Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I got pulled over by the police last year (turns out for no reason they said they just wanted to check I was okay because I was driving after midnight??) and I swear my heart was in my mouth and I immediately thought of everything I’ve ever done wrong (didn’t scan a pack of prawns once at the self checkout in Asda) and also started sweating thinking what if they find a dead body in my boot??

Can’t even IMAGINE how I would have felt had I actually just committed murder a few weeks prior

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

SunshineRae

VIP Member
Gosh, Ethan’s mum and dad’s post made me feel really choked 😢 It’s all so terribly sad, but something about him being a triplet…
AAD2587C-DA82-470C-AEAE-6EB1493CE5D9.jpeg

FA050821-9089-46F3-9EBB-BD3E2B7FB071.jpeg
879E43D4-D6AB-48F5-8EF9-0FF1D9A7304A.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
I swear some people are acting angrier at Dylan rather than the actual murderer ffs 🤦🏼‍♀️ hate tiktok sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Angelic37

VIP Member
Honestly- I don’t want to blame D at all, but all I will say is that it’s baffling she didn’t ring the police. I’ve lived in a huge college house before and I know if I saw a masked man walking past me I would be calling 911. However it’s totally acceptable she was absolutely frozen with fear and wasn’t thinking straight. Equally she may have been on substances and didn’t want to get in trouble. It’s unlikely she knew how serious the situation was.

all I hope is that she is able one day to heal and live a happy and fulfilled life.
This is going to sound weird but I totally understand Dylan staying in her room for hours and not calling the police. Twice I've had traumatic occasions where I have just completely shut down and gone to sleep to escape the terror, blacked out/closed down/in abject shock, or a combination of these. One incident, I was on holiday with my partner and he beat me, badly. Some lads from the room next door could hear and started kicking the door down to get at my boyfriend and beat the shit out of him. It was absolutely terrifying and my boyfriend had no option but to jump over the balcony. We were on the 6th floor. The lads broke down the door, looked over the balcony and said "looks like he's dead anyway, good". The trauma and shock from it all absolutely crippled me, I had no idea what to do. So I got in bed and went to sleep as I couldn't handle consciousness and reality. Someone came to fix the door and some girls came to check if I was ok apparently, slept through it all. I only "came to" when my boyfriend crawled into the room with two broken legs.

No one knows what they would do in a trauma situation until it happens. No one. Anyone criticising Dylan needs to have a serious word with themselves.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

hmmm_no

VIP Member
Dylan clearly had nothing to do with the murders, and clearly has done nothing wrong. She would’ve been arrested weeks ago if there was any doubt at all about that
Yea, the "why didn't she get up and check on her roommates, we always checked on our friends, why didn't she call the police immediately?!?!?" talk is so unhelpful and unnecessary. You really think she's not kicking herself for that over and over again? Everyone needs to back off the woman, if the police thought she did something wrong I don't think they'd just let her walk free. One of the two TikTok creators I trust to cover this case said it best: She did her job, she survived. Even if she had called 911 immediately, it wouldn't bring the four murdered people back to life.

It's time to stop saying with any certainty whatsoever what you think you'd do in the situation (using the general "you", not any specific poster), because you were not in the situation. You don't know how you'd react. You just don't. We all like to think we'd react perfectly but until/unless the situation arises, you. do. not. know. And I hope to g-d it stays that way. Because no one should have to live with that horror.

Last edited:
  • Heart

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
The video of BK's dad is so sad, cleaning up the mess left by the police, wearing a mask to hide his face from the media. It's not the families' faults, they must be in shock too and probably just going through the motions of each day. And you just know the media were probably shouting to him things about Bryan like have they spoken to him or did he do it... Like his dad's going to turn around and say "actually yes I've spoken to him and he said x, y, z" :rolleyes:
My heart breaks for his dad. From the traffic stop videos he appeared to be just a proud dad accompanying his son home for Christmas break. That video of him cleaning up his house just made me so sad for him.

