thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another newbie! Tired of the crap they spout and frankly it’s dangerous to newer runners. Apols in advance for the long rant…..

I started following Kelly when I was a similar level - mum with a young family and just doing what I could (although I also work full-time so I never understood the adoration she received). Then watching the affair play-out on social media and people still fawning over them ‘aw you guys.’ Those poor kids seeing all that one day.

I love the marathon and my goals always centre around that. Most my other times are similar (slightly faster) and my marathon PB is nearly an hour quicker. I never race the shorter distances whilst in marathon training, because the marathon is my main goal (and because I do enough running without abandoning / dragging my family around races all year). If her goal really is the marathon, then she’d be better to just focus on that. But it can’t be with the way she trains!

All that matters to them is the likes / freebies / insta-fame. That’s why it’s the constant races, small PBs and marathon blow-up. And he’s never PB’d since his first marathon! Be interesting to know if he was coached for his first….

My prediction for Amsterdam? She’ll go out too quick. She’ll say she’s aiming for sub-4 but she’ll feel ‘good’ and ‘strong’ so try and do a sub-3.45 but then the wheels will come well and truely off around 18/19 miles and we’ll have a repeat of Berlin. I’ve followed all sorts of plans and I’ve never seen one ‘racing’ a 22 miler or with an all-out half 2 weeks before.

60 mile running weeks?! WTA. I’ve seen ultra runners do less. Needing him to pace her to break a 4.45 after 60 mile weeks and her easy pace apparently being her HM pace? Seriously. Where is the admiration coming from? Oh look at me, I’m a full-time average runner with a live-in ‘coach,’ kit I don’t have to pay for, races I probably get paid to run, kids in nursery/school, no job and I need a personal pacer to break a 4.45. NO disrespect to people who have that marathon as a PB, they probably train far more sensibly!

Then we’ll get that saying that makes me want to vomit ‘the marathon is a beast that doesn’t owe you anything.’ BORE OFF. If you trained sensibly, fuelled
properly and don’t got off too fast like an idiot, you can well and truly own the marathon. She makes running seem so unattainable.

Apols for the long post. Just so over this utter tripe. Don’t even get me started on the elapsed times and the fact she wears carbon plated shoes for every ‘session.’ It’s all lies.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
60 mile running weeks?! WTA. I’ve seen ultra runners do less. Needing him to pace her to break a 4.45 after 60 mile weeks and her easy pace apparently being her HM pace? Seriously. Where is the admiration coming from? Oh look at me, I’m a full-time average runner with a live-in ‘coach,’ kit I don’t have to pay for, races I probably get paid to run, kids in nursery/school, no job and I need a personal pacer to break a 4.45. NO disrespect to people who have that marathon as a PB, they probably train far more sensibly!
absolutely BANG ON😂
If they take a step back surely they can see what an embarrassment they are!
[/QUOTE]

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi all, can't believe this exists. I've followed Kelly for a while despite some of the concerns it seems I share with you. Well, I saw today's Instagram post from her and commented for the first time. (I actually sent a video of her at last year's London Marathon but got no reply. Fair enough. You never know what strange people are sending you in your messages.) I literally said something along the lines of "Well done but I'm a bit worried about you running so hard so close to your target race". An hour later, I check back and I have been blocked. What? Literally the softest most constructive criticism and we're done. Unbelievable. Guess I'm gonna miss the endless identical selfies now!
I've been blocked by them three times, once for just liking a comment on one of Kelly's posts 🙄.

Why tits though? Just because he gets his top off a lot? :) I
Instaclowns started calling him Welshtits and it got shortened to just Tits, which is pretty accurate!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Then we’ll get that saying that makes me want to vomit ‘the marathon is a beast that doesn’t owe you anything.’ BORE OFF. If you trained sensibly, fuelled
properly and don’t got off too fast like an idiot, you can well and truly own the marathon. She makes running seem so unattainable.
Thanks for saying this, I am doing my first marathon next year and already worrying because of the way people go on. I know Kells is an idiot so not so much worried about her but I have a few friends who did marathons the last two weeks and I've looked at the strava and just about every one of them went out at a pace they then didn't maintain for the whole thing. I don't want to get carried away when I do mine, push the head button and blow up.

Full on rolling about laughing at the idea that she's raced a half marathon hard two weeks out from her marathon and the suggestion that she'll be on "tapered" legs...no, she'll still be knackered.

Reactions: 6
Thanks for saying this, I am doing my first marathon next year and already worrying because of the way people go on. I know Kells is an idiot so not so much worried about her but I have a few friends who did marathons the last two weeks and I've looked at the strava and just about every one of them went out at a pace they then didn't maintain for the whole thing. I don't want to get carried away when I do mine, push the head button and blow up.

