The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People need to hang ten on Dylan's story imo
I think people are more confused/critical of why she didn't call the authorities sooner, and I honestly don't think there's anything she could say which would make sense. Though obviously there's the minority who think she's still involved somehow 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I think people are more confused/critical of why she didn't call the authorities sooner, and I honestly don't think there's anything she could say which would make sense. Though obviously there's the minority who think she's still involved somehow 🙄
That's what I mean. I appreciate people being confused but we probably don't have the entirety of her story. There could be a plausible explanation why she didn't and she could have explained why she didn't in her witness statement to the police which wasn't relevant in the affidavit. As I said, they have only included enough to secure the arrest. She's likely going to have to take the stand anyway and it'll come out later on.

People are taking the timeline and information from it as pure gospel, exactly what happened, case closed. Of course it is true, not everything will be in there.

Reactions: 11
Surely Dylan would have text the girls upstairs to check they were OK and not Bethany.

Reactions: 2
Surely Dylan would have text the girls upstairs to check they were OK and not Bethany.
When I lived in a house share in my uni days we had a group chat - I’m sure it’s the same for many nowadays. She probably text everyone individually or in a group chat. Bethany would have been the only reply she got; and then they probably starting texting about what they’d heard/seen

Reactions: 5
The police searched Dylan and bethanys phones, so they could have sent text messages?, we don't know yet until Dylan or bethany is called as a witness or the trial starts

Been following this case since beginning but mainly on Reddit.

The PCA released a lot of info but almost raises as many questions as it answers!

Dylan seeing attacker is definitely strange. I personally can only think she locked herself in her room and maybe passed out in fear? We don’t know where she was in the evening prior so could have been out drinking or taking something which added to her state after seeing someone in the house. I can’t imagine she just shut the door and went to sleep.
If she did message the other roommates including Bethany, Bethany could have genuinely been asleep and not seen messages until the morning. Maybe Bethany then woke in the morning, saw messages got scared and called over friends hence the 911 call from another phone involving multiple people speaking to the police.

I remember comments on Reddit about the house from people that know the area and they said it’s pretty old and not that nice. There was talk that the bedrooms on the ground level had been converted from a garage and under Idaho building code that would have meant a concrete layer between that level and the floors above plus insulation. So it always seemed plausible (if that’s true) that anyone on the ground level would not have heard anything. Which also led everyone to believe the two surviving roommates were on that floor, ofc we now know different which has raised a lot of questions.

I’ve just seen a video on tiktok it won’t let me link it; but it’s about how some defence attorneys think BK could walk free. It’s actually quite interesting; it’s by a tiktoker called notsotrickynicktruecrime - I mean obviously they’ll gain more evidence on him now that’s he been arrested but still an interesting watch!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Yeh this is what I am thinking too. Sounds for sure like there was some communication going on.

I don't think Dylan calling the police when she first heard the noises or saw the figure in the hallway would have made any difference to the overall outcome really. Yes they police would have got there quicker and had an head start but I think there would have still been 4 fatalities.

Imagine how she felt the next day when coming out of her room and seeing what had happened, jesus it's enough to make you never sleep again.
She saved her own life by shutting that door she's extremely lucky. She can say she literally was seconds away from death. Hope she gets thr right help she will need

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve just seen a video on tiktok it won’t let me link it; but it’s about how some defence attorneys think BK could walk free. It’s actually quite interesting; it’s by a tiktoker called notsotrickynicktruecrime - I mean obviously they’ll gain more evidence on him now that’s he been arrested but still an interesting watch!
I would say BK beieves he will walk too...hence he flew to Idaho so quickly with police. He could have stayed in PA fighting it.he wanted to see the PCA.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if the murders were more opportunistic than people think. Maybe BK had been going and stalking/scoping out the house for a while (per the police report of at least 12 visits to the house prior), fantasising about going inside and murdering whoever his target was but previously had not had the confidence. I wonder if he possibly saw his chance when X received her food delivery and took it. He maybe thought that the delivery driver would be suspected as he was the one who went to the house around the time of the murders. He stalked them/the house for weeks, maybe months and took his chance when he saw an alternative suspect at the property and this is why he acted so quickly and made mistakes such as dropping the sheath.

I also sympathise with D and am surprised at the amount of people still going after her and attacking her character without all the information. Clearly the girl will be absolutely traumatised by what she saw that night and had a reason for not calling for help at the time (if this is even the case).

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I wonder if he realised he dropped the sheath before the PCA came out or that's the first time he clocked on

Reactions: 9
I wonder if the murders were more opportunistic than people think. Maybe BK had been going and stalking/scoping out the house for a while (per the police report of at least 12 visits to the house prior), fantasising about going inside and murdering whoever his target was but previously had not had the confidence. I wonder if he possibly saw his chance when X received her food delivery and took it. He maybe thought that the delivery driver would be suspected as he was the one who went to the house around the time of the murders. He stalked them/the house for weeks, maybe months and took his chance when he saw an alternative suspect at the property and this is why he acted so quickly and made mistakes such as dropping the sheath.

I also sympathise with D and am surprised at the amount of people still going after her and attacking her character without all the information. Clearly the girl will be absolutely traumatised by what she saw that night and had a reason for not calling for help at the time (if this is even the case).
Why would he be dressed for the occasion and have his knife and mask if it was opportunistic though?

Why would he be dressed for the occasion and have his knife and mask if it was opportunistic though?
Because maybe he did that every time he went and stalked the place? He was playing the fantasy up to the point of actually entering the house, which is what I meant when I said that he may not have had the confidence to go through with it previously. He sees the door dash guy and thinks now is the time as someone else will be suspected and if BK had not dropped the sheath, delivery guy could very well have been a the main suspect.

I'm just speculating, just seems coincidental that he entered the property and committed the murders shortly after food was delivered.

it is the Daily Mail .. but they have article today saying that FBI were watching at his parents and he put rubbish out wearing surgical gloves at 4am and used his neighbour bins !

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I wonder if they have more DNA evidence. Scary to think if he had walked on foot with no phone and hadn’t left the knife holder behind then he could have gotten away with it 😳

Reactions: 11
Such an interesting theory about BK hoping the delivery driver would be in the frame.

i completely agree we know little about the interaction with Dylan- there could be plenty more, including them talking/ him threatening her/ maybe even injuring her. They’ve only given us the info needed for the arrest- which was a witness at the scene who saw a person very vaguely matching BK description. I actually wonder why it was even in the PAC, since it isn’t great evidence. But I’m sure there is more to the intereaction that explains why she just locked herself back in.

I don’t believe she fainted/ passed out etc- people don’t lose consciousness for 6 hours.

i also don’t believe she was high or stoned, as the police surely wouldnt have included her statements in the PAC in that knowledge. As I said before it doesn’t actually add much, in the way it’s been described so far

I can’t believe he drove right up to their door. In this day and age with doorbell cameras everywhere, what was he thinking?! I mean it’s good that he was a bumbling prick so they could catch him, but honestly, did he learn nothing in Criminology classes?

Reactions: 18
I swear some people are acting angrier at Dylan rather than the actual murderer ffs 🤦🏼‍♀️ hate tiktok sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 47
DM was probably terrified to open her door and see what had happened.

Maybe she waited all night and until noon for the house mates to make a noise and it’s possible nobody did until Bethany was up and about.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.