• Sad
  • Heart

NeverEnough

VIP Member
With regard to Dylan everyone who is criticising her seem to think that when you witness something you respond in a cool calm and measured manner and know instinctively what to do. Nothing can be further from the truth. The worst crime scene I ever witnessed was in Newcastle where two Chinese students were basically sliced into pieces by gangsters. The first thing I saw on entering the premises was a severed hand lying on the carpet. The next thing I saw was the garden where I had to run to in order to vomit up my guts so as not to contaminate the scene. And at the time I had ten years experience in the job. Good only knows how a relatively young lass would have reacted.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

lethscsmofdero

Chatty Member
Has anybody seen that the daily mail has released an “article” which just consists of tons of invasive photos of one of the surviving housemates? I’m not going to link it (and I don’t recommend searching for it) because it should not get more views that it already has. This is a new low even for daily mail, it’s absolutley disgusting that some weirdo would take fucking photos of an incredibly vulnerable young girl, and some arsehole excuse of a journalist would think this is something to publish.

It is literally just a bunch of photos of her outside her house, and a recap of the case and the affidavit. It’s absolutley nauseating that they’ve even published this, and disclosed where she is and reiterated the time between her seeing the suspect and 911 call. There are already so many gross individuals online picking this traumatised girl apart and speculating on her involvement, why the fuck would daily mail think it’s appropriate to tell these weird chronically online psychos where to find her?

I hope everybody who has been making comments online about how her being awake “doesn’t sit right” with them, and how they simply can’t understand why she wouldn’t call 911 immediately, and accusing her of having had the opportunity to save her friends lives (even though the coroner has stated that it wouldn’t have changed the outcome because they were already dead) feel really fucking dumb, because they are just incredibly stupid.

We don’t know anything other than probably 5% of information regarding the case that law enforcement have shared, we have absolutley no idea what exactly the housemate did or didn’t do after she went inside her room. People on tiktok keep questioning why she didn’t message her housemates, and why she didn’t try ringing anybody, when we have no way of knowing that she didn’t do that. She was awoken after having been out and probably couldn’t even grasp what was going on and was just confused. Her phone could have been out of her room. She could have felt silly for ringing 911 bevause at that point she didn’t actually know what had happened. She “froze” due to the shock of seeing somebody in the house who she didn’t know, not because she was aware that 4 of her friends had just been murdered.

To the people who keep saying things like “it makes no sense that she wouldn’t call 911, despite being very shocked and confused”, “why would she go back inside her room after seeing a random man in her home in the middle of the night, instead of tackling him down, tying him up and waiting for police officers to arrive”, “why wouldn’t she leave her room and investigate, despite not knowing if the man was still in the house”, “how could she have a completley normal psychological reaction to seeing something unnerving and not snap out of it and call 911”, “my teenage daughter would never react the way she did! she’d have the sense to immediately call 911”, “if it was ME, in this situation which i can’t even fathom ever experiencing, I would immediately leave my room to check what was going on and then call 911 and save everyone’s lives!” etc. I hope you develop some common sense and emotional intelligence at some point, because you sound beyond fucking moronic and insensitive, there’s numerous logical explanations to her reaction, there’s so much information that is not available to the public and may never be and until you’ve been in her exact situation you have no idea how you’ll react. I’m not even necessarily directing this at people on this thread, because compared to twitter, tiktok and news outlet comments, people on here (for the most part) have had the normal reaction to recognise this poor girl as a victim.

Also, the amount of people who are so quick to believe random rumours that they’ve seen in comments and random posts and use them as “evidence” for their strange obsessive theories is mind boggling. Absolutely nothing is confirmed until law enforcement verifies it and i’m genuinely concerned at how stupid people can be and how they’re so desperate to insert themselves into this case by communicating rumours as though they are facts, those wannabe tiktok reporters should be banned because they’re constantly spreading misinformation that insane people are using to back up their claims and it’s exhausting to witness.

