thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Initially I thought she was on for a decent sub-4 but this training has been absolutely batshit, so I’m saying 4:33

Reactions: 5
I’m saying 4:40….. her long runs have been way off. there’s been no easy pace then MP pace in them at all. It all one pace. I run London next week 😬 my coach had me doing my long runs like 6 easy, 6 MP, easy for one run then my 20 mile one was 12 easy then the last 8 miles MP. There’s been nothing like that in her plan at all.

It really emphasises what a muppet of a trainer the tits really is! They have the dedication, time, geography and all the gear - just very little idea…

Reactions: 7
Wow how dare her children ask for a proper meal that isn’t beans on toast for dinner. Focus on your kids and household some more Kelly, your running will probably be better for it

Reactions: 10
What is she “juggling”? They both have the whole school day to run. What else do they do? How is that “juggling”? I think I’ve really lost any ability to feel anything other than irritation with them and their oblivion to the world around them.

Reactions: 14
Well if you see her latest 20 mile LR she bonked spectacularly at the last 8k, and her elapsed time was 3.31.
For someone that casually runs almost 100k weeks in their training block it’s actually fascinating that she can’t do a proper LR and how wasted and junk all those miles are.
I reckon that in her head it’s all about volume regardless of paces, intensity, speed, and obviously she is always too tired to focus on any of those. Whereas in fact if she dropped about 20-25 miles each week and had some actual key workouts rather than purely junk miles she would do so much better.

Reactions: 13
Well if you see her latest 20 mile LR she bonked spectacularly at the last 8k, and her elapsed time was 3.31.
For someone that casually runs almost 100k weeks in their training block it’s actually fascinating that she can’t do a proper LR and how wasted and junk all those miles are.
I reckon that in her head it’s all about volume regardless of paces, intensity, speed, and obviously she is always too tired to focus on any of those. Whereas in fact if she dropped about 20-25 miles each week and had some actual key workouts rather than purely junk miles she would do so much better.
Exactly this. I’m doing a marathon next week and I’ve peaked training at 50 miles per week just before taper. Most were around 35-40 mpw. I am a sub 3 hour marathon runner. For a marathon I target that race for a minimum of 12 weeks - and my training focuses on 3 run types: long (which every few weeks include a decent chunk at target MP, and pref at the end), lactate threshold training or vo2 max / interval work (latter closer to marathon), and easy or general aerobic depending on recovery needed. I don’t do miles for the sake of it or ‘race’ every bloody weekend. I strength train every week and cross train for recovery and feel like unless I’m ill (kids have colds at the mo 🙄) or get my period on the day (gives me jelly legs!), I’m on for a time I’d be happy with because I’m confident in my training. If I had trained like Kelly I would be extremely terrified of 18 miles onwards!

Is it the 16th October yet?? My popcorn stockpiling is becoming uncontrollable. I’m with most here, she’ll have a strong half then the wheels will come off and she’ll finish around 4:30. If she starts at all, let’s not forget she threw up at park run 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yeah, if she was so upset and anxious going to a Parkrun, she’ll be losing it travelling to another country. She’ll eat food that doesn’t agree with her again I think, hasn’t that happened every time she’s travelled?

For me, I just don’t understand the differences in the elapsed time. If you’ve got to stop to slow your heart rate, then it’s not an easy run? And therefore if she’s so used to stopping/walking on most runs, she’s got no chance completing anywhere near 3.30.

Surely she’s not enjoying this anymore? How tired and haggered she looked on her ‘ticking boxes’ stories the other day. I almost hope someone just gives a free spot now. Put her, her children and everyone else out of their misery. I don’t actually think she’ll ever BQ, especially never with Tits on her shoulder.

Reactions: 11
Yeah, if she was so upset and anxious going to a Parkrun, she’ll be losing it travelling to another country. She’ll eat food that doesn’t agree with her again I think, hasn’t that happened every time she’s travelled?

For me, I just don’t understand the differences in the elapsed time. If you’ve got to stop to slow your heart rate, then it’s not an easy run? And therefore if she’s so used to stopping/walking on most runs, she’s got no chance completing anywhere near 3.30.

Surely she’s not enjoying this anymore? How tired and haggered she looked on her ‘ticking boxes’ stories the other day. I almost hope someone just gives a free spot now. Put her, her children and everyone else out of their misery. I don’t actually think she’ll ever BQ, especially never with Tits on her shoulder.
Please I hope no one gives her a spot because then she'll be insufferable about doing the "big one". And, let's be honest, if she did get a free spot, she'd do exactly what the Runnerbeans is doing and still want to qualify to make it legit in the end.

What she needs is a fresh look at her training approach at the end of this - how did those 60-mile weeks benefit in the end? I guess we'll see after race day, but if she doesn't have a huge PR, were 60 mile weeks worth it? She's spending upwards of 10+ hours each week running - that's not too far from what elites put in each week.

60 mile weeks for her target time is absolute MADNESS. Nobody needs to do 60 mile weeks to achieve a 4:00 marathon, the concept is absurd.

She needs to dump tits, make him move back in with mum & dad and then get herself a job like the rest of us. Then, as she won’t have endless time on her hands, she’ll actually do better quality training when she does and will end up with a better result. Not being chained to that pathetic scrounger will also be a plus.

lif she did get a free spot, she'd do exactly what the Runnerbeans is doing and still want to qualify to make it legit in the end.
No she wouldn’t, Kelly isn’t that sort of person. She take the freebie and not give a tit about properly qualifying and say she’s earned it from the hours of hard work and it was meant to be blah blah blaaaah

Reactions: 9
New thread suggestion
ALL IN running in the Buff; you’ll get a PB if you WANT IT enough

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She makes training for a marathon look terrifying. I've got to fit training for my first one next year alongside working full time and parenting young children who have their own extra-curricular activities to do, I wont be doing the sort of mileage she's cramming in.

I'm also not sure how with T1 and all the time she has to put into her training she hasn't worked out what fuel works for her to avoid stomach problems.

Reactions: 7
She used to actually do strength training and speak about how important it is. Of course now she's been prioritising 60 miles of junk, she hasn't done any in 7 weeks

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
FFS just stupidly nipped on his IG and saw he was the one who said do homemade lasagne...make it yourself you knob.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She’s been out already for 7 miles including 5 minutes elapsed time. Who wants to bet she goes out later and makes it a double run junk day?! Probably with an IG story of a boomerang in the rain with mascara smudged to show how hard working she is and how she fits it all in…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She used to actually do strength training and speak about how important it is. Of course now she's been prioritising 60 miles of junk, she hasn't done any in 7 weeks
I always remember what my physio said to me in 2016. “You cannot run the distances you are running without doing strength training.” I was training for a half marathon and doing maybe 30km a week?

He didn’t want me to jump round my living room with a pair of dumbbells either. He wanted squats, deadlifts and things that challenged my legs, core and posterior chain. Imagine the strength you lose not doing strength while marathon training. ☹

duck me, she doesn’t half spout some absolute bollocks. What is she juggling? Ignoring her children, not working or cleaning the house balanced with trips to Greggs? All this whilst she is absolutely focused solely on the (unachievable) outcome. She proves this by the endless BQ journeys she embarks on. What’s that North Star cuntery about?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She has remained silent all week now on the lack of 20 miler last weekend witb Swansea 10k as a finisher. I thought after a few days of dust settling she'd address it, thought the box ticking story was going to mention it when she started up about few opportunities now for long run. But no.
Is she also planning to run, and box tick, everyday up until the day?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.