thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not enough long runs, and no long runs with intervals at marathon pace.
But, what is her intended marathon pace? I assume she isn't intending to BQ at Amsterdam and this is just a part way goal, or is she deluded enough to think it's achievable? I don't watch her vlogs so I don't know if she's said what her Amsterdam goal is. At this point in time I think she'll be pushing it to even get sub 4.
I’m fairly sure she did a vlog at the start of this block and said she was going all in to trust the process and get 3:35.

edit to add: she actually said 3:30. She needs 3:35. Current PB is 4:45 and her last marathons (must have been Berlin and London as she DNS Manchester) were 5hrs+.
went onto her YouTube to find it and she’s had so many Boston Marathon journeys, she might as well have a bloody season ticket

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
If you have to stop on your easy runs. Then you are going too fast

Dosnt matter about the pace or HR. As long as it feels easy

Reactions: 5
3.30 - I have no words! Probably more like 4.30. unbelievable that people lap up this crap she spouts and blow smoke up her arse about it. Unless they are all really doing it with their tongue in their cheek like we are.

• Haha
Do you think they have sex with a HR on ?
They totally will, and analyse the data! And now can’t get disturbed images out of my head of him shouting mid act… “WANT IT, Kelly, WANT IT!”

Imagine if one day he posts it on Strava. Just like he did with a sports massage that stravawankers highlighted for us all 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Do you think they have sex with a HR on ?
No but I heard just before the 59 seconds are up, he uses the patch on the back of his arm to check his blood glucose levels and then shouts in a high pitched voice “WANT IIIIIT”.

Heard he does it on tires legs too.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
They totally will, and analyse the data! And now can’t get disturbed images out of my head of him shouting mid act… “WANT IT, Kelly, WANT IT!”

Imagine if one day he posts it on Strava. Just like he did with a sports massage that stravawankers highlighted for us all 😂
I just spat my coffee out! lol

Reactions: 3
Someone I know is hoping they can get sub 3:30 at their upcoming marathon, they've been doing long runs with sections at goal pace, solid speed sessions and are down to a 20 minute parkrun...you know...actually prepared and their current PB is 3:35.

Kels is having a laugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s definitely setting the scene for a DNS, DNF and/or bonk. She knows it’s not going to go well. We know it’s not going to go well. She knows that we know and is sowing the seeds for a number of different reasons excuses upon which she can fall when it goes wrong. Why doesn’t she just accept that she’s clearly not ok, that this endless BQ training is actually messing up every single marathon and that she’d be more respected if she was honest and withdrew and took a break?

What are people thinking?

I thought she might be on for a very decent sub 4, but consistent disparity between elapsed pace and Strava pace is showing her up.

I’ve made this mistake myself (kidded myself?!) and you really do need that long run sustained at at least big chunks of marathon pace, if not all.

I’m not confident she’s gonna make a sub 4 at this rate, but for sure she should PB?

Reactions: 5
What are people thinking?

I thought she might be on for a very decent sub 4, but consistent disparity between elapsed pace and Strava pace is showing her up.

I’ve made this mistake myself (kidded myself?!) and you really do need that long run sustained at at least big chunks of marathon pace, if not all.

I’m not confident she’s gonna make a sub 4 at this rate, but for sure she should PB?
the miles she’s run, the absolute focus on this target, living in with her coach 🤢 on paper she should absolutely smash 4 hours

in reality -extremely doubtful! Due to incorrect training. 4.25

Reactions: 6
I'm thinking she'll be around 4:30. She'll have a decent first half, and then the wheels will fall off.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.