Sorry for the long post.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Maybe I’m strange here but I can completely understand why she didn’t ring the police or go out to have a look.
The whole murder apparently only took 20 minutes and there were no screams reported which would definitely have been included in the affidavit.
We don’t actually know what she saw, only that she saw him leave and had his face covered. She doesn’t say she saw a knife in his hand or blood. She said she opened her door to some noises that according to her report, in my personal opinion, are perfectly normal noises for a college party house, especially after a night out of drinking and somebody coming home with their boyfriend and ordering food at 4am. I’d imagine that’s a fairly regular occurrence. My mind would not be jumping straight to “my roommates are being murdered”. She probably locked the door after being a bit freaked out that some random was in the house and thought “I’ll ask them about it in the morning” then went to sleep probably about 5am and woke at like midday which is arguably a normal amount of time to sleep for if you’re up at that hour.
I don’t call the police everytime I hear a noise that makes my brain go “well that’s a bit weird”?
Not to mention, the brain’s ability to convince you nothing is wrong. So many times I’ve heard shit (especially at uni, it’s the Wild West out there) and gone “yeah it’s probably nothing”. The amount of times random people came into my uni housing at all hours, honestly. One guy threw up and tried to hoover it up and broke it no lies 😂

like i said, maybe I’m weird but having been a student, it is understandable to me

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Truthish

From my personal experience from the trigger warning below I really hope everyone is getting the help that they need. I can see where Steve is coming from but I think him finding out what happened to the girls could be affecting him more than he thought it would and might explain his actions.

[/My friend was murdered and at the time I thought knowing everything would help with the grieving. I just NEEDED to know what happened to my friend. Nothing can really prepare you to sit in court and hear what happened and nothing can ever prepare you for hearing/reading the autopsy report. Having your friend be completely "Dehumanised" in a way, my funny loveable friend became just words on page that's all that was left.]

*edited for better wording.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
I am one of the people who when I watch a horror film and you see a curious character go to “check out something odd” who is screaming at the tv “why? Why are you going into that dark house/room/garage/wood” go and hide! Dylan did exactly the right thing to preserve her life. She essentially hid. It’s ridiculous to think that if she’d gone to check on her friends she would have survived/saved them. He’d already killed 4 including a man, and her friends sound like they were fatally injured if not already dead when he was leaving. It is odd she didn’t call police straight away but im
Presuming there is an explanation for that. But thank god she locked herself in that room, or there may have been 5 victims

• Heart

Lovelula

VIP Member
Desperate to hear those poor kids were awake and in terror...really sad to read those details.

To anyone that is judging poor Dylan...please understand this as I went through an event which terrified me when I was that age (20)..fight or flight is a myth for most people...this type of fear will absolutely paralyze you in a life or death situation..you won't be able to move.I think the girl probably did process the scene and went into a state of deep shock...you would often hear some people say when they go through something traumatic that it feels like an out of body experience..that you're in the room watching it unfold but unable to scream/move.she had no clue whether he was gone for good that night,if he was coming back,had an accomplice etc...that house was horror story material....
Kudos to the police/FBI they were on him since day 1...he was very sloppy I wonder if he wanted the infamy of being caught.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

Katleesi

VIP Member
I honestly don't mean this to sound horrible, but Kaylee's family keep trying to make the whole thing about her and it's like 4 people died that night - I barely hear Ethan or Xana mentioned, it's so sad. If it really was Kaylee that was the target then fair enough I do apologise, but Kaylee's dad keeps saying time and time again, this was targeted, we see links to Kaylee... but also then also saying they're being kept in the dark by the police and finding out stuff at the same time as everyone else. I don't think the police are telling Kaylee's family anything because her dad won't stop talking to the media when they're trying to build a strong case to put the person they think killed his daughter behind bars. Sorry if that came off harsh, I didn't mean it to.

Reactions: 38

Aberscot

Chatty Member
I feel so bad for his Dad, in the traffic stop he proudly says he’s a PHD student now a month on his Son’s face is plastered all over the world and if guilty going to be one of the most notorious killers.
Also this is going to take years to conclusion and most likely death penalty what a weight that family now have on them.
Obviously the victims families will never get over this either and I hope they get some peace knowing they have him

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Dorothy-redshoes

VIP Member
There's alot of people (all over the internet) that isn't understanding that the PCA isn't ALL the evidence. It was a snippet just enough for the state to have evidence to issue him with the arrest warrant and charge him. Dylan would have gone through every second 10x over with investigators as would Bethany. Nobody personally knows Dylan either. Shock can last hours/days/weeks.
The victim blaming on tiktok and twitter is disgusting

