The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
perhaps they had his DNA on file due to this ?
They got his DNA from a Cousin doing one of them heritage DNA kit things and so linked him via that then went to his parents house and matched it properly via the trash

• Heart
Reactions: 13
They got his DNA from a Cousin doing one of them heritage DNA kit things and so linked him via that then went to his parents house and matched it properly via the trash
Thanks! I watched something on using those heritage DNA things in situations like this just the other day. It’s really interesting actually as this method isn’t used in the UK apparently. But I’ve seen a few cases where it’s been really beneficial in America

Reactions: 5
I wonder if they had things they shouldn't in the house typical college experimenting and that was the reluctance to call the police when she initially saw him. She probably was thinking along the lines of him just taking stuff rather than out to kill. Speculation of course on my part and not meant in any disrespect to the girls.

Reactions: 11
I’m wondering if in earlier reports they said DM was on the first floor sleeping because they didn’t want him to know that she potentially witnessed him whilst he was still at large. How terrifying for her.

Confusing that she went back to sleep for a further 7 hours but am sure that will be addressed at trial.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
It’s so sad how people are still blaming Dylan for not calling the police when she saw him. No wonder she got a lawyer a few weeks back. That poor girl.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Was it him saying it’s ok I’m going to help? That made my blood go cold. 4 innocent lives extinguished in such a short space of time 😢

Even if they were awake they were at home in bed and relaxed. It wouldn’t have been hard for him to come in and quickly incapacitate them with that weapon. I think I’d been hoping that they were asleep so they didn’t know what was happening and it was quick.

My heart breaks for poor Dylan. We often act in irrational ways in times of stress/trauma. She’s going to need some serious therapeutic intervention to get through this.

The police played this well. It may have looked to the public (and most importantly him) that they didn’t have a clue but they were clearly onto him from an early stage.

I’m pretty sure that the guy on Reddit who people thought was him said something about the sheath being left behind. I think the account is gone now but that would definitely suggest it was him or someone with insider knowledge who was posting.

Reactions: 25
I can not believe the house mate saw him and he didn’t kill her. I absolutely can’t get my head around this

Reactions: 12
It’s so sad how people are still blaming Dylan for not calling the police when she saw him. No wonder she got a lawyer a few weeks back. That poor girl.
I don’t think anyone blames her, now more facts are out, but it will make people wonder why she didn’t act sooner.
And, as awful as it sounds, what if one of them could have been saved?

Reactions: 12
I have a daughter and it breaks my heart to think how terrified she might be in that situation. It’s unfair for all those people to speculate and blame her because no one knows how they’d react in that situation at 19/20. She might have been absolutely terrified to leave that room again or even alert anyone to the fact she was in that house so waited until she knew for sure she was safe

Reactions: 17
I’m wondering if in earlier reports they said DM was on the first floor sleeping because they didn’t want him to know that she potentially witnessed him whilst he was still at large. How terrifying for her.

Confusing that she went back to sleep for a further 7 hours but am sure that will be addressed at trial.
She was maybe on drugs though I don't like to speculate

Reactions: 8
I don’t think anyone blames her, now more facts are out, but it will make people wonder why she didn’t act sooner.
And, as awful as it sounds, what if one of them could have been saved?
Sorry, I didn’t mean here. But there’s a lot of people pointing fingers at her for it on Twitter.

Apparently he is facing the death penalty
i think it is defo on the cards for him because of how high profile this case has been they will push for it. I do think he’ll take a plea deal now he knows all they have on him.

Imagine how scared she’s been his whole time wondering if he did see her and coming back for her 🥹

Also she was on her own, maybe she thought that the guys would be ok as they were each with someone, I can’t even begin to imagine how scared she must of been. I do understand people are questioning why she didn’t call 911 earlier also.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How do we know that Dylan hired a lawyer?

I’m not American but can someone let me know if you can alert 911 without calling, maybe through texts?

Reactions: 4
Cant believe how much information we got from that 😵💫 WOW!
I'm not surprised because they stated in the last press conference that reporters will have to get their information from the court documents going forward and yes that gag order was put in effect it just stopped people involved in the case from talking to the media.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry, I didn’t mean here. But there’s a lot of people pointing fingers at her for it on Twitter.

i think it is defo on the cards for him because of how high profile this case has been they will push for it. I do think he’ll take a plea deal now he knows all they have on him.
I just hope he doesn’t try to drag it out in any way and make this any more agonising for the families (and his own)

There seems to be a lot of evidence against him from what the PCA says, not that I understand a lot of it 😆

How do we know that Dylan hired a lawyer?

I’m not American but can someone let me know if you can alert 911 without calling, maybe through texts?
There was something a few weeks back (I think when tiktokers started making videos blaming the surviving roommates/boyfriend etc) saying that they’d got attorneys etc (could have been another false bit of info tho)

I do think he’ll let it go to trial just so he can put the families through it all/get off on the thrill of the trial itself. But I think he’ll probably take a plea deal before it ends to stop himself getting the death penalty.

Reactions: 8
K I read the affidavit and that evidence is pretty damning. They basically have him dead to rights, between cell data, his car's movement, and DNA. He's really dumb if he tries to go to trial but he probably will. tit.

Dylan is lucky to be alive. Poor thing. I hope she gets plenty of counseling, I can't imagine how she must feel knowing she saw their killer's face and came within feet of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.