thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t think she could be anymore of a bleep and then I looked at her Strava… what the duck does this even mean? Wish it meant she was making a nice healthy home cooked meal for her kids…
I thought exactly the same. *CRINGE*. Awkward that with 4100 Strava followers, only 30 commented congratulating her on her half marathon PB. I think everyone is sick of the bullshit now.

Reactions: 8
He'll be doing the South West PB series. He'll be chucking the kitchen sink, all the dice and wanting it more than is humanly possible.
Wonder if he’s doing it for another attempt as they have pacers and he can stick to one rather than fire off with the leaders thinking he’s better than he is and then blowing up

Reactions: 2
I didn’t think she could be anymore of a bleep and then I looked at her Strava… what the duck does this even mean? Wish it meant she was making a nice healthy home cooked meal for her kids…
This actually makes me feel sick. Such a head. Who even writes that kind of crap? And it’s even worse when you’re just an average runner who overtrains. I’d like to reply on there with “recipe for disaster, chef Kel?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Can’t believe tits is going all in again. These PB attempts from him are getting embarrassing. I hope he fluffs it again the bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m another coming out of lurking…
‘Don’t half-ass it’ was her Reel yesterday. That’s actually offensive and has triggered me enough to post! Sorry, but not many of us have the luxury of making running our full-time job and quite frankly, if it was my job I’d expect to see a heck of a lot more progress.
Sometimes I wonder if the crap training is deliberate, just to get themselves more attention. More people flock to Tattle, so they gauge more interest. It’s one of the reasons I’ve refrained from posting for so long.

Please tell me what is inspiring about someone who has no job, has the luxury of affording nursery and posts average running that she has all of the time in the world to do?

I have to weigh up working the hours that I do vs. nursery costs. I have to worry about if we can afford to heat our house in the winter. I love running but it is a hobby! Even the most of the decent IG and YouTube runners have day-jobs. I really do not understand the hype and why people find her training so inspiring, it baffles me. There are plenty of others who fit running in around jobs/children and are much better runners – that’s inspiring – that’s hard work!

Reactions: 20
Wonder if he’s doing it for another attempt as they have pacers and he can stick to one rather than fire off with the leaders thinking he’s better than he is and then blowing up
I've had a quick look at the start list and currently there are only 3 sub 15 runners (this year) then I think he's the 4th fastest on paper. Not sure if there'll be enough bodies to pull him along but we'll see!

Reactions: 4
Whatever way I look at it, I’d rather be a mediocre runner who puts my kids first than put running first and my kids second. It just makes me so sad for the kids that they are so far down that priority list.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've had a quick look at the start list and currently there are only 3 sub 15 runners (this year) then I think he's the 4th fastest on paper. Not sure if there'll be enough bodies to pull him along but we'll see!
It’s breezy down here in the south west today. He’ll fluff and claim a headwind slowed him down.

Reactions: 2
I can’t quite get my head around how these two conceptualise their lives, “full time running careers” and parenting. We only see snapshots but it seems abundantly clear that running>children. What was the actual point in UTMB? Or Kenya? How do they justify dragging their kids to stand bored for hours waiting to see a few seconds of their obsessed parent support races? I hope that they all have another adult caregiver who actually puts them first or provides some of the attention and focused time they so need. And Harry…he mostly has either a dummy or sugar fix in his mouth whilst forced in a jostling buggy “run.” Do they nurture his learning? Read to him (and the others), help with homework, play, WITHOUT a camera, GoPro or laptop in sight?
And are they even aware of the cost of living crisis and the lack of relatability they have to most? Clearly I need to go for a run as I’m getting too wound up by a pair of selfish w*******.

Reactions: 12
WTF?! It's the last few days of the holidays, can't she do something with the kids? I've been on holiday so haven't been on insta for 2 weeks. Just been intermittently dipping on here, can't believe this pair of dipshits got a UTMB gig. Expected better of a long established brand like Buff to find someone more relevant (and deserving) to get the gig.
My August mileage is one third of Kelly's weekly mileage😆 what with the heat wave and school holidays it's all I felt like.
ETA lol at trying the Maurten again, she bonked badly on it last time and lots pointed out to her it might not be the best type gel for a T1. Just desperate for a gift even if it's not suitable at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I don’t understand how she hasn’t had a stress fracture or other injury from overtraining. Sounds like another long run today.

Reactions: 6
While shes celebrating her half mara pb does she actually realise that to come close to a BQ shes gonna have to run two half marathons back to back and one of them at least 10 mins faster than that pb . She will have given it her all and yet thats the best she can shuffle to. Her history of the marathon is poor at best, shell do well to go sub 4.15. I can almost accept the selfish training over spending time with her kids if she was a professional elite runner earning a living from it but shes not even ever gonna be almost that close to being that good. What will her kids remember from their summer holidays, ?. Absolutely nothing good .

Reactions: 10
Playing around whilst I have plenty of time. Is that because she won’t start her next marathon???
Also, why didn’t she play around with fuel before? How did she get through that 19 miler the other week? Oh right, because she had no freebies and would have had to pay for it herself 👍🏻

Reactions: 5
While shes celebrating her half mara pb does she actually realise that to come close to a BQ shes gonna have to run two half marathons back to back and one of them at least 10 mins faster than that pb . She will have given it her all and yet thats the best she can shuffle to. Her history of the marathon is poor at best, shell do well to go sub 4.15. I can almost accept the selfish training over spending time with her kids if she was a professional elite runner earning a living from it but shes not even ever gonna be almost that close to being that good. What will her kids remember from their summer holidays, ?. Absolutely nothing good .
This is what I don’t get - IF (and it’s a big IF) she does BQ one day, then what? How is that inspiring? Showing to go from an average runner, you need to quit your job (presuming she had one) put running before your children and then you can get somewhere…. and currently that somewhere is really not very far in the grand scheme of runners who have other priorities. What’s inspiring about that?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.