Reactions: 35

yellowmellow

VIP Member
The media need to leave everyone alone. They were chasing the parents down the road on the day of the affidavit, they have apparently took photos of Dylan outside her home and they have also got video footage of BKs father outside his home whilst he's cleaning 🤦‍♀️ its awful
The video of BK's dad is so sad, cleaning up the mess left by the police, wearing a mask to hide his face from the media. It's not the families' faults, they must be in shock too and probably just going through the motions of each day. And you just know the media were probably shouting to him things about Bryan like have they spoken to him or did he do it... Like his dad's going to turn around and say "actually yes I've spoken to him and he said x, y, z" :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 33

shadowcat5

VIP Member
People need to hang ten on Dylan's story imo. There will 100% be more to it. The affidavit is only to secure the arrest so chances are there is way more to her witness statement than just those parts included in it. The police will be saving things for the trial anyway but they only needed to include the most relevant bits in it to make sure they could arrest him.

• Heart

Cheezychips

Chatty Member
Since the PCA was released, and a brief outline of D's account was reported it's made me think a lot about a situation I was in several years ago, at work. At the time I was working part time in mini convenience type store, owned by a well known company (begins with "Co"). I was a supervisor on some shifts, but on this one I was working with a different supervisor and a colleague who was a general shop worker.

It was near closing, around 9.30pm, (we closed at ten) and I was tidying up some shelves facing the till, where my colleague was behind the till sorting out paperwork. My back was to the till, and I was bent down sorting some lower shelves when I heard my collegue (I'll call him G)say my name, in an odd tone of voice. When I stood up I was race to face with a male, wearing a scarf covering his face, a hat, all dressed in black. He grabbed my shoulder and upon focusing I realised he was holding a large machete. He told me to open the till, and my immediate reaction was anger, in my head I was thinking how dare he come into our store and do this (we were a tight knit team and had worked there for years) so I said no, I can't, he repeated "open the till" in a more agitated tone of voice and once again I said no, we didn't have the keys, you're not getting any money, I was livid. He saw G move to hit the panic button and said if you do that she's dead.

He then said "I'm going to count to three, and if you don't open the till I'm going to kill you". I looked at my colleague, he began counting, "one..." I'm my head I was thinking what the fuck do I do, "two..." There was a customer around 10 feet from us who had frozen in shock and dropped her basket, so I broke free from his grip, shouted to G to open the till, and grabbed the customer and ran through the back into the office and screamed for my other college who was down in the warehouse, I then locked the door and hit the panic button.

I called 999 and watched on the CCTV him taking the money from the till, cigarettes and bottles of alcohol. I tried to calm down the customer, who was in absolute shock and, made sure my other colleague got into the office safely, and then made sure G was safe. I don't remember much after that, obviously the police arriving, and the manager and assistant manager.

Scary thing was the guys brother lived around the corner from me, I found out afterwards. And he would come into the store after this and stare at me over the counter. He was a scary looking guy too.

I kept an eye on the court case, apparently he had been in jail 18 years out of the prior 20. He had only been out three weeks when he robbed us and an off licence on the same night, just before us. He was give five years, and had to complete the rest of the sentence he was out on parol for, another four years. So 9 I'm total. The judge said there was a good chance he would never be released from prison as he was a danger to the public and had indicated re wanted to kill someone. He had previous for armed robber, assaults, stabbings. He was put on a lifetime supervision order.

Looking back I realise I was so incredibly stupid to argue with him, I know we were always told if someone robbed us just to give them what they wanted. But I don't know what made me argue with him, it wasn't my money, but I was so angry that he would do that to OUR store, and frighten my colleague, and the customer.

I know now he could have quite easily killed me. I just wanted to share my experience as I til you are in a Life threatening situation you never know how you will react. I reacted in the worst way possible. I was worried he was going to go behind the counter and hurt D.

Sorry for the long post but this has been on my mind, and I'm appalled at the comments (not on here) towards that poor girl who came face to face with a psychopath.

• Heart
  • Sad

GiveMyHeadPeace

VIP Member
I’m wondering if in earlier reports they said DM was on the first floor sleeping because they didn’t want him to know that she potentially witnessed him whilst he was still at large. How terrifying for her.

Confusing that she went back to sleep for a further 7 hours but am sure that will be addressed at trial.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32