Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

igwhataloadof

Another newbie! Tired of the crap they spout and frankly it’s dangerous to newer runners. Apols in advance for the long rant…..

I started following Kelly when I was a similar level - mum with a young family and just doing what I could (although I also work full-time so I never understood the adoration she received). Then watching the affair play-out on social media and people still fawning over them ‘aw you guys.’ Those poor kids seeing all that one day.

I love the marathon and my goals always centre around that. Most my other times are similar (slightly faster) and my marathon PB is nearly an hour quicker. I never race the shorter distances whilst in marathon training, because the marathon is my main goal (and because I do enough running without abandoning / dragging my family around races all year). If her goal really is the marathon, then she’d be better to just focus on that. But it can’t be with the way she trains!

All that matters to them is the likes / freebies / insta-fame. That’s why it’s the constant races, small PBs and marathon blow-up. And he’s never PB’d since his first marathon! Be interesting to know if he was coached for his first….

My prediction for Amsterdam? She’ll go out too quick. She’ll say she’s aiming for sub-4 but she’ll feel ‘good’ and ‘strong’ so try and do a sub-3.45 but then the wheels will come well and truely off around 18/19 miles and we’ll have a repeat of Berlin. I’ve followed all sorts of plans and I’ve never seen one ‘racing’ a 22 miler or with an all-out half 2 weeks before.

60 mile running weeks?! WTA. I’ve seen ultra runners do less. Needing him to pace her to break a 4.45 after 60 mile weeks and her easy pace apparently being her HM pace? Seriously. Where is the admiration coming from? Oh look at me, I’m a full-time average runner with a live-in ‘coach,’ kit I don’t have to pay for, races I probably get paid to run, kids in nursery/school, no job and I need a personal pacer to break a 4.45. NO disrespect to people who have that marathon as a PB, they probably train far more sensibly!

Then we’ll get that saying that makes me want to vomit ‘the marathon is a beast that doesn’t owe you anything.’ BORE OFF. If you trained sensibly, fuelled
properly and don’t got off too fast like an idiot, you can well and truly own the marathon. She makes running seem so unattainable.

Apols for the long post. Just so over this utter tripe. Don’t even get me started on the elapsed times and the fact she wears carbon plated shoes for every ‘session.’ It’s all lies.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Tits post about Kelly 🤮🤮🤮🤮
Seeing as you read here Matt, what you wrote in your post is shameful. Kelly does not work hard. I DFAFF if she runs on tired legs or if she got up to race after 3 hours sleep. She is a parent to 4 children and had been away for them for 3 days. She should have come home, spent all of today doing what they wanted instead of what she wanted and then thought about her sleep.

If you want to discuss hard work, ask my wife. She is working throughout her summer holidays at summer school as well as planning lessons ahead of the new term. My neighbour, who works on behalf of traveller communities, hasn’t been seen in weeks because their situation has become so bad since the government changed the rules. Another neighbour, a police officer, is so worried about the rising COL, she did overtime (100s of miles away) at the commonwealth games so she could afford the months ahead.

The “work” you talk about is meaningless. You have had a free holiday where you barely did anything to earn it. You don’t deserve the races/times/kit you get. You won’t pay any attention to this because you are a) too ignorant to understand and b) too narcissistic to care. One day this will be gone and then where will you be?

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Wannabrunner39

Chatty Member
Hi, I’ve just signed up. I felt compelled to after these pair of idiots have annoyed me for the last few months.
I did used to follow her and admired her for what I believed she stood for. Even sent her a few messages of support and good luck before some events. No response I should add .
Anyway at the start of the year I decided to try a marathon. I’ve never run more than a half prior to this. I’m a deputy head of two schools and have three young children. I juggled it and would often look to see how she was getting on. I felt inadequate in my training although over all distances my PBS are quicker than hers . But still I turned up to Manchester (yes I turned up!) only having ran 1 20 mile run in training. And a couple of 17 milers. I completed Manchester in 4 hours 5 minutes. So whilst my training hadn’t looked like hers and I had worried I hadn’t done enough miles etc as I really did have no idea and looked to people like her for ‘tips’ - I believe on marathon attempt number 1 - I somehow managed something she hasn’t managed over several attempts . This isn’t even meant as a brag - but to highlight that she can give it the big ‘I am’ when she’s sharing the highs. But the hidden elapsed times, the true paces she runs, the ‘juggling’ is all an absolute facade . She must absolutely hate her so called friends like Runnerof4 who naturally blasts out amazing times race after race. I bet she seethes with anger that even with 60 miles plus weeks that she still can’t run better than a 1.50 half marathkn. Which by the way kelly if you’re reading here (which we know you are!) I did 1.45 on my first one. And I literally did couch to 5k only a few years ago.
Perhaps if you were a bit more humble and a bit less smug- you might actually have people wanting you to do well.

Sorry for the many typos . I’ve ranted this out!

She also absolutely meant to get around 1.45 today too. Pretty sure the fact she was in a green wave meant she put this down as a predicted finish time. She set out at the pace too.
She can’t run that pace for more than 5k/ maybe 10k at a push as long as there’s some hedges on route for her to throw up in .
I wonder how things will pan out in two weeks time. Although let us not forget she will have the pro pacer with her then - I pity anyone having to run near them. Him yelling at her . Her needing to veer off to be sick as she can’t sustain the paces that she thinks she can
Fun fun fun! Can see why they love the process so much!

Don’t know who this reminds me of 🤔

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Markmywords

LONG time lurker but I’ve had enough. Hard work and discipline? Are you joking? You do sweet FA other than ametuer running.
What about people who have JOBS and train around them? Key workers? Shift workers? People who actually want to spend time with their children and put running second…
The sooner these two plebs get off IG the better.