Full on rolling about laughing at the idea that she's raced a half marathon hard two weeks out from her marathon and the suggestion that she'll be on "tapered" legs...no, she'll still be knackered.
don't forget she raced a 22-miler the week before that as well. Plus, as if Tits is going to let her rest and recover - that's just a sign she doesn't WANT IT enough.

Welcome to the fold newbies. Looks like her recent bullshit has tipped many more over the edge.
You’ve arrived just in time for the biggest bonk of the year in the tits household calendar which is the Amsterdam Marathon! Sit back and enjoy in the knowledge that your own training will never be as fucked as these 2.
Also relax and revel in the fact that you are well aware they are a pair of lying cunts who pretty much fake everything. All we can do is show sympathy for the poor bastards that still kiss their arse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
‘Ditching the fam for a bonk in the ‘dam.’
Sorry that’s dreadful 😅
Thanks for the warm welcome! Those that suck up to them are just doing it to try and boost their own reps on IG ‘look who I’m friends with.’ 🙄
Secretly they’re all just here for the same tit show 🍿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
‘Ditching the fam for a bonk in the ‘dam.’
Sorry that’s dreadful 😅
Thanks for the warm welcome! Those that suck up to them are just doing it to try and boost their own reps on IG ‘look who I’m friends with.’ 🙄
Secretly they’re all just here for the same tit show 🍿
Potential new thread title? 😂

Reactions: 7
The framing of the "26 min PB" from when she first ran Cardiff half in 2016 as being some inspirational success story is also very disingenuous.

If you run your first ever half marathon as a noob (as many of us do) for the challenge and experience, and then you get into running properly (and train sensibly), you'll probably knock ~26 mins off your half marathon PB in 12-18 months.

Non-stop training, entering countless races, constantly in "marathon blocks", doing running as a "career", running 60 mile weeks with a live-in "coach", taking your half marathon PB from 2:16 to 1:50 in 6 years isn't quite so impressive 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
60 mile weeks to run a 1:50 as well…
I BQd yesterday… my highest milage week was 42 miles. Quality sessions, no junk, a rest day a week, a bit of cross training and 2 strength sessions a week. It’s not hard but she needs to ditch the trying to run heroic milage!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So many of us joined here in the last few days- wonder how many more are starting to see through the constant acts they both portray.

I only found them - him first- because of London Marathon - actually watched it happening live and cried 🤣 . And then I must have somehow ended up following her but not knowing the situation behind how they got together.

I love seeing people succeed and especially women supporting women, so like I said in a previous post, I really liked her to start with and what I thought she represented. I am absolutely not being bitchy with my now dislike of them both.

But now I see that in actual fact they’re both just a pair of spanners 🤣🤣

All the new posters have described how I feel far more eloquently though 🤣

Reactions: 13
I can't even imagine how I'd fit in a 60 mile week let alone why I'd need to. I get all confused though because I do all my running maths in km not miles 😆 maybe I should be going for Amsterdam marathon instead of a UK one.

I want women to succeed but not her doing what she'd doing now and implying it's the only way. Absolutely not.

Reactions: 5
60 mile weeks to run a 1:50 as well…
I BQd yesterday… my highest milage week was 42 miles. Quality sessions, no junk, a rest day a week, a bit of cross training and 2 strength sessions a week. It’s not hard but she needs to ditch the trying to run heroic milage!
Congrats on the Bq, if that’s something that you are after 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Kells could only get one of those if they sold them at Greggs

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Congrats on the Bq, if that’s something that you are after 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Kells could only get one of those if they sold them at Greggs
Annoyingly having to use all my annual leave for elaborate family weddings means I won’t get to Boston before it expires but was happy with the time and should be enough to actually get in on a GFA again. Maybe in a couple of years!
I also have a very well paid, but very full time job that I do loads of overtime on… and I clean my house 😬

Reactions: 11
Annoyingly having to use all my annual leave for elaborate family weddings means I won’t get to Boston before it expires but was happy with the time and should be enough to actually get in on a GFA again. Maybe in a couple of years!
I also have a very well paid, but very full time job that I do loads of overtime on… and I clean my house 😬
Huge congrats on your BQ! That’s ace and probably hasn’t taken two years of manifesting either 🤔🤣.
that’s what we normal folk call juggling 🤣. When they say ‘juggling ‘ do we know what exactly they mean?!
Have we ever seen them rushing to get everyone out the house by 7 on a school day to drop them off at various breakfast clubs before getting themselves to work?! Have we ever seen the rushed school pick up as they dash back from work - dodging traffic and god knows what else?! Have we seen them have work pressures? Have to sacrifice their own running to take a child to clubs / social events etc? What do they think they’re juggling? I’m intrigued 🤔🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.