis to figure out why you got rejected to get over it. But I think that can be quite a toxic approach to getting over a uni/job rejection. Sure, let yourself be upset for a while but sometimes you just have to train your brain to stop thinking and talking about it in order to move on. Not every minor setback in life needs to be treated like some kind of trauma.

Reactions: 40

slamvs27

VIP Member
Jade at the cash register: so, tell me your life mission and your first memory as a tiny tot. Oh, and when and how you plan on dying.

Cashier: Ma'm, this is a Wendy's

• Haha

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
She didn't specify, just that he was planning to go there since his offer hasn't been confirmed yet.

I haven't watched one of Jade's videos in a long time, but another vomit inducing moment was around 9:50 of her latest vlog. She said she called a Waterstones in Swindon to ask if they had a copy of her book and apparently the store assistant just happened to say to her on the phone 'oh yeah it's a brilliant book, really helpful, good choice, it really helped me with my masters' :sick: I'm concerned for anyone who got something out of her terrible writing at a masters level

Either the store assistant is a bullshitter or Jade just made up that entire interaction lol

fwooper

VIP Member
Says "not too expensive pls" but is asking for a 1 bed apartment in Mitte? The most expensive district for rent in Berlin? This girl is so sheltered it's insane.

Also, knowing how common this tactic is among influencers, I wonder if this is a sneaky way of vying for a freebie from an accommodation/travel company. Jack Edwards, Holly Gabrielle and Vee Kativhu have all received free/heavily discounted accommodation through sponsorships so wouldn't be surprised if she is fishing for a sponsorship with that story.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

HanHanHan

Also you could tell she was pissed off that she was mostly "average" - especially in terms of IQ and emotional intelligence. "I just get people" "I'm an emotional Pisces, I empathise TOO much!" sure Jade, as if you're not the most narcissistic person ever

• Haha

apple727

So let me get this straight, having acknowledged all of her audience is students, she is posting affiliate links asking us to spend our money (that ought to be spent on our own rent and living costs) on expensive products so she can make money and “pay her rent” when she’s just written an “Amazon bestseller” and probably has a good income from youtube, nevermind her MLM dad. Classy.
this genuinely makes me so angry. Stop using your privilege of having an audience and the luxury to use these products when most cannot afford them, to try and get your audience to help you to afford your own apartment in Berlin??? Is this just like you NEEDED to go across the world for your online university? If you can afford to go travelling through europe and backpacking in Australia, you have no right to manipulate people into feeling as though you are struggling financially enough to need to ask.

• Angry

Fastgirl154

That extract shows no awareness of any situations that could affect someone’s motivation to learn. Of course I don’t expect the book to be about that in anyway but it gives me ‘just think positively’ vibes.

I don’t want to compare hurdles in life but Jade talks about her learning as if she really had to fight to learn or something. Sure, I don’t know her personal life but she went to a good school, she was rich, healthy and white. She had most things handed to her and it makes me uncomfortable just from that extract.

I became severely ill in my final years, had to stay an extra 6 months whilst all my friends graduated without me and my father was found dead in a missing persons case 2 weeks before my final exams. Despite that, I graduated with a top atar and am happily at university.

None of this is to toot my own horn but it taught me how sometimes life is really unfair and it can push learning to the bottom of your priority list (and that’s okay!!). I think that’s important for young people to hear. I learnt a lot of skills and tricks to pass my exams that were realistic in light of everything. Sometimes you can give it your all and life will just punch you in the face.

I hate to think of any young people out there struggling with serious things feeling like they aren’t good enough because they can’t study and achieve like Jade.

Last edited:
  • Heart

ECH

VIP Member
Cheers Jade, it's good to know that I have chosen to suck forever and I don't just 'suck' at some things because I have ADHD. Glad to know it was a personal choice!

• Heart
  • Sad

HollyLeaf

I’m so annoyed that she’s trying to associate herself with london when she literally went to a really well known, high acheieving school in MAIDENHEAD. I went to an inner city state school in london and I have a hard time believing Jade’s was anything like it. If she thinks staff turnover is the sign of an uninspiring learning environment she must be so much more sheltered than I thought. It really pisses me off when people try to exaggerate shit like that like why are you trying so hard to appear disadavantaged??? Just acknowledge your privilege, you are so much more transparent than you seem.
This. She went to an Ofsted-graded Outstanding girls' school with only 5% of pupils eligible for free school meals, which is a tiny amount. Maidenhead is well below the national average of low income families.

Basically put, she's exaggerating because she doesn't want to own her own privilege. She went to an outstanding school in a rich area and grew up in a wealthy, supportive family. That's it. That's her story.

lemonlime

VIP Member
I am losing my mind over that "I am vegan :')" addition lmaoooo

As we all know, those of us who eat meat spend all our holidays clubbing baby seals. :poop: She broke the vegan code, Freelee will show up at her door at 3 AM with an axe like the purge.

• Haha
Reactions: 38