It’s taken a lot for me to post this. But I can’t stay quiet any longer, after what I’ve seen this weekend (don’t even get me started on Buff - I’m selling my headbands on eBay after that shit show - I don’t want to be associated with them). Ive spoken to too many people IRL who feel the same. So this one’s for them too. Enough is enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
This has wound me up so much I’ve come out of lurking! Hard work? Wtf! All she has to do is run (and eat crap!). She prioritises running over everything and she is a million miles away from being:
1. Boston qualified
2. A ‘role model’ for type 1
3. Training smart
I want to add one about parenting but I would hate someone to judge me on mine - but I will say that my kids are way more important than my running. I fit my running in around my family and my work, not the other way round.
These two are completely ‘cringe’ - to use one of my son’s favourite words. And for all the “hard work” she puts in she is far from inspiring. It would put you off to think you’d need to train like that for such minimal gain. All those miles are a waste of time for someone of her running capabilities and you just don’t need to do that to improve. I am a mum, I work, and when Mara training I run about 30-40 miles a week and I’m a sub 3 hour Mara runner (2 out of my 4 marathons). It’s hard because every run is targeted but I only do one marathon a year just so I can bring back the random runs and running ‘for fun’ so not always chasing bloody times. And yes it’s my hobby but it is not my everything. They’d have nothing without running or IG and that is actually very sad.

• Heart

louise1976

Well can I just say I did London yesterday and I got a 34mins PB with only 34 miles was my highest mileage. I also got GFA too I was 1:16 off BQ but you know what I couldn’t give a shit. Because it’s one run thats never interested me.

She is burning herself out before her race.. who races a half just before your marathon 🤯

• Heart

That’sOk

VIP Member
Thought he’d have worn his Ironman finishers top
That is hilarious!!! Could be incorporated into an early thread suggestion

Thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #8 Boston Mara and sub 15 flop, where’s the Ironman finisher top?

However I would manifest there will be many more fails between now and then. Better get colouring in

• Haha
Yayyyyyy!!! Woooo Hoooo! Go Kells go! You’re amazing! You’re a one off. Literally a one off. You’re the only full time distance runner in the world with a half PB as slow as 1.51!

if I could only do my full time job as well as people who did it in a few spare hours as hobby on top of their very demanding jobs and personal lives, it’s probably time for me to get a new job! Cringeworthy embarrassing fucks!

• Heart

igwhataloadof

‘Ditching the fam for a bonk in the ‘dam.’
Sorry that’s dreadful 😅
Thanks for the warm welcome! Those that suck up to them are just doing it to try and boost their own reps on IG ‘look who I’m friends with.’ 🙄
Secretly they’re all just here for the same shit show 🍿

• Haha
  • Heart

runderpants

Welcome to the fold newbies. Looks like her recent bullshit has tipped many more over the edge.
You’ve arrived just in time for the biggest bonk of the year in the tits household calendar which is the Amsterdam Marathon! Sit back and enjoy in the knowledge that your own training will never be as fucked as these 2.
Also relax and revel in the fact that you are well aware they are a pair of lying cunts who pretty much fake everything. All we can do is show sympathy for the poor bastards that still kiss their arse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

instawhat

I’m another coming out of lurking…
‘Don’t half-ass it’ was her Reel yesterday. That’s actually offensive and has triggered me enough to post! Sorry, but not many of us have the luxury of making running our full-time job and quite frankly, if it was my job I’d expect to see a heck of a lot more progress.
Sometimes I wonder if the crap training is deliberate, just to get themselves more attention. More people flock to Tattle, so they gauge more interest. It’s one of the reasons I’ve refrained from posting for so long.

Please tell me what is inspiring about someone who has no job, has the luxury of affording nursery and posts average running that she has all of the time in the world to do?

I have to weigh up working the hours that I do vs. nursery costs. I have to worry about if we can afford to heat our house in the winter. I love running but it is a hobby! Even the most of the decent IG and YouTube runners have day-jobs. I really do not understand the hype and why people find her training so inspiring, it baffles me. There are plenty of others who fit running in around jobs/children and are much better runners – that’s inspiring – that’s hard work!

Instacuckooland

Hi all, can't believe this exists. I've followed Kelly for a while despite some of the concerns it seems I share with you. Well, I saw today's Instagram post from her and commented for the first time. (I actually sent a video of her at last year's London Marathon but got no reply. Fair enough. You never know what strange people are sending you in your messages.) I literally said something along the lines of "Well done but I'm a bit worried about you running so hard so close to your target race". An hour later, I check back and I have been blocked. What? Literally the softest most constructive criticism and we're done. Unbelievable. Guess I'm gonna miss the endless identical selfies now!

• Wow
  • Haha

EC1A

i was injured at London last year and ran 4.27 and i overtook her at 15 miles so i'm going with around that time as she does have miles in her legs and if she tapers well and doesn't go out too fast i think she could steadily run that time.
Overtaking either of these work-shy cunts in a marathon should be on everyone’s bucket list.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My vagina dries up like the Sahara when I see or hear him 🤢 I can't even describe how much his voice turns my stomach.

Urgh and when he did his 'get in' on his story. Boak

• Haha
60 mile weeks to run a 1:50 as well…
I BQd yesterday… my highest milage week was 42 miles. Quality sessions, no junk, a rest day a week, a bit of cross training and 2 strength sessions a week. It’s not hard but she needs to ditch the trying to run heroic milage!

